Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Pleasure And Covetousness-Twin Evils To Avoid - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pleasure And Covetousness-Twin Evils To Avoid (371 Views)

Kiss Daniel(kd) Performing At Pleasure Park Portharcourt. / Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection / Evils Twins Murder Mum And Stab Dad, Brother With Meat Cleaver, For Stopping The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pleasure And Covetousness-Twin Evils To Avoid by TI1919(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2016
The love for pleasure is what will make a man backslide. If a man can decide he does not want pleasure for the Bible says in 1 Tim. 5:6 "But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth." The bible is very simple and straight forward. They are not issues you do not know before. The only way to prepare for the end time is to just live the Christian life, follow the word, read the Bible again and again. Try to find out what people are talking about.

Look at Jesus dealing with the spirit of end time in Luke 12:13-15
"And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he posseseth."

The question Jesus ask in verse 14 touched my mind. Jesus seems to be asking why he was being made what he is not.
You hear preachers saying , "come to Jesus he will give you house." And Jesus seems to be asking who made him such an officer over you? Is that what he has appointed to give unto men? And he says, "beware of covetousness"

What is covetousness about a man who has a right in this world with his father's property and another person is not giving him? He was asking for his own and not for the others man's. Can that be called covetousness? Covetousness is a desire to have something you do not need immediately even if it is legally yours. If you do not get fundamental with the word God, the spirit of end time will catch you.
What is the secret that is making many brethren to backslide? They feel it is their right to make it in this world because they are king's kids but Jesus says, "beware of covetousness-for the life of a man does not depend on the abundance of things he has." Yet our own definition of a rich man is in abundance of possession.

When covetousness is inside you the power of lawlessness will catch you. Jesus knew it was a battle that the devil was raging, so he started right early to give instructions. The time we have spent running after what the human nature loves to have is enough. Let us spend the rest of out time doing the will of God. You have spent enough time in the past what pagans choose to do. The scripture says
"the end of all things is at hand, be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayers"

I know why God want us to deal with the mind. If in my mind what I left eighteen years ago became precious to me again it means I am now out of my mind. I will not be thinking properly... To be clear minded simply means to clear one's mind of garbage, wrong perceptions, wrong confessions, and ambitions. Bring out everything that is going on in your mind and weight it in the light of eternity. Check if the things occupying your mind are worth it. As you take them out one after the other and your mind becomes clear, you will see properly and see the world for what it is.The moment you see that the world is not going anywhere but just 'round and round,' you will choose not to follow it. Take an illustration of when 'baggy' trousers were worn to keep Lagos clean came out. All normal trousers were discarded. After one year 'pencil' trousers came out. To remove trousers you needed assistance or you added zip to the trousers legs. Yet no body questioned the rationale behind investing in zip when you could easily expand the trouser. It will be good to take time to find out the power behind this fashion changes. One might be thinking there are human beings that sit and direct the world on the next direction of fashion to go when in actual fact, it is being directed by the prince of this world, the "spirit of lawlessness." You will find out that if you do not follow the fashion, nothing will really happen to you. You may be called old fashioned, but it does not reduce you now or make less effective.

You need to clear your mind and find out where the world system is going so that it will not become a treasure in your life. When Paul said, "let no body trouble me," he came to the point of victory in dealing with end time. You need a correct analysis of what the world system is all about and what the devil is all about. When you come to that conclusion, you will simply say, "leave me alone." All you will be saying is that you have chosen the "way of Calvary". Be clear minded. This instruction is simple and effective. The world will change but Jesus does not change. His principles are ever fresh and always relevant. Whatever becomes of your country in twenty years time, it will not affect you. New ideas and all the different things people are bringing will not affect you. The provision for dealing with the end time is simple, unassuming word of God that you need to give yourself to. Make it a personal choice, it cannot be group decision.

You must decide not to change with the world. If you keep changing , your mind is in confusion and you are not clear minded. The world has confused you. The prince of the power of the air has got you by pushing his own definition to your mind. Can you find out where they are going? Do not envy the world. Do not be moved by what they are doing. Follow the narrow way it has been proven to be faithful. You can never follow the instructions of Jesus and miss the way. If you follow the instructions you will not know 'austerity'. This is because the basic things you need for life, nothing has not been affected. The things the world has affected are the that are not necessity for LIFE.

How can you be clear-minded? How was Moses able to withstand Pharaoh? The Bible says, "he esteemed the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt..." (Heb 11:26). He did not see anything. What do you see in Your mind? When people felt that Moses was missing the throne, Moses could not understand what they are saying because he saw something that has foundation and is more authentic though not visible to the human eye. Men of faith were able to overcome by "seeing him, who is invisible."

To apply the fact of the end time to our responsibility towards the gospel is still the issue of 'how you use it.' What you spend your money on is what you think is important. There are several of you that the only time you went home to your village and you needed to spend a night sleeping on the one bed with bed bugs that your father left, you could not to the people you went with that it was your house. This led to the ambition that is making you to insist on having a house in your village. Yet, when are you parking to go and settle? Are you spending all that money to have a place sleep once in five years? You are confused, you do not know where you are going. When you finish the building, it will become a place for rats, and cockroaches. You are not clear minded. If you are clear minded you would have pursued what is functional,
usable, and can be converted. Why worry about where you will sleep for only one night.

1 Like

Re: Pleasure And Covetousness-Twin Evils To Avoid by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Right

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

With Rue My Heart Is Laden... / I / Must You Say Fp Lalasticlala Omaj4 Before Posts Reach Front Page?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.