Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now (793 Views)

Heartland Football Club Of Owerri Returns To Nigeria Premier League. Pictures. / Richest Football Club In Nigeria 2017 | List Of Nigeria Premier League Clubs / Nigeria Premier League Now On Bet9ja (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by ruggedtimi(m): 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Look at the crowd at a 1978 match between Rangers of Enugu and Bendel Insurance of Benin. What happened that in less than a generation our people lost their love for their own local leagues and became fixated on foreign leagues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by Tolexander: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
ruggedtimi:
Look at the crowd at a 1978 match between Rangers of Enugu and Bendel Insurance of Benin. What happened that in less than a generation our people lost their love for their own local leagues and became fixated on foreign leagues?
digital satellite television and other satellite signals were not common then and only few local stations. Many Nigerians had to stick to our local league and watch the live matche since they may not be televised live.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by acenazt: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
The love is returning. I watch matches on Super sports and son teams get full capacity
Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by reverendfather: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
that was when Nigeria was Nigeria.
#nigeriashallbegreatagain
Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by crownprince102: 10:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
That was before Nigeria became Naija!!!

Bros... If I bring out several pics of the Nigerian League in the 80s and compare it with now, you might burst into tears.

If I show you some statistics of the league that shows our league of then was better than european league, You might end up collapsing.

Do you know the Nigerian League average wage was higher than that of England then?

Do you know till date, EPL is just getting close to matching the average attendance our league recorded in the 80s.

Do you know El Classico record attendance of a little above 99,000 is yet to match the record attendance of Shooting Stars vs Rangers game of approximately 120,000.

Bros, make I no just talk. I have a dream of transforming our league into world class, I already have the plan well documented but I've not gotten an enabling environment.

I wish our league can rise again to the top, it the only way to solve our national team problem.
Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by groundnutoil(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
Am wit u bro me too have detailed ways i wanna transform enyimba but i have two setbacks 'funds and d govt williness to sel dm to me
crownprince102:

Bros... If I bring out several pics of the Nigerian League in the 80s and compare it with now, you might burst into tears.

If I show you some statistics of the league that shows our league of then was better than european league, You might end up collapsing.

Do you know the Nigerian League average wage was higher than that of England then?

Do you know till date, EPL is just getting close to matching the average attendance our league recorded in the 80s.

Do you know El Classico record attendance of a little above 99,000 is yet to match the record attendance of Shooting Stars vs Rangers game of approximately 120,000.

Bros, make I no just talk. I have a dream of transforming our league into world class, I already have the plan well documented but I've not gotten an enabling environment.

I wish our league can rise again to the top, it the only way to solve our national team problem.
Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by xtophy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
obj,abacha,bubu×2,ibb, ati awon oloriburuku yoku lokoba ooo
Re: Nigeria Premier League 1970s Vs Now by tck2000(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
crownprince102:

very

(1) (Reply)

Live At Stephen Keshi's Burial(photos) / Usain Showed Me His Lightning Bolt – And I Couldn’t Resist It! / Top 5 Nigerian Footballers In Europe (week 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.