Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair (803 Views)

Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? / Beware Of Fixed Match Sellers(fp Please) / Please Mods Stop Making Topics That Objectifies Ladies & Promote Nudity FP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by ibnzubair(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

I want to bring a issue -I believe to have been overlooked - to your attention. As we all know, Nairaland is Nigeria's biggest forum accessed by Nigerians, home and abroad as well as non-Nigerians worldwide. Thanks to Seun.

I believe, this forum should be used to promote the international image of our beloved country. Hence, threads about how Nigerians are criminals, drug pushers etc. Should be left in their respective sections and not be moved to front page. So things like this won't be blown out of proportion or exaggerated as most media outlets might have.

Instead threads about successful Nigerians should be. If we don't present ourselves well, who will?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by Coolgent(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice one Dan Zubairu
Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by ibnzubair(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2016
Coolgent:
Nice one Dan Zubairu

Dan zubairu? What the heck did you translate my name into?
Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by Coolgent(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2016
ibnzubair:

Dan zubairu? What the heck did you translate my name into?
i knw Ibn is an arabic word it means Son Of...
So your moniker read Ibnzubair thats Son of zubair (Dan Zubair)
Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2016
Dan Zubairu grin grin I'm with you all the way. But you must understand that like journalist, the mods or who ever is responsible for FP is selling news and these kind of threads are enjoyed by the average nairalander. The fact that you read the same post throughout the entire thread is no problem to them. Crazy I say

I think the primary purpose of public broadcasting is to create an enabling environment where media can contribute and give a voice to the masses and ensure the masses stay informed. Now, if the only thing broadcasted is drugs, obviously that's the number1 activity in that area. Imagine this, the capturers tell you " we have caught your people" and you still "rebroadcast" the matter, even applauding it. What really is the point of reading the same comments everyday on the same topic? Why are we disabling our voices? Bring the news forward yes, I agree but as op says, don't FP them. We have heard enough!!!

The President said Nigerians are "fantastically corrupt" and these threads going to FP are helping him prove to the world how true his claim is. He would look stupid now if these kind of threads were minimal on FP.

Nice name by the way Dan Zubairu cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by ibnzubair(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2016
Coolgent:

i knw Ibn is an arabic word it means Son Of...
So your moniker read Ibnzubair thats Son of zubair (Dan Zubair)

The Hausa version of my name isn't as cute as I want it be

1 Like

Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by ibnzubair(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
jagugu88li:
Dan Zubairu grin grin I'm with you all the way. But you must understand that like journalist, the mods or who ever is responsible for FP is selling news and these kind of threads are enjoyed by the average nairalander. The fact that you read the same post throughout the entire thread is no problem to them. Crazy I say

I think the primary purpose of public broadcasting is to create an enabling environment where media can contribute and give a voice to the masses and ensure the masses stay informed. Now, if the only thing broadcasted is drugs, obviously that's the number1 activity in that area. Imagine this, the capturers tell you " we have caught your people" and you still "rebroadcast" the matter, even applauding it. What really is the point of reading the same comments everyday on the same topic? Why are we disabling our voices? Bring the news forward yes, I agree but as op says, don't FP them. We have heard enough!!!

The President said Nigerians are "fantastically corrupt" and these threads going to FP are helping him prove to the world how true his claim is. He would look stupid now if these kind of threads were minimal on FP.

Nice name by the way Dan Zubairu cheesy

Sometimes going through the front page of Nairaland makes me wonder what picture are we trying to portray for our country

1 Like

Re: The Reason Certain Crime Threads Should Not Be On FP -ibnzubair by Coolgent(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
ibnzubair:

The Hausa version of my name isn't as cute as I want it be
grin

(1) (Reply)

SA Police Killing Nigerians More Dan Even Citizens In South Africa. / He Lured Me With N1m - Hairstylist Nabbed With Cocaine Inside Her Bra / Would I Be In Trouble If I Had Killed Him???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.