Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering (629 Views)

60-year-old Father Turns His 12-year-old Daughter Into His Sex Slave In Lagos / Soldiers Kill 5 Men At Bunkering Site In Rivers State (Disturbing Photos) / Illegal Oil Bunkering : 3 Arrested And 4 Vessels Impounded By Navy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Mztarstrechy(m): 6:32am On Jul 14, 2016
[img]http://www.olisa.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/thief-640x400.jpg[/img]
A 19-year-old father of one, Chemede Anre, arrested for oil bunkering, was paraded by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps on Wednesday and told the media how he got involved in the criminal activity.

The suspect who was picked up along with 5 other accomplices — Ibrahim Kwenu, 23; Savig Videjon, 20; Celestine Soru, 20; Simon Posu, 22, and 21-year-old Lekan Wesu — confessed that his mother introduced him to a crime-lord, Savie, who is still at large, as his meagre earnings from his fisherman job could no longer support his family in this time of draught.

Anre and others were arrested on Friday by the anti-vandal squad in Badagry and paraded at the Lagos State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in Ikeja. They were caught with 86 drums believed to contain about 250 litres of petrol each, which were being ferried to Benin Republic. The fuel was suspected to have been syphoned from vandalised pipelines of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.

While narrating his involvement to Punch, Anre stated:

“I am a fisherman, but it has been very difficult to catch fish in the sea these days because of drought. When it became difficult to take care of my family, my mother introduced me to Savie.”

“He (Savie) asked me to help him transport the fuel from Badagry to Asipa in Seme. I invited five other fishermen to carry out the job and he promised to give us N4,000 each after the deal. We were on the way to deliver the product to him when we were arrested. I know what I did was wrong and I regret my action. It was hunger that forced me into it.”

Tajudeen Balogun, the NSCDC Commandant in Lagos State, confirmed that his men arrested the vandals after receiving intel on their activities and noted that concerted efforts are being made to arrest the kingpin who will be charged to court with the others at the end of investigations.

“Our marine unit has been on surveillance in the Badagry area for some time. The officers recovered 86 drums of 250 litres each filled with petrol, totalling 21,250 litres. Ten empty drums and one wooden boat were also recovered from the suspects.

“Investigation revealed that the product was being transported to the Republic of Benin. We plan to arrest their mastermind so that we can curb this economic sabotage,” he said.

Source : http://naijalodge.com/2016/07/promised-n4000-19-year-old-father-arrested-oil-bunkering/
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Totino: 6:33am On Jul 14, 2016
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Kenneth205(m): 6:35am On Jul 14, 2016
Chaii!

I refuse to be a tribalist.

NCAN

How market?
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Cutehector(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2016
cool
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by lifezone247(m): 6:47am On Jul 14, 2016
Mtewwww, propaganda. Come to the border (seme) at night and see how those product has been smuggling into Benin republic. On a well constructed tri-circles. That can carry more than 2000ltr of petroleum product across the border.

1 Like

Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Lordskyes(m): 6:57am On Jul 14, 2016
Hmm
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by nzemila(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2016
you must be on gum to be saying you will not do it again.
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2016
nzemila:
you must be on gum to be saying you will not do it again.

Mind you, you are the one who quoted me.
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by tyson99(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2016
jagugu88li:

Hawayu

1 Like

Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Nne5: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2016
This name be as ee get Ibrahim Kwenu

3 Likes

Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by nzemila(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
jagugu88li:

lol, sorry i was talking to the driver
Re: ‘we Were Promised N4000 Each’ – 19-year-old Father Arraigned For Oil Bunkering by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2016
tyson99:

Hawayu

I try, hawayu?

nzemila:

lol, sorry i was talking to the driver

tongue

(1) (Reply)

Filming Teenagers To Upload Online Nabbed By Police / These 2 Little Boys Arrested For Raping And Killing A 1 Year Old Girl / Policemen Beat And Stripped Bus Driver Over N100 Bribe In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.