Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" (67958 Views)

I Feel Threatened, Fans Tell Wizkid - See What Wizkid Wrote Here / Anita Joseph, Your Sitting Position Is Unladylike - Fans Tell Actress (Photo) / The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up – Fans Tell Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by olatunjithomas(m): 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
Ayo ‘Wizkid’ Balogun, Nigerian singer who is currently at the peak of his career, has been given a rude awakening by his fans on social media.

The fans of the Starboy label boss have advised him to tone down his penchant for smoking cannabis, also known as marijuana.

One fan recently asked him on social media, “must you smoke all the time” while another enjoined him to reduce his intake of “hard drugs” because it’s starting to affect his appearance.

Since he burst into limelight over six years ago, Wizkid has at different times, publicly displayed his love for smoking pot – in the same vein as some of his foreign friends and collaborators, Rihanna and Chris Brown.

Hence, it is common knowledge among his fans that he occasionally indulges in smoking marijuana.

In that vein of acceptance laced with concern, another fan also said, “smoke is drying you out… you need to take a chill or [get] high on something else”.

The artiste, who’s been on the road for the past year, was also urged by a fan “to chill out and rest for few days” while another commentator observed that his smoke intake and/or stress is darkening his skin.

A video of Wizkid’s surfaced on the internet in 2012 – which showed the then 21-year-old freestyling about “smoking weed” on a daily basis while holding between his index and middle finger, a rolled up marijuana.

“Everyday my brother, I’m chilling with my n****s oh yea/ we smoking marijuana all day and we giving thanks to Jah all day/seaside I’m feeling it, lucky supply the kpoli/see my brother we no be holy,” Wizkid sang.

Similarly, in September 2014, Wizkid was reportedly arrested in Kenya for smoking in a non-smoking hotel, Standard Digital News reported.

Wizkid, who was in Kenya to shoot a music video with Victoria Kimani, Del B and Patrick Elis, was lodged in the Nairobi Crown Plaza Hotel.

While checking out of the hotel, he was accused of smoking illegal substances and Kimani reportedly intervened while Wizkid was slammed with a fine of Sh 50,000 ($560).

The artiste’s former manager, Seun Johnson, however, denied such an occurrence, saying, “Nothing of such happened. It is all rumour, rumors keep churning out everyday, it didn’t happen.”

Wizkid has shown off several rolled-up joints in series of Instagram photos over the past few years – most often when he travels abroad.

Much recently, Wizkid was pictured holding what appeared to be yet another rolled up joint while on the set of a video shoot with British/Nigerian rapper, Tinie Tempah, in Santo Domingo, the capital of Dominican Republic.

The singer, who’s working on his debut international album, is yet to respond to the concerns raised by his fans.

https://www.thecable.ng/smoking-is-drying-you-up-fans-tell-wizkid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Ayuzz007(m): 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2016
Baba Nla won.......

It's high time you ChAnge!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Solidkay(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Its not only d cannabis dats doing d damage,even d tonning cream hes using is doing him more harms than good..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Afrok(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
I hope he quits or reduce the smoking just for the sake of his health, coz later now they'll ask US to start praying for them...
Nah me need prayer pass, so I may not remember them that time oo undecided]

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by olatunjithomas(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
Afrok:
I hope he quits or reduce the smoking just for the sake of his health, coz later now they'll ask US to start praying for them...
Nah me need prayer pass, so I may not remember them that time oo undecided]

baddest.....no vex now, even me sef need prayer.

9 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by falconey(m): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
wizzy we love you but without weed

2 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Afrok(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2016
olatunjithomas:

baddest.....no vex now, even me sef need prayer.
cheesy My brother anybody wey believe in something needs prayer in whatever form... I believe in God and prays, so do u...

There's a saying that "what's good needs prayer, the one that's not yet good needs prayer too".
In all we do, we must do our best and taking our health serious is paramount and part of it.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by funkymoore: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2016
The thing is seriously affecting is look this days, he needs psychologist to help him thru, before another Majek Fashek go surface.

8 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by femolacqua(m): 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Bobo wise up, u don't wanna go down there. End result won't look good.

1 Like

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by MedicalSamwise(m): 3:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
OJB JEZREEL!! !! !!! !!!!! !! !!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!! !! !!!!! !! cry

1 Like

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
Weed is healthy and helps I'm creative thinking, fvck what these Niggas think.

STARBOY...We waiting on your Mixtape Bruh

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Edybleketara: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by attacker321: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
wizkid is a cursed eeediot that threatened to beat up a woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Lolz fact sha
Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by MAGNETIC(m): 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2016
Who cares? everybody has his or own life to live

1 Like

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by NaLaugh: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2016
Humans are experts at living everyone else's lives, except their own. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Ekuru: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
He's getting dried up like his career - Linda Ikeji

10 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by CuteTj(m): 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
I thought I was going to see pics of him lighting up the joint.

I'm disappointed in the writer of the article because ordinary word of mouth does not prove his smoking is way above board.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by nathz45: 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
more weed
more inspiration
more money

5 Likes

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by vizkiz: 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2016
linda ikeji be looking at these comments like grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
Let him continue his smoking, it will help him reveal to us all d celebrity ladies dat have smelly pusssies e.g linda ikeji.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by daprince1017: 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2016
Its not really anybody problem if he does that, if u are rich nd famous like he is ur attitude might be worse than his present attitudes...so mouth sealed. grin
Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by mohciz69(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
I just pray he doesn't end up like Majek Fashek

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by milky3(f): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
his life his business
Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by samzzycash(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2016
See as he resemble king kong.... He better ask davido for tips on how to get the originals case davido self na confirm shayo

1 Like

Re: Fans Tell Wizkid: "The Cannabis You Are Smoking Is Drying You Up" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Vanquay16:

Weed is healthy and helps in creative thinking,

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reactions Trail BBN Tacha's Dressing As She Visits Lagos State CP / Paul Okoye 'Rudeboy' Joins #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Photo) / Tekno Compares Nigerian Jollof Rice With Ghanaian Jollof Rice (pics,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.