Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,719 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State (38059 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Noneroone(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2016
Modified
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by cruz419(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2016
U forgot to add that the number of taxi in kwara is at the radio,, 1family to 1 taxi dere so many taxi in kwara state ;DU f
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by roseyemi119(f): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2016
this OP sha..nice one

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Odunharry(m): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2016
cruz419:
U fall to add the number of taxi in kwara is at the radio 1family to 1 taxi dere so many taxi in kwara state ;DU f
True.. so many taxi and turo too (their public bus)
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2016
YourNemesis:

shocked shocked
Jeez! where did you get this from Ogbeni Fratermathy ?
Ilorin is overwhelmingly Yoruba and that is why Yoruba language could become the dominant language of the city, the Fulanis in Ilorin and Kwara are infact the smallest minority.

Yoruba language is spoken. However, many of the people descended from Shehu Alimi and that makes them of Fulani ethic descent. Take note of the language I used when I got to this point in my writeup.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2016
Be proud

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by YourNemesis: 11:34am On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Yoruba language is spoken. However, many of the people descended from Shehu Alimi and that makes them of Fulani ethic descent. Take note of the language I used when I got to this point in my writeup.

You said Ilorin is predominantly Fulani.... how farther from the truth could that be?
When you were in Ilorin how many Fulani looking people did you see around?

6 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by nihinlade(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2016
Yeah, Oro is a town that is home to many popular Nigerians e.g. Lai Mohammed (Minister of Information), Alabi Pasuma (Popular Musician), Yinka Quadri (Popular Nollywood Actor), Tony Tetula (Popular Musician) and Bode de Way (Popular Socialite).

The problem is that they are not co-operative among themselves; Oro should be a big town by now.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero (literarymathy[at]gmail.com)
[size=1pt]Lalasticlala Lalasticlala Lalasticlala[/size]
you are too much my brother @fratermathy

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by favouriteYSF(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2016
Don't know why most of you are trying to defend these our fraudster government in kwara state.
Let just call a spade a spade "kawai"
As he said kwara is a one town state
Apart from Ilorin name another develop state

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2016
YourNemesis:

You said Ilorin is predominantly Fulani.... how farther from the truth could that be?
When you were in Ilorin how many Fulani looking people did you see around?

Don't get it twisted. Many of them are yorubas in all sense of that word. However, I maintain that most are of Fulani descent. The key term being "descent". I didnt say they are Fulanis. It's all an issue of semantics.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2016
roseyemi119:
this OP sha..nice one
What about the Op ma'am?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Origin(f): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2016
When you consider the number of ethnic groups that makes up a state not to talk of the whole country, its inspiring to see how we've fared so far.

Nigeria is colourful, proud and flamboyant.

Lets focus on the things that binds and unite us EVERYDAY. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Shollay20(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Kwara is good here.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by SuperS1Panther: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Joker.

They are descendants of Shehu Alimi and they cannot speak Fulfulde. Rather they prefer speaking Yoruba. What a very funny narrative.

Drive around Ilorin, how many Buhari-looking people do you see around?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Shollay20(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2016
Kwara is good here.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Joker.

They are descendants of Shehu Alimi and they cannot speak Fulfulde. Rather they prefer speaking Yoruba. What a very funny narrative.

Drive around Ilorin, how many Buhari-looking people do you see around?

fratermathy:

Don't get it twisted. Many of them are yorubas in all sense of that word. However, I maintain that most are of Fulani descent. The key term being "descent". I didnt say they are Fulanis. It's all an issue of semantics.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2016
there is no good road in kwara

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by YourNemesis: 11:51am On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

How can they be "Yorubas in every sense of the word" if they are of Fulani descent like you claim they are?
The Fulani descended people of Ilorin are a relatively small and well known political class within the city, not the masses.
Anyways, you still have a lot to learn about Kwara.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by AngelAhnie(f): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2016
Rapmoney:
H
H for horn..y
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by leksy07(m): 11:53am On Jul 15, 2016
kennylawal:
Be proud

who OFFA Epp
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by toyinjimoh(m): 11:54am On Jul 15, 2016
am proud of my state..... omo offa representing d whole kwarans on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by fratermathy(m): 11:54am On Jul 15, 2016
YourNemesis:

How can they be "Yorubas in every sense of the word" if they are of Fulani descent like you claim they are?
The Fulani descended people of Ilorin are a relatively small and well known political class within the city, not the masses.
Anyways, you still have a lot to learn about Kwara.

Noted.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by 2seventeen(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2016
I agree with d OP,kwara roads are very very bad.if u're comin frm osun state nd u enter Erin-ile,u wont av to b told b4 u notice d difference.if u're comin frm ekiti,once u're out of Otun ekiti,u'll wake up even if u're sleepin due to d bad condition of d road.i dnt knw if those arguing wt d Op have ever traveled thruogh Offa-Ajase road.evrytn d op said abt kwara is 100% corect.D governor is even an errand boy to d SP.I jst pray God delivers kwara frm d claw of Wicked Saraki

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by YourNemesis: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
fratermathy:

Noted.

This your write up is damaging.
Let me Explain Kwara state to you in a nutshell and as fast/quick as I can....

There are 16 LGAs in Kwara state.
12 are Yoruba dominated including those of the Ilorin metropolis, however there exists a small pocket of Fulani political class within the city who wield a lot of influence (disproportionately so) due to Northern backing, as well as nomadic Fulanis spread across the state with their cattle just like in every other part of Nigeria.

2 LGAs is Nupe dominated, they are Edu and Patigi
2 local governments are Bariba dominated and also very sparsely populated (Kaiama and Baruten)
These Nupe and Bariba LGs together with Moro make up Kwara North. The other 11 are in Kwara central and South.
Among the Yoruba stock, the Igbominas are the majority, but 2 local governments are ethnically Ekiti (Oke Ero and Ekiti LG), then there are also the Oyos and the Ibolos who make up a significant proportion of the Yorubas in the state, as well as a very small Yagba population.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Toofan007: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice write-up. But thought Gowon created the state just before the civil war? Well done all the same.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by Rapmoney(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
AngelAhnie:
H for horn..y
No. H is for Hennesy! cool
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by mayour16(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
dayoolawepo:
Nice write up. As regards the road, i am aware the state government is working on rehabilitating and constructing new roads in both rural and urban areas of the state. Presently roads in offa are being rehabilitated, and I strongly believe other roads you have mentioned will be treated as well. Well done!

I am finding this hard to believe.This road has been abandoned for over 3yrs.They only come there every year to refill it with sand.Saw the contractors there on Wednesday tho but honestly I'm still looking forward to them refilling it with sand again.What will it cost the government to fix the road permanently?
God bless kwara state.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by olumose001(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
I think OFFA is the headquarters of IBOLO... why say they are igbomina

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by onimcee1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
without the mention of BACITA, write-up incomplete.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by AngelAhnie(f): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
Rapmoney:
No. H is for Hennesy! cool
Your signature is funny, uncle give me bobogrin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State by industrious: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
I did my youth service in GTC PATIGI..

and I enjoyed every minute of that cool place... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dear Lagosians, / Young Shall Grow Bus Rams Into Fuel Tanker On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (pics) / International Wing Of Kano Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.