Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely (46972 Views)

7 Great Ways To Spend ASUU Strike Or Any Holiday Period / List Of Universities Currently Selling Their Pre-degree Forms / Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Butter5ly(m): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2016
It really saddens my heart when i look at the way our education system is being run in this part of the world. most of our higher institutions are currently on strike or closed indefinitely due to one reason or the other, to me corruption has really eaten down the roots of our system, why would our citadel of learning be the bedrock of fund mismanagement and embezzlement, why would a journey of 4 years turn to 6 years. it seems our leaders can't practice what they preach. below are the list of schools I know are currently on strike.
kogi state university
obafemi awolowo university
ladoke akintola university . . .
to name a few, I strongly stand with my fellow students in their struggle. together let's use the social media to raise our voice of discomfort and pain loud for them to hear our cry.
open up out schools and stop wasting our youthful age.
support the trend #reopenourschools

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by PheezyLee(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kudos for this reasonable movement Op, tho this wnt make it tto fp but I support the hashtag!

Spent 7yrs in school as against thenormal 5.5yrs (PD inclusive)

3 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by gabe15(m): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2016
Op AAUA is also on strike

14 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by fratermathy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Niger Delta University, Amassoma!

13 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
They want us to be farmers...after all they dont appreciate the graduates...
#Reopenourschools #reopenKSU

8 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:44pm On Jul 14, 2016
Meanwhile

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by dizzydane(f): 12:14am On Jul 15, 2016
somewhile
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Slimberry1(f): 1:36am On Jul 15, 2016
#reopen_oau

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by mostob(m): 2:03am On Jul 15, 2016
i heard lautech resumes on july 25
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by sammyclassics(m): 2:21am On Jul 15, 2016
Most school take strike as a thing of joy not knowing the students are suffering. #reopenourschools

2 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Biafrarep(m): 5:29am On Jul 15, 2016
Naija is in trouble really

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by herzern(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Niqeria's Public Universities and indefinite strike

34 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by brunofarad(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2016
Change
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by korel9: 6:41am On Jul 15, 2016
This is what you get when the one at the helm of affairs doesn't have a certificate. undecided

Since he doesn't have a certificate who else would? grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by micxwell(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
PheezyLee:
Kudos for this reasonable movement Op, tho this wnt make it tto fp but I support the hashtag!

UNFORTUNATELY, IT DID MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE.............

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by mostyg(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Om

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by emillionaire: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
season Film Festival
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by lionduke(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Lauthec, laspotech, oau are located surprisingly in one region. Region of the sophisticated amala people. Enjoy your change while Zahra and yusuf buhari be graduating from sophisticated schools in London.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by micxwell(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
micxwell:

UNFORTUNATELY, IT DID MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE.............
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Austin4lif: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Is not this bad under Goodluck. However to think of it, how comes only APC states are suffering the most? Is it the law of karma ?

12 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by dynamo77(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria where 4 years actually mean 6 and a half years

Worst part is you are mandated to serve for another one year

Whereas, job is not guaranteed

God bless naija grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by FagsamPHP(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2016
k
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 15, 2016
What are you saying ?
I schooled I Rio
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Whta do you expect from a country were d President av neva sat in a lecture room? Wot do u expect wen d president av nt seen d 4corner of a class rum.

6 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by lonikit: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2016
ekiti state university don join ooo

1 Like

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by TheAdvocate(m): 6:45am On Jul 15, 2016
The Federal College of Education Pankshin in Plateau state which also offers degree programme is on indefinite strike.

NB: Am not a student there but I identify with their plight.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by TheSociopath(m): 6:45am On Jul 15, 2016
Chaee
Re: List Of Universities Currently On Strike Or Closed Indefinitely by lionduke(m): 6:46am On Jul 15, 2016
PheezyLee:

7 years in school and you still type with all this abbreviations. Odikwa risky

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara / Chinese Nursery School Hires Sexy Pole Dancers To Welcome Kids Back To School / Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.