Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Please Make An Impact - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Make An Impact (505 Views)

Master These 3 Processes And Make An Outstanding JAMB Result / How To Make An Impact With Little Or Nothing / Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Make An Impact by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 15, 2016
My name is Turner Andrew; I’m a freelance writer, a podcaster and a self development coach. My ultimate goal is to retune peoples mind to help them see a reason to live, a reason to succeed and why they are unique and equally important in the society/community they find themselves. Recently I decided to work on a project which I tagged “Sponsor a Child” and the purpose why I came up with this initiative idea is because I found that there is a great need to rescue so many children in Africa from the dust of the streets where nothing good is happening, one of the major things that brought about this idea is what I saw one morning that I decided to visit my parents, I saw a girl child with a swollen face and she couldn’t see with her right eye as of the moment due to wrong handling by her guardian who used a wood that looks like a tennis bat to batter her face, I was sad because I saw the lack in the girls life, she wasn’t even opportune to be in school just as her other peers of her same age range, all she does is hawk and do home chores and eat lesser than the children of the woman who is serving as her guardian.
My heart broke because I didn’t have the personal capacity to sponsor this beautiful young girl to school in order for her to achieve her dreams, but ever since then I have always done my best and contributed my quota to help any child I meet on the streets of Africa, (Ghana, Nigeria, Gabon, etc..) to ensure I support them the little way I can. But achieving great heights requires collective work and requires resources to do so, and I strongly believe we are all humans and deserve equal right and grace to access good education and probably come out as great leaders of tomorrow, the tomorrow which is just few hours, months, or years away. But all these can’t be achieved if we aren’t getting support and freewill donations from like-minded people who have great humanity feelings.
Let me quickly lay some emphasis on how often I hear about rape in our society due to the fact that most parents can’t afford to send their children to school, instead these innocent young girl children are more or less the bread winners of the family! As they are sent to go out and hawk in the streets and end up being rape and brutally mishandled by some heartless men, I personally think its absolute nonsense and it needs to stop, we need to address most of these issues by taking these children off the street and putting them where matters most, where life would make a meaning to them, where they wouldn’t have to question why they were even brought to this world in the first place.
The need for “Sponsor a Child” also came from the news of child kidnapping and killing for evil rituals I see and hear every day on our media platforms and it pains my heart dearly and I am reaching out to everyone and anyone who is SOMEONE in our society at large, be it in u.k, u.s or any country, as long as you have the capability to help, whether socially or most importantly financially and materially. Please come to the aid of these ones who are not or were not privileged like you to have access to sound education and good things of life. Donate to a course today and live a fulfilled life.
Some of our children end up dying in hunger, accidents while sourcing for food for their family even at their young age, am talking about children between 5 to 15 years of age who has never tasted true happiness, am talking about children who are forced to wake up by 4a.m in the morning to go sell in the public garage or under bridges, and sleep as late as 10p.m or 12a.m at nights at their tender age, some of them are even beaten up by merciless street tugs and hoodlums and eventually even steal from them of the little they have.
This is becoming too much and the issue of child maltreating is even worse and growing daily, we need helping hands to support and give shelter to those who need one, and sponsor academics of those who require it, skill acquisition and many more.

Thanks………
Yours sincerely!
Turner Andrew

Re: Please Make An Impact by ibietela2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
K

(1) (Reply)

What Is D Difference Between Fact And Truth? / How Can I Correct My Name / KWARAPOLY Announces Pre-admission Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.