Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Remita Integration - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Remita Integration (4590 Views)

Do Need Paystack Payment Integration / URL For Validation During Remita Integration; How To Set It Up / How To Integrate Remita Payment On Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remita Integration by aknessy(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2016
Hello coders, am currently having an issue on Integrating Remita on a new project am working! Am using CodeIgniter with PHP and I created a library specifically for connecting to Remita for payment processing, while attempting to test run the library using Remita's Test Account, I get this error: "Invalid Request" Response from Remita! I have no idea how to go about solving this issue. I have contacted the Remita support center and even got to chat with one of the developers on skype. I shared my current problem with him and he wanted me to send him the JSON response I got back from REMITA which I did, but I haven't gotten a reply from him yet!! I just want to know what could cause such an error, so I'd know how to go about fixing it! Anyone with such an experience should please share with me, so I can get a better understanding, Please!

1 Like

Re: Remita Integration by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2016
I have not written an integration for remita yet. But this your post shows me that you dont understand how to report a programming problem yet.

Now, I assume remita have a PHP integration code, you are supposed to have written a simple PHP script following their guidelines and see whether that works or not, if you have done that and it works.
The next step is to now create your codigniter library. And if you now have a problem, we will know where the problem is coming from.
You need to be able to analyze clearly and know where your problem is coming from.

But i assume you posted some data to a url via httppost request or something and you are not getting the expected result. Remember that computer technology is GIGO - GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT. So ensure that your input is correct, before you expect a good output.

You can also use the NET console in google chrome, or the NET console in mozilla firebug if it will help you to monitor outgoing requests and their response.

2 Likes

Re: Remita Integration by Chimanet(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
I have done integrations with remita before but was on java, most of the dynamic parameters you have to pass are URL params, things like authtokens, access key etc. Remember before you start any transaction, you need to ask for a token first.

Then you use that token as part of the URL path params in subsequent calls.

Anyway, I have to admit that the way the guys at system specs did that remita rest api, is confusing. Don't know why they decided to do most of the dynamic parameter stuffs as place holders on the URL string.

A simple url with dynamic variables as post body would have been easier to integrate for most developers these days, after all what you still issue is a post request

So bro, make sure the specific url you are trying to access is constructed with the right parameters.

1 Like

Re: Remita Integration by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
I see, that is a kind of 2-factor authentication like doing twitter integration. So you must make two calls, the first is to get token,
the second is to do your request via the token you collected.
Well, if you can provide the JAVA code, I can convert it on the fly to PHP for this dude. Since I am vast in JAVA and PHP.
Re: Remita Integration by Chimanet(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bro, am sorry I don't have the codes. It is a project for an enterprise. You know how it goes.

Moreover, these days I don't give out free codes again, I have learnt my lessons here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Remita Integration by aknessy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
dhtml18:
I have not written an integration for remita yet. But this your post shows me that you dont understand how to report a programming problem yet.

Now, I assume remita have a PHP integration code, you are supposed to have written a simple PHP script following their guidelines and see whether that works or not, if you have done that and it works.
The next step is to now create your codigniter library. And if you now have a problem, we will know where the problem is coming from.
You need to be able to analyze clearly and know where your problem is coming from.

But i assume you posted some data to a url via httppost request or something and you are not getting the expected result. Remember that computer technology is GIGO - GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT. So ensure that your input is correct, before you expect a good output.

You can also use the NET console in google chrome, or the NET console in mozilla firebug if it will help you to monitor outgoing requests and their response.

Well, I just want to appreciate you for your second paragraph, I'll start by creating a small script now to see how everything goes!

1 Like

Re: Remita Integration by mj(m): 11:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
If you are having "Invalid Request" from Remita means one of the expected fields was not sent. Ensure you are sending merchantId, serviceTypeId, orderId, hash, payerName, payerEmail, amt, responseurl.

Samples Codes are available on Remita's Developers site (PHP, .NET, JAVA) - http://remita.net/developers/#sample-codes

All the Best.

1 Like

Re: Remita Integration by guru01(m): 6:29am On Jul 16, 2016
Remita integration is straight forward, their developers are very helpful if you engage them.
Re: Remita Integration by friesam: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am trying to integrate remita on a webpage. I do not know if anyone can help out.
All i have done is have "pay via remita" button. I do not know what next. their integration page .....
Re: Remita Integration by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Most/all the information required are on www.remita.net/developers/

You post does not really tell me anything substantial, are you a coder or a CMS-INSTALLER?
Re: Remita Integration by friesam: 3:46am On Mar 12, 2017
A learning, sorry my terms will make it difficult for you to understand but i will try.

For the second sample code do not know what page its meant to be on. For the remita woocommerce plugin, i am getting an error from php version and child theme.

dhtml18:
Most/all the information required are on www.remita.net/developers/

You post does not really tell me anything substantial, are you a coder or a CMS-INSTALLER?
Re: Remita Integration by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 12, 2017
So it is woocommerce you are using, well I have not integrated with woocommerce before, so i cannot authoritatively say anything about that. But i guess you can contact their developers for assistance (if you have an account with them).
Re: Remita Integration by friesam: 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2017
Yes. Okay i will. Thanks for your help

dhtml18:
So it is woocommerce you are using, well I have not integrated with woocommerce before, so i cannot authoritatively say anything about that. But i guess you can contact their developers for assistance (if you have an account with them).
Re: Remita Integration by Ibowills(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
mj:
If you are having "Invalid Request" from Remita means one of the expected fields was not sent. Ensure you are sending merchantId, serviceTypeId, orderId, hash, payerName, payerEmail, amt, responseurl.

Samples Codes are available on Remita's Developers site (PHP, .NET, JAVA) - http://remita.net/developers/#sample-codes

All the Best.

I have got the sample codes from developer's site, but I do not know where to apply them on my site. Kindly help me with a step by step guide because I am not a programmer and will not afford the huge programming fee they will charge to help me integrate. I do not know which one is URL for Validation. Please help me out.
Re: Remita Integration by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
Invalid Request means exactly what it means either you missing a field. Was there a response code with it
Re: Remita Integration by bipolarMe(m): 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
mj:

All the Best.

A proper error message stating the problem to an extent will really go a long way sha.

(1) (Reply)

Appointment Scheduler In Asp / Financial Modeling With Excel Material Needed / How To Make Simple Animation Videos..tips,tricks & Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.