Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

What Is Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Religion. (1363 Views)

Is Religion Our Main Reason For Being backward in Africa? / Is Religion A Hoax? - Watch the "truth" about The Greatest Story Ever Told / Is Religion A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Religion. by hamas(m): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2006
what is religion?
i think its exergerated superstition, i disagree with all forms or organized religion. i believe in God, though.
what do u think.
Re: What Is Religion. by jagunlabi(m): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2006
I concur.Down with all religions.They are nothing but opium for the human minds. smiley
Re: What Is Religion. by Drusilla(f): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2006
Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Re: What Is Religion. by Horus(m): 10:47am On Mar 26, 2007
Religion's For Drop Outs

People hold on to religion, like a crutch because they can't make it any other way. With religion you stop being responsible for your own actions and blame someone else like God when it's something you like and the Devil when it's something you don't like.
Re: What Is Religion. by Backslider(m): 11:39am On Mar 26, 2007
@horus

Not so,

Religion is a relationship with a higher being.

There is however only one true religion this is the one with Christ The one that created the World and all things.

In TRUE Christianity it is a personal relationship and this is one Where the God of the Christians Dwells no where but in them According to their faith.

There is no other Name where no man shall be saved EXCEPT BY THE NAME OF JESUS. BECAUSE HE IS MAN AND GOD IN FLESH.
This is the love of the father that he sent his Only Begotten son and that whosoever believes in him should not perish but Have everlasting life.

He came to save from sin and death in hell fire.

Recieve him today and be free from hell fire and Sin. If however you don't receive him you Shall die in your sins and your soul will burn in hell for all eternity.

The love of God is powerful it compasses all understanding.

Selah
Re: What Is Religion. by Horus(m): 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2007
Theocracies                                                                                              Christianity is the broad term applied to the doctrines and values which its adherents claim to have originated from pagan sources, and which have been propagated ever since it was first organized in the year 300 AD in Rome. It has always been a great influence on the lives of millions of people all over the world.

Politics as defined in Webster’s New World Dictionary as: factional scheming within a group.

What, you may ask, does politics have to do with Christianity? If you closely examine its history and heroes, you will find facts saying that this fabricated religion is nothing but politics. It has been the vehicle that enables the evil one (Azazl) to pursue and reach his political aims. The proof is that everywhere the doctrine of Christianity has been propagated, its recipients became the subjects of that nation which sponsored the teachers. From that point onward, every facet of their lives was governed by and according to the whims of that nation.

Source: http://factology.com/archive/20051008.htm
Re: What Is Religion. by georgecso(m): 6:28pm On Mar 29, 2007
l love this topic. l find it amazing wjen people say christianity is a religion
Religion is man's way of meeting higher being (GOD)
The big Q is- Are men worthy to meet God? The answer is NO because of our Sinful and rebellious nature.
Anyway out? Yes! Jesus
Re: What Is Religion. by Coleslove: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2007
georgecso:

l love this topic. l find it amazing wjen people say christianity is a religion
Religion is man's way of meeting higher being (GOD)
The big Q is- Are men worthy to meet God? The answer is NO because of our Sinful and rebellious nature.
Anyway out? Yes! Jesus

Religion is a man made idea. That's why it can never be good and full of violence and condemnations. If i have my way i'll erase it and make men free.
Re: What Is Religion. by nferyn(m): 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2007
A monumental waste of time
Re: What Is Religion. by Horus(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2007
Partitioned places of prayers

The churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques are all competing against one another. There are churches who are of the same denomination, in the same town, the same diocese, which mean they have the same beliefs and worship the same God. Yet, they never come together. What is so ironic is that these churchgoers all feel that church is the place for unification and love.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Free Hymn Book App On Your Phone / Akintoba: An Atheist From Nigeria / The Root Of Man Problem... Lack Of Ability To Say SORRY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.