Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria (11096 Views)

Oshodi Market Demolition : Affected Traders Reject Alternative / Naira To Rise Further As Banks Reject Dollars / Listening To Sanusi, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 4:13am On Sep 14, 2009
[quoteWe're reaping the benefits of Sanusi's poorly thought through actions.
The most dramatic effect maybe on fuel importers, and the potential for very long fuel lines very soon.][quote][/quote]

@ naijaking1, are you trying to say that Sanusi should have covered all the bad debts and unethical practises of those affected banks while the rot continued to go deeper and deeper? Maybe you should read about ENRON. its story is quite similar to that of these banks.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:22am On Sep 14, 2009
Naijaking, i am so sure that the firing of the MDs are not just cos they have offered bad loans to the people, however, i am sure it is cos of who they have offered them to, and was there any kick backs?
I can bet with almost anything that there were kick backs inform of brown envelopes, money been stashed in the deep freezer somehow, and like i said, time will tell and we will know more.
So if there were more to the loans, they need to be jailed for bribery.
If they have given just bad loans without collaterals, they needed to be fired and be made to answer for such.
You asked when will i learn? i am already learning by sharing ideas, and reading from people like yourself, cos i never said i know it all.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by ilohim: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2009
I have always said it & will continue to say it:Yaradua had no buiness employing Sanusi Lamido as CBN governor;a man who studied Islamic studies in Sundan, his total banking experience if I am not mistaken is not up to 5 years, yet we have seasoned bankers who have over 30 years experience,they were not good enough;he was the only 'seasoned banker' in the eyes of government,what else were Nigerians expecting?!

Even when people raised the issue of Federal Character, the president shut his ears and brought in their hatchet man to destroy the banking sector in the form of 'selected cleansing', yet worse banks are still standing, eg Unity Bank and the same CBN says the remaining banks are 'sound' what a laff!

Sanusi has ended up eroding public confidence in the whole banking sector,both home & abroad, from all the comments he has been making in various interviews he has granted after his 'selected cleasing',his actions were guided by deep rooted, ethnic,tribal & religious sentiments; afterall, he has also said that Islamic banking is the solution to Nigerias' banking sector problems, when Nigeria is not an Islamic country.

For me he deserves an award: 'The Banking sector destroyer for the Year 2009'.

Kudos, CBN governor, you have done the Northerners proud!
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by GboGboAye: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2009
if i managed a foreign bank, u think i'll acknowledge credit letters from 9ja?
HISSSSssss
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by qblaze(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2009
@adconline,

I think we have divergent views on this matter. However, I appreciate your point of view. We will wait and see how this pans out.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Nezan(m): 10:23am On Sep 14, 2009
There is no need justifying crime in any ramifications. If my son is a robber, Iam fearing to expose him because of my family name not to be dragged in the mud, then I am an accomplice in the crime, Gbam!
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Oluschenco(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2009
Letter of Credit - is it for the rich or poor
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by freezy(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2009
Femi, just to point out a few things. . .

Bank's dont give bad loans. Loans go bad when they do not get repaid as and when due.

The primary duties of any bank is as follows:

Make loans available to those who need them
Act as an intermediary between those with surplus and deficit funds

Lastly, there is no law anywhere that says loans must be collaterized. You are only collaterizing for your own safety.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by magragold(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2009
The cause and effects of mallam economics- when you have career bankers as central bank Governors, this is what you get.

Nigeria is blessed with a continuum of retrogressive polical leadership that fails to know what to do!, its only in backward climes like what we have here that career bankers like the mallam are made CBN Governors instead of high-end economists grin
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2009
Some people still looking for evidence that abounds in this thread before they accept that LCs are being rejected by foreign banks? Wonders!

Probably they find it hard to read other people's posts.

I am still surprised that some people are yet to see anything wrong with the sanusi episode. Haba no matter hoqw much you idolise someone, you do not let that ruin your objectivity. if you cannot condemn his action in public, then accept his mistake in secret and keep quiet (cowardice though).
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
freezy:

Femi, just to point out a few things. . .

Bank's dont give bad loans. Loans go bad when they do not get repaid as and when due.

The primary duties of any bank is as follows:

Make loans available to those who need them
Act as an intermediary between those with surplus and deficit funds

Lastly, there is no law anywhere that says loans must be collaterized. You are only collaterizing for your own safety.

I love it when someone talk civilized without yabbing or cursing.
Here is my take.
Every bank in Nigeria gives Collaterized, depending on who they are dealing with.
Like you said, they do so against safety, so tell me, how could someone approve billions of Naira without such safety, how come someone allow someone to take such loan and yet do nothing to recover such loans till the banking watchdog was breathing down their necks?
How come they never look into the history of this people before giving such a loan?
Dangote was inducted into the list if richest people in the world by forbe, and never occour to the bank that gave him loans to ask him for the loan?
How long will it take for a loan to go bad till the bank ask them to do something about it?
Now with all these, does the head of such banks that signed on the dotted line of such application knows what they are doing and doing what is to be the best interest of those banks?
Will the fall of those banks affects the economy of Nigeria?
Now if that is the case, why should the CBN stood by and just watch it all go down.

I cant dispute that Sanusi has another agenda, and i cant say it it true or false, cos i am not in his head and i am yet to see any memo in regards to that.

Sanusi study Islamic Religion in Saudi, and now he is the head of CBN, why are we now complaining, i remember it was on Career section that someone was arguing with me that it is not what a man study that matters, and it shd be how the man can do the job, so the kinda monster idea that Nigeria has given birth to, is what we need to let it grow.
I am never in support of someone studying something and work as another without formal training.
So if we can allow the southerners and the \yorubas to study english and be a banker, then, same law should apply to the notherners that study Islamic religion.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I love it when someone talk civilized without yabbing or cursing.
Here is my take.
Every bank in Nigeria gives Collaterized, depending on who they are dealing with.
Like you said, they do so against safety, so tell me, how could someone approve billions of Naira without such safety, how come someone allow someone to take such loan and yet do nothing to recover such loans till the banking watchdog was breathing down their necks?

Can you also tell me why the CBN pumped 420billion into a private company without legislation that will enable the recovery? It is neither an equity as he denied he is nationalising the banks nor a loan.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
agabaI23:

Can you also tell me why the CBN pumped 420billion into a private company without legislation that will enable the recovery? It is neither an equity as he denied he is nationalising the banks nor a loan.

On that particular one, he failed flat and made a booboo.
I never said Sanusi is the best for the job, but i support him firing those fools at the helm of affairs in those banks.
I just support is getting rid of them.
Am i in support of him giving 420B to the banks? not at all, cos i think the problem was as bad as to need such money, nor good enuf without a plan on how to recover the money.
So as far as i am concerned, Sanusi shd be fired too soon, cos he has given a bad loan.

But at the end of all these exercise, we will have better banks and Sanusi will be gone.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Bialegend(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2009
Adconline
What's the geographical spread of Citibank in Nigeria? I was told by a Citibank banker that they ve got no individual banking service in Nigeria. I think they are only for institutional bankers, big conglomorates, govts and investors as a  conduit for capital flight

What's the geographic spread of Standard Chartered Bank in Nigeria as well?  They all have limited penetration into the Nigerian formal sector. These two banks as mentioned represent 8.3% of the banks in Nigeria and Chartered bank has branch locations in only 6 states  out of 36 states including FCT, so their market coverage is  very limited. I am yet to find a Citi location in Nigeria besides their huge edifice by American Embassy in Nigeria.  Also your assertion seems  to imply that Citibank is solid, it was bailed out by US govt and it's share sold for less a dollar , so an investor in Nigeria who held Guiness and Nestle shares   was worth more money than an investor who held citibank stocks.
Ol'boy, you are making too much sense for any awusa person, talkless of that daft qouranblaze or whatever he calls himself. For that idiot to open his stinking quaranic mouth to insinuate that citibank and standard chartered bank has enough marker share in nigeria is an expose of his bokoharam mentality. That is say anything and do anything to protect his almajiri people's hold on power.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by naijaking1: 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Naijaking, i am so sure that the firing of the MDs are not just cos they have offered bad loans to the people, however, i am sure it is cos of who they have offered them to, and was there any kick backs?
I can bet with almost anything that there were kick backs inform of brown envelopes, money been stashed in the deep freezer somehow, and like i said, time will tell and we will know more.
So if there were more to the loans, they need to be jailed for bribery.
If they have given just bad loans without collaterals, they needed to be fired and be made to answer for such.
You asked when will i learn? i am already learning by sharing ideas, and reading from people like yourself, cos i never said i know it all.
So they not only gave out bad loans, but they also collected kick-backs? Now, that's a serious allegation(assuming bribery and kick-backs are new in Nigeria), however, these allegations have not been proved, the accused are jailed, because the accuser is acting as both the judge and prosecutor.

I support jailing people for bribery, but the problem with this case is that it was not even the reason for jailing them in the first place. So, are we going to change the reason for jailing them anything we like? That's unfair, and it should be condenmed by everybody.

The CBN governor could have fired those CEOs through the board of directors, he didn't have to sack them, jail them, jail their directors, inject govenemnt money, and look for buyers all in one stupid swoop. That's where he looses points.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by princekevo(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
qblaze:

First of all, there is no evidence that foreign banks have rejected LCs. Even if they have, it will not affect banks that have passed the stress test. In case you do not know, some of these banks are going to the market very soon to increase their capital base through bonds.

I doubt if they will have such problems when it is obvious that they can withstand external and internal shocks.

An LC does not have to be a credit facility. If you are a businessman and your bank can no longer support your business, simply move your account to another bank.

BTW, I find that snide "normal naija" remark very distasteful. Do not use it again when you are referring to me.

I think you are not more than one of those Nigerian who jst depends on the facts you read on the internet.
We are talking abt reality and you are asking for evidence, Which other evidence do u need,  that i could walk into a bank i have banked with for more than two years and ask them 2 transfer an LC to Nigeria, was supprised at the answer i got 'Sorry sir we can never transfer our LC to any Bank in Nigeria'.
There was no exception to any bank in Nigeria. The same bank that transfered an LC  for us last year to Equitorial trust bank Nigeria.
You cant imagine how disappointing that could be to an ordinary Nigerian like me. So am not suprised that foreing banks are rejecting Nigerian LC.
The same Nigerian LC a Chinese man told me  last year was one of the most authentic LC in the world, and  i was so proud of such statement, jst in one year we are getting another story,
Is Nigeria going foward or backward?

It seems you guyz does not know the gravity of the effect this is causing at the outside world.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by kazman7(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2009
please note that sanusi studied ECONOMICS in nigeria before he went for islamic studies abroad
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by agabaI23(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2009
qblaze
Please see one evidence from princekevo's post if you cannot see the one narrated in daily independent above.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by jacobs123(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
ilohim:

I have always said it & will continue to say it:Yaradua had no buiness employing Sanusi Lamido as CBN governor;a man who studied Islamic studies in Sundan, his total banking experience if I am not mistaken is not up to 5 years, yet we have seasoned bankers who have over 30 years experience,they were not good enough;he was the only 'seasoned banker' in the eyes of government,what else were Nigerians expecting?!
Even when people raised the issue of Federal Character, the president shut his ears and brought in their hatchet man to destroy the banking sector in the form of 'selected cleansing', yet worse banks are still standing, eg Unity Bank and the same CBN says the remaining banks are 'sound' what a laff!

Sanusi has ended up eroding public confidence in the whole banking sector,both home & abroad, from all the comments he has been making in various interviews he has granted after his 'selected cleasing',his actions were guided by deep rooted, ethnic,tribal & religious sentiments; afterall, he has also said that Islamic banking is the solution to Nigerias' banking sector problems, when Nigeria is not an Islamic country.

For me he deserves an award: 'The Banking sector destroyer for the Year 2009'.

Kudos, CBN governor, you have done the Northerners proud!

if i'm not mistaken,Sanusi definitely has more than 5 years banking experience. Please who are the seasoned bankers with over 30 years experience that you talked about? I hope it includes Erastus Akingbola, Joseph Sanusi, Otunba Subomi.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
jacobs123:

if i'm not mistaken,Sanusi definitely has more than 5 years banking experience. Please who are the seasoned bankers with over 30 years experience that you talked about? I hope it includes Erastus Akingbola, Joseph Sanusi, Otunba Subomi.

Good question, and i will be back here to read the response.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by naijaking1: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Good question, and i will be back here to read the response.

If you're surprised that sanusi is not an experienced banker, then you ought to be surprised that Yar'dua is from Katsina.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2009
naijaking1:

If you're surprised that sanusi is not an experienced banker, then you ought to be surprised that Yar'dua is from Katsina.

Please dont send worms into my computer, cos that name Yar'Adua is like a worm.
BTW, i dont keep track the list of the bankers in Nigeria till this started, and i will start to keep track now, and be sure to know who is who in the banking industry.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by naijaking1: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Please dont send worms into my computer, cos that name Yar'Adua is like a worm.
BTW, i dont keep track the list of the bankers in Nigeria till this started, and i will start to keep track now, and be sure to know who is who in the banking industry.

Ok, Femi, no more jokes, the point is that banking like any profession depends on lots of hands-on experience. A lawyer, doctor, accountant, or engineer with 5 years experience is no match for one with 30-years experience, no matter whether he's from from Katsina, Kano, or even Kaduna.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by 3doorsdown: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ back2back & Naijaking

What should Sanusi have done, close his eyes while unqualified people with connections get billions of naira in non-performing loans without adequate security. Meanwhile, legitimate small businesses which are the economic engine room for growth of any advanced economy are denied loans for growth just b/cos they arent connected to the bank md. Thanks but not thanks. If you want to build a house, make sure your foundation is SOLID, no matter what it takes, else you'll not live in that house very long. Let us swallow the bitter pill now and get it right for OUR future. This will also serve as an eye-opener to other bank mds to clean up their acts and fly straight. I'm 3doorsdown, I approved this message.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by naijatoday: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

On that particular one, he failed flat and made a booboo.
I never said Sanusi is the best for the job, but i support him firing those fools at the helm of affairs in those banks.
I just support is getting rid of them.
Am i in support of him giving 420B to the banks? not at all, cos i think the problem was as bad as to need such money, nor good enuf without a plan on how to recover the money.
So as far as i am concerned, Sanusi shd be fired too soon, cos he has given a bad loan.

But at the end of all these exercise, we will have better banks and Sanusi will be gone.

He did not need the National Assembly's approval to give out loans to the banks, that is one of the CBN's functions.

People keep using the U.S going to Congress to ask for money, but it is totally different. In the U.S the U.S treasury went to the Congress to ask for permission to borrow money from the Federal Reserve to buy shares or equity of the banks and other companies.

In Nigeria, it would have needed national assembly approval if the Ministry of Finance is the one that wanted to buy shares of bank and other institutions.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by naijaking1: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
3doorsdown:

@ back2back & Naijaking

What should Sanisi have done, close his eyes while unqualified people with connections get billions of naira in non-performing loans without adequate security. Meanwhile, legitimate small businesses which are the economic engine room for growth of any advanced economy are denied loans for growth just b/cos they arent connected to the bank md. Thanks but not thanks. If you want to build a house, make sure your foundation is SOLID, no matter what it takes, else you'll not live in that house very long. Let us swallow the bitter pill now and get it right for OUR future. This will also serve as an eye-opener to other bank mds to clean up their acts and fly straight. I'm 3doorsdown, I approved this message.

Thanks for that question, like I said earlier, risk management is only one aspect of banking, there are other departments--equally important. This is where Sanusi's lack of experience and sophistication as a banker comes in. He could have gone after the CEOs in a way that doesn't give them any excuses, if he had really wanted to clean the system. Right now, he's playing to the gallery.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by qblaze(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
Princekevo claims to stay in Macau and that banks in his neighbourhood have refused to transfer LCs to Nigeria.

Here's a list of some of the licensed banks in Macau.

Tai Fung Bank Limited - Banco Tai Fung, S.A.R.L.
Wing Hang Bank Limited - Banco Weng Hang, S.A.
Banco Delta Asia Limited - Banco Delta Ásia, S.A.R.L.
China Construction Bank (Macau) Corporation Limited - Banco de Construcao da China (Macau), S.A.
Seng Heng Bank Limited - Banco Seng Heng, S.A.
Luso International Banking Limited - Banco Luso Internacional, S.A.
Banco Comercial de Macau, S.A. - Banco Comercial de Macau, S.A.
The Macau Chinese Bank Ltd. - Banco Chinês de Macau, S.A.
Banco Espírito Santo Asia Limited - Banco Espirito Santo do Oriente, S.A.
Banco Nacional Ultramarino, S.A. - Banco Nacional Ultramarino, S.A.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited - The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited - DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
Bank of China Limited - Bank of China Limited
BNP Paribas - BNP Paribas
Citibank, N.A. - Citibank, N.A.
Standard Chartered Bank - Standard Chartered Bank

Guangdong Development Bank Co., Ltd. - Banco de Desenvolvimento de Cantão, S.A.
Bank SinoPac Company Limited - Banco SinoPac company Limited
Chong Hing Bank Limited - Chong Hing Bank Limited
The Bank of East Asia Limited - Banco da East Asia, Limitada[b]
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited - Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited[/b]
Hang Seng Bank Limited - Hang Seng Bank Limited
CITIC Ka Wah Bank Limited - CITIC Ka Wah Bank Limited
Banco Comercial Português, S.A. - Banco Comercial Português, S.A.
Banco BPI, S.A. - Sucursal Offshore de Macau - Banco BPI, S.A. - Sucursal Offshore de Macau
Caixa Geral de Depósitos - Subsidiária Offshore de Macau, S.A. - Caixa Geral de Depósitos - Subsidiária Offshore de Macau, S.A.

Which one of them refused to transfer your LC?
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
Nigerians are so silly. We hail anything that appears "action" oriented. James Bond?

Sanusi's actions were not only rash and stupid, but they will also have disastrous effects on the banking industry.

As a Regulator, he is doing great harm to the Nigerian Banking Sector, and has shown shocking immaturity and ignorance.

The 420 Billion Cop-Out is the most blatant illegality in the history of Banking in Nigeria. Printing money and then injecting such public funds into private enterprises, without a legislative imprimatur.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by 3doorsdown: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
naijaking1:

Thanks for that question, like I said earlier, risk management is only one aspect of banking, there are other departments--equally important. This is where Sanusi's lack of experience and sophistication as a banker comes in. He could have gone after the CEOs in a way that doesn't give them any excuses, if he had really wanted to clean the system. Right now, he's playing to the gallery.

@Naijaking

And thank you for your civil response, unlike some posts I see on NL which usually starts out with name calling and all sorts which has no bearing in any intellectual discuss.

You said and I quote "This is where Sanusi's lack of experience and sophistication as a banker comes in", this statement begs the question. Sanusi was the md of First Bank, a highly respected bank in Africa and beyond, his bank (first bank) did not becloud its balance sheet with toxic assets. Sanusi was appointed Governor of CBN and confirmed by the senate. He must then have some experience and sophistication in banking. 

You said, and I quote "He could have gone after the CEOs in a way that doesn't give them any excuses, if he had really wanted to clean the system", but you did not expantiate on how exactly he should have done this. The arrested bank mds will always come up with excuses albeit manufactured and lacking in common sense, thats just human nature. And if Sanusi is not interested in cleaning up the system as your statement suggests, please kindly clue me/us in on what his real intentions are.

You said, and I quote "he's playing to the gallery", fact is, when Sanusi was appointed, before he even went for confirmation, he dissagreed with the President's 7 point agenda and posited that we should cut it down to 3 point agenda and focus on the 3 which'll be achieveable this year and then we'll continue piecemeal next year to be more realistic and efficient, most other Nigerians would have knelt down to lick the President's shoes and agree with any and everything the President says. Sanusi also went to the Senate committee on banking/finance to educate/explain to them why he did what he did, and the enabling law that allowed him that much power. The senators were not very pleased with him (but this is a story for another day). So then, which gallery do you suppose he's playing to.

Please enlighten me more on these issues. Thanks again.
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by 3doorsdown: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
Deep Sight:

Nigerians are so silly. We hail anything that appears "action" oriented. James Bond?

Sanusi's actions were not only rash and stupid, but they will also have disastrous effects on the banking industry.

As a Regulator, he is doing great harm to the Nigerian Banking Sector, and has shown shocking immaturity and ignorance.

The 420 Billion Cop-Out is the most blatant illegality in the history of Banking in Nigeria. Printing money and then injecting such public funds into private enterprises, without a legislative imprimatur.

@Deep Sight

Your own doesnt even make any sense, I tried soooo hard to no avail to make sense of your immature unsubstantiated ramblings. Methinks you're using substances that perhaps you should stay away from. Come back after your obvious hang-over lets see if you have something to discuss, but please stay off those substances cos "a mind is a terrible thing to waste".
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ 3doorsdown: Y not just react to the post instead of just being silly.Which one of the comments by Deep sight dont u understand?
Dem say sanusi was hasty and rash in his actions
Dem say the man printed naira without legislative approval,i think u said he was right abi ?
And finally he will end up destroying the banking industry with his actions .
Well my own take is dis,Nigeria will still rule this world whether u like it or not,but that time sha, oda countries would ve let us for oda planets grin
Re: Thanks To Sanusi: Foreign Banks Reject Letters Of Credit From Nigeria by 3doorsdown: 11:54pm On Sep 14, 2009
tunde300us:

@ 3doorsdown: Y not just react to the post instead of just being silly.Which one of the comments by Deep sight dont u understand?
Dem say sanusi was hasty and rash in his actions
Dem say the man printed naira without legislative approval,i think u said he was right abi ?
And finally he will end up destroying the banking industry with his actions .
Well my own take is dis,Nigeria will still rule this world whether u like it or not,but that time sha, oda countries would ve let us for oda planets grin

@Tunde300us aka Deep Sight.
Ordinarily I'll just ignore your uncalled for post, but perhaps you'll gain something from this, lets see.
You stated thus; "dem say sanusi was hasty and rash in his actions, dem say the man printed naira without legislative approval , " etc. Can you objectively and factually explain all these your 'dem say this and that'. If you can accomplish this, I'll then be convinced that you'll understand it if I take the time to explain it to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TECNO Mobile To Set Up Assembly Plant In Nigeria / Cargo From US To Nigeria (Jos, Abuja) / Petrolex Plans $3.6bn Oil Refinery For Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.