Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 (1172 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/18 / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. 17/07/2017) No Shaking! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by dallyemmy: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..

DATE: SUNDAY 17TH JULY 2016

THEME: SEPARATED UNTO THE LORD

Memorise:

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48

Read: Genesis 17:1-7

17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

17:3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying.

17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

God Almighty does not hide His feelings about how we must relate with Him; He wants us to be totally His. The Bible says: "Thou shall have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3). There should be nothing standing between us and our God neither should there be anything taking His place in our lives. The only way we can convince Him of the fact that we are totally His is when we are completely separated unto Him; when nothing/no one else can lay claim on our lives.
In our Bible reading for today, God asked Abraham to walk before Him and be perfect. In other words, God was telling His friend, Abraham that He needed more of his devotion, commitment and consecration. This is what God demands from all men, particularly His children. To be separated unto the Lord is to be separated from this world of sin. The Bible says:
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."
Romas 12:1-2

This should be a very pleasant development for those who have suffered from the tyrant Lucifer. The entanglement with this world is enslaving and deadly but the unfortunate thing about this is that the victim may not realise it. Worldliness is a subtle taskmaster that must be avoided by all the children of God. The "twin sisters" whose names are godliness and contentment are the answers to the challenge of worldliness that brings serious entanglement upon Children of God. Our Lord Jesus Christ said:
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew 6:24

We must separate ourselves from material things of this world if we will please our God. The Bible says:
"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 1 Timothy 6:9-10

Therefore, it is not profitable for us to allow this to take our lives away from our Maker. Let us acknowledge the primacy of the original Royalty, the God of the Heavens and the Earth. May our services be acceptable to Him from today in Jesus' name.

Action Point :

Determine to be separated unto your God afresh today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 2 Corinthians 1:1-5:11 and Psalms 12

AUTHOR: Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by dallyemmy: 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (SUNDAY 17 JULY 2016) - SEPARATED UNTO THE LORD

1.Thank you Father for sending your word to me and given me another chance to be separated unto you in Jesus name

2.Father, please have mercy and forgive all sins that have brought separation between me and You in Jesus name

3. Father, give me the grace to be totally yours from today in Jesus name

4. Lord, take away anything that is taking your place in my life today in Jesus name

5. Father, deliver me today from every association or anyone that has drew me away from you In Jesus name

6. Father, bless me with the riches that will give honour to your name alone in Jesus name

7. Father, give me more grace to be committed to your work and please you in all my ways in Jesus name

8. Father, As I give more commitment to you and your work today give me testimonies to this effect as you did to Abraham in Jesus name

9. Lord, do not forsake me in all the journey of my life in Jesus name.

10. Father, let my services be acceptable before You today in Jesus name

11. Father, let my commitment and devotion to you and your work bring more souls to your Kingdom in Jesus name

12. Father, grant unto our leaders the grace to seek you in all their ways in Jesus name

13.Lord, You are a perfect God, grant unto me the grace to walk and be perfect in your sight in Jesus name

14.Your Personal petitions. ( Phil 4:6)
15In Jesus' name I pray.
(Jn 14:13-14; 15:16)
16.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thes 5:18).
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
Home » Open Heavens » ASSURANCE OF BREAKTHROUGH – Wednesday July 27th 2016
ASSURANCE OF BREAKTHROUGH – Wednesday July 27th 2016Posted in Open Heavens By Christian Man On

OPEN HEAVENS
ASSURANCE OF BREAKTHROUGH – Wednesday July 27th 2016
Memorise: Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways. Job 22:28

Read: 1st Samuel 30:6-8, (KJV)

6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech’s son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.

8 And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.

Bible in one year: 1st Thessalonians 5, 2nd Thessalonians 3, Psalms 20

open heavens

Breakthroughs are of the Lord. The earlier the children of God understand this fact, the better for them. People look around for breakthroughs as if their power will bring it to pass. It is pardonable for unbelievers but it is not acceptable to professed children of God who know what the scripture says about breakthroughs.

“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, this is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.” Zechariah 4:7

This is one of the reasons why we know that our tomorrow shall be alright. I discovered this a long time ago and the words “my tomorrow shall be alright” became our anthem in the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Not because I know how to go about things, but because I discovered that the breakthrough of a man has already been established before his creation. For example, it was not man that forced light to come, neither was it man that created the animal kingdom over which he was made king. Why should I worry about how God will bring about my breakthrough? My breakthrough is settled in Christ.

Divine guidance is the secret of breaking through obstacles and challenges of life. In our Bible reading for today, we read about the secret of the victory David had at the raid of Ziglag. After David has wept for his loss, he gathered himself together and asked God if pursuing the troops that invaded him would be a profitable one. To receive unfailing breakthrough, asking God for divine guidance is inevitable.

Moreover, a prayer of decree can guarantee assurance of breakthrough according to today’s Memory verse

“Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.”

Our Lord Jesus Christ assured us of breakthroughs against all obstacles that the enemies may try to bring our way:

“…. Verily I say unto you, if ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.”Matthew 21:21

Beloved, the Almighty God is the Source of all human breakthroughs. Therefore, bring yourself to the favour of your Maker today and you will experience the breakthrough of your dreams. (27 July 2016 open heavens)

Prayer Point

Father, please remove all obstacles in my way to breakthrough and cause me to excel in Jesus’ name.

source: http://www.openhavensdaily.com
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Thursday July 28th 2016 – THOU SHALT NOT COVET
Memorise: But fornications, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Ephesians 5:3

Read: Ephesians 5:3-7, (KJV)

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Bible in one year: 1st Timothy 1-6, Psalms 21

open heavens

Today, we will examine one of the Ten Commandments; covetousness. The sin of covetousness is a cluster of many sins that sets man against his Maker. Upon the sin of covetousness hangs many other sins like stealing, sexual immorality and murder, hence the law:

“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neigbour’s.” Exodus 20:17

David, a God-fearing soldier, king and prophet fell because of covetousness. He coveted Bathsheba, his soldier’s wife; and went from one form of sin to another. Covetousness led him to adultery and adultery led him to a murderous act. When someone is caught in the sin of covetousness in the area of alcohol, he gets drunk and what next? Foolish taking and jesting that are not convenient become inevitable. The Bible says:

“Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.” Proverbs 23:31-33

Coveting your neighbour’s possession can lead to murder. The reason for this is that when someone covets his neighbour’s estate, and is unable to get it, he may resolve to kill the rightful owner to have it. This was the case in Ahab and Naboth’s story (1st Kings 21:1-16). Ahab organised a feast where Naboth should be framed up and killed by the scheme of his wife, Jezebel. Immediately the plan was hatched, the Lord sent His prophet to go and deliver His judgement upon Ahab. It was a judgement of vengeance.

“… Thus saith the LORD, Hast thou killed, and also taken possession? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.” 1st Kings 21:19

Beloved, let us beware of the sin of covetousness as Jesus warned in Luke 12:15-20. The man in that story was boasting about what he possessed but that same night God required his soul from him. Our Lord then asked who those things he had acquired shall be for. Think about it and you will discover that covetousness is not worth it after all. (28 July 2016 open heavens)

Action Point

Think of those things that entice you to acts of covetousness, pray and avoid being possessed by them.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Open Heavens July 31st 2016: Sunday daily devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye – DIVINE BACKING

Memorise: There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Joshua 1:5
Read: Joshua 1:1-7, (KJV)
1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying,
2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
Bible in one year: Hebrews 1:1-5:9, Psalms 23
open heavens

Divine backing is the support you receive supernaturally from the Almighty God. Without divine backing, hardly can any man succeed in life. This is because demonic activities in the world are out to frustrate mankind. The Bible says:

“Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhibiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” Revelation 12:12
In the memory verse for today, God encouraged Joshua to take up the spiritual mandate of leading His people to the Promised Land. Joshua was assured of divine backing when the Lord said:
“There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee; I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Joshua 1:5
God repeatedly encouraged Joshua to be courageous. No wonder he did great exploits in the Name of the Lord. When David faced Goliath, it was divine backing that saw him through the fight against the experienced giant. In response to the giant’s curses, David said:
“This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.” 1st Samuel 17:46
David, prior to this time had been enjoying divine backing. It was this divine backing that enabled him to kill a lion and a bear that wanted to steal his father’s livestock. Beloved, you too will enjoy divine backing if you surrender your life to Jesus Christ today. Even as a believer, for you to enjoy divine backing, particularly in the ministry, you need to be broken and live in obedience of the Word of God. Jesus said:
“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” John 15:16
Jesus chose you to win souls to His Kingdom and He promised to back you up by providing everything you request for. May the Lord give you supernatural support and the backing you need to succeed in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Point

Father, please support me in all I do in Jesus’ name.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Open Heavens July 30th 2016 : Saturday daily devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye – CHILD OF DESTINY

Memorise: And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee. Jeremiah 1:19
Read: Jeremiah 1:4-8, (KJV)
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
Bible in one year: Titus 1-3, Philemon 1, Psalms 22:22-31
open heavens

According to Psalms 115:3, destiny has its origin in the sovereignty of God. It is also the plan that God had for you before creating you. It is what God says about your future. In other words, God had a purpose for your life, long before you were born. Joseph was a typical child of destiny. His brothers fought aggressively against his destiny. One good thing about destiny is that, your destiny, being the counsel of God for you, shall stand forever (Genesis 37:18-28). Joseph started his life experiences with the first and second dreams which set him at variance with his brothers and parents. The fulfilment of his destiny took him through Portiphar’s house, the prison and eventually the palace of the Egyptians.

In the text for today, the Word of the Lord came to Jeremiah announcing his destiny to him. Jeremiah had been separated right from his mother’s womb to be a prophet. At times, we behave foolishly by arguing with God on why He called us; a call that is the reason for which we were born. More often than not, God’s plan for mankind does not appeal to the rational man, though it is the best for us.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
It is very important for us to embrace the truth in the above scripture. When we do, we shall not be guilty of spiritual insubordination. Jeremiah ignorantly argued:
“Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak for I am a child.” Jeremiah 1:6
God called Moses to go and perform a task in Egypt but he was giving excuses of not being an eloquent speaker. Beloved, I want you to get something settled in your mind today; God does not call the qualified but qualifies the called so that He can take full glory for the success of the called.
The Lord said to Jeremiah
“Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.” Jeremiah 1:7
The Lord further encouraged him not to be afraid of the faces of those He was sending him to. This is a lesson for those of us who are too scared to deliver God’s message in our places of work, school, community etc. The spirit of God will always give us something of eternal value to tell His people. God has destined you to be unique; it is left for you to allow Him to fulfil His purpose for your life. May the Lord fulfil your destiny gloriously in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Point

Father, please help me to fulfil my destiny in Jesus’ name.

http://www.openhavensdaily.com

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 12:25am On Aug 03, 2016
BELIEVING LIES? – Thursday August 4th 2016
Memorise: Deliver my soul, Oh Lord, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue. Psalms 120:2

Read: 1st Timothy 4:1-6, (KJV)

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

Bible in one year: James 1-5, Psalms 27

open heavens

There are many heresies spreading around us today, unfortunately, there are lots of people believing them. This is why true ministers of the gospel cannot just fold their hands. They have to make efforts to counter the bad philosophies around with the absolute truth of God’s Word. There is no better time for us to be aware and guard ourselves from being led astray by these erroneous teachings. The Bible warns us that if not careful even the very elect will deviate from the truth and follow after the deceptions of devious men, who, by the way, are skillful in leading men astray. Some of these teachers are popular and some of them are widely sought after; but be not deceived, the Word and Truth of God is greater than the personal profile of any minister. There are wolves in sheep’s clothing in the church today (Matthew 7:15-20). They teach one thing and practice another.

They appear to be speaking the truth but they are living in error. When they talk, their words are very smooth and there is no error in their presentations. They make a lot of noise but they lack depth. If you watch closely, you will see that their conduct is contrary to the principles of godly living. They come with all sorts of theologies that have no bearing with the Word of God. They justify unholy living with the illusion that it is impossible for anyone to live holy. They explain away the truth of God’s Word just to make sinners comfortable in their sins. There is no rebuke, no reprove and no correction in their theology. They preach so much about the place of grace and give so much motivation about people’s freewill and liberty, forgetting that the Christian calling is not a call to lawlessness. They preach against the validity of the 10 commandments in the era of grace. Some teach that once saved you are forever saved and there is no need to work out your salvation with fear and trembling as the Bible says in Philippians 2:12. Some ask why you need to fast at all, since Jesus said it is finished.

As a genuine minister and disciple of Jesus, there is the need for you to teach your members to be aware of these wrong teachings. The fact that many people listen to them do not mean they are approved of God. They are liars. You need to caution those in your church concerning heretic teachings that deny the fundamental principles of Christianity. Don’t allow your members to stray away from the truth. Expose them to the truth of God’s Word very often so that they can stand against the lies of the devil. Some churches have become mere social and entertainment centres where members only gather of fantasies and entertainment purposes. You cannot see them leading salvation prayers or asking lost souls to come to the altar to forsake their sins. Many people do not want to hear the truth of God’s Word and that is why the church is saturated today with many false and fake ministers. How can you be comfortable in a church where the pastor has two wives? What will you expect such pastors to tell their members? Some members prefer to run from one prophet to another who will ‘see things’ for them and deceive them that God has spoken when God has said nothing. They are looking for prophetic declarations from ‘great men of God’ even when they don’t know the spirit behind such declarations.

Action Point

Beware of wolves in sheep clothing.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2016
Open Heavens August 5 2016: Friday daily devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye – STOLEN BREAD?

Memorise: Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; But afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel. Proverbs 20:17

Read: Ephesians 4:28, (KJV)

28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Bible in one year: 1st Peter 1-4, Psalms 28

open heavens

We live in a time when the nature of man is so selfish that all he does is think about himself continually. How much can I get? What do I have at stake? Of what interest will this be to me? This is why you see people transforming the resources meant for an entire nation into their private coffers. They are happy to collect the contract amount given for the construction of public roads only to complete such roads on paper alone. The better ones among them do a bad job and pocket the rest despite inflating the cost of completion. After all, they will not drive on such roads. When the Judgement of God comes upon those who do this, their ends are always terrible. Some of them use such monies to train their children in the best schools available and such children end up killing them. Some of them use such money to build estates and such estates become desolate in the future. Open Heavens 5 August 2016: – Stolen Bread?

Lazy people look for any excuse not to work. They want cheap money. They want to live in luxury without paying the price. This is why you see a lot of value being eroded in the social system today. People are no longer ready to task their minds. Some people sit with their computers the whole day, looking for people to defraud. How do you think you can have an enduring blessing through such means? There are some market women who use unequal weights in the scale to measure what they sell to unsuspecting customers. If you do this, it is to your own peril. Such people will never be blessed by God. Some are involved in fraudulent business practices, exploiting others for their own gain. They think they are making it at the moment, but the truth is that such gains bring much sorrow. Lazy people who do not work will end in poverty because they lack understanding. Those who are sleeping when they should be working will end up serving those who are industrious.

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” Galatians 6:7

As long as you choose to remain lazy, you will never encounter a divine touch, because God himself is hard working. One of the great virtues that fathers can leave for their children is a heritage of integrity. There is only one path to true increase and that is gathering wealth by honest means. It may take a longer time than you expected, but you can be sure that at the end, you will have peace of mind. There are things money cannot buy. Money cannot buy happiness and joy and this is why you need to understand that there is no need to play smart. The little you earn from what you do legitimately will attract the blessing of God, as opposed to those who earn millions by fraudulent means. The scripture says;

“Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich” Proverbs 28:6

Don’t envy sinners who are prosperious. It is foolishness to do so because you can easily tell what their end will be.

“Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase”, Proverbs 13:11

Those who gather wealth unjustly are doing so in readiness for devourers. They will never be able to explain how they spend such money.

Key Point

Whatever you get non-legitimately cannot last.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/07/16 by googlelove: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Open Heavens 6th 2016: August daily devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye – THE POWER OF TESTIMONY

Memorise: And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelations 12:11

Read: 1st Samuel 17:32-37, (KJV)

32 And David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine.

33 And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.

34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:

35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.

36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

37 David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.

Bible in one year: 1st Peter 5, 2 Peter 1-3, Psalms 29

open heavens

Testimonies are assets in prayers that authenticate the reality of what God will do in your life. The power of testimonies put you above your problems and destroys all lies and deceits of the devil concerning all that the Almighty God has promised you.

“Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage forever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart”Psalms 119:111

Those who give testimonies of what God does in their lives are committing God into sustaining what He has done. It is through the power of your testimony that your miracle becomes permanent. I decree that the Almighty God will do something great in your life that can never be hidden in Jesus’ name.

You need faith to receive all that God has promised, and one of the ways to bring those promises to fulfilment is by testifying of the goodness of the Lord. It is by faith that you receive boldness to come before the presence of the Almighty God to access your rightful blessings. All those who have done great things are people who are given to testifying of the deeds of God in their lives so that others can also ‘key’ into their encounters. David defeated Goliath before the physical battle by the word of testimony. He knew that by his experience and age, he was not fit enough to confront Goliath in a physical battle. Goliath cursed him, and he also cursed Goliath by the name of his God and that same God gave him the victory he testified about. When you come face to face with situations and circumstances that are beyond you, remember that there is a God that will never leave you nor forsake you. All you need to do is believe His plans for you and live it while waiting for it to come to pass. When battles rise against you, remind God of all His acts in your life and in the lives of others before now. You can be sure that He can repeat in your life whatever He has done for someone. If your medical report is not favourable, remember there is a God who has over turned the medical report of more critical situations and believe that yours will not be impossible for Him to do. When you remind God of all that He has done in the past, you are invoking His faithfulness and compelling Him to reproduce the act.

The people that know their God shall be strong and they shall do exploits. With the power of testimony, it becomes very easy to do great exploits. All you have to do is to know the God you serve. David knew the God he was serving. Daniel knew the God he was serving. Elijah knew the God he was serving. Esther knew the God she was serving. Joshua knew the God he was serving and he declared boldly that he was not among those who saw themselves as grasshoppers. He knew through the acts of His God that they were more than able to possess the land and enter into their promised destiny. You must not be afraid to dominate. You must see yourself as a champion who is triumphant. Your faith in His promises must never be shaken. You carry divinity and there is nothing in life that can conquer you. I decree that your testimonies shall overflow in Jesus’ name.

Key Point

Every closed mouth is equal to a closed destiny.

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Have Received Holy Ghost Still Go Through Water Baptism? / Ignore Any Babalawo Who Promise To Preaper You Money Or Love Spell / 8 Major Features Of The Antichrist(the Beast).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.