Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here (33815 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Post-utme Screening By Varsities (DETAILS) / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / Minister Reiterates Ban On Post UTME. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Naijabams(m): 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2016

The Federal Government on Saturday clarified its ban on Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and the general admission procedures, saying it “does not in any way affect the statutory role of the Senate of any University or the academic boards of any tertiary institution conducting its admissions.”

The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, stated this in a statement by the Deputy Director (Press and Public Relations) in the Ministry of Education, Mr. Ben Bem-Goong.

He said the clarification became necessary “following conflicting reports in the media over the roles of universities and the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board in admission under the new dispensation.”

According to him, the role of JAMB is to conduct the UTME, compile the list of candidates whose scores meet the cut-off marks (180 and above) and send same to the Universities.

The Universities, he emphasised, will shortlist the candidates using the agreed guidelines and thereafter return the shortlisted candidates to JAMB for verification of compliance to guidelines and subsequent issuance of JAMB admission letters.

“For the avoidance of doubt, any screening charges shall apply only to successful candidates who have been issued admission by the universities of their choice. All Universities and JAMB should adhere to this directive”, Adamu stated.

Source:- http://www.bamsforum.com/fg-clarifies-ban-post-utme-admission-procedure.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Naijabams(m): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
cool confusion everywhere just hoping they (Universities) will come out with something reasonable

2 Likes

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Genius101(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
Naijabams:
cool
these institutions wont just listen. they are the ones complicating this whole thing. some are even still grading results and awarding screening scores even after jambs guidelines..i tire o

2 Likes

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by jaymejate: 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Fynestboi, this was on NTA news... Preach the word
What about skuls that is requesting for credentials even b4 admitting like OAU?
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by weezii(m): 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2016

“For the avoidance of doubt, any screening charges shall apply only to successful candidates who have been issued admission by the universities of their choice. All Universities and JAMB should adhere to this directive”, Adamu Stated

I think this is the main information to be learnt.

It's simply translates to less money in the pockets of the universities and students who don't qualify gets to save their monies too unlike what is applicable before now.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Genius101(m): 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
weezii:

I think this is the main information to be learnt.

It's simply translates to less money in the pockets of the universities and students who don't qualify gets to save their monies too unlike what is applicable before now.
no...not before now bro infact it's now worst or how can one explain how lasu charged 5k,delsu 5k, uniport 6500,oau 6850 from not only the candidates sent to them for consideration but also from every candidate that chose them and had 180 and above. perhaps they are using there last opportunity to make enough money.

1 Like

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by FuckTheMods: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
Walai this ab0kina malam never go school
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Batifeori: 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Well I have been posted. The only concern am still having is that,I used awaiting result and I still can't understand how the school will short-list student. Is by jamb score or by ssce result or by combining both?

1 Like

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by jericco1(m): 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
walahi I still don't understand

1 Like

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Batifeori: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
FuckTheMods:
Walai this ab0kina malam never go school

3 Likes

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Batifeori: 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
jericco1:
walahi I still don't understand
U can only obtain the screening form,only when you have been posted to an institution and short-listed by the same institution for admission

1 Like

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by weezii(m): 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Genius101:
no...not before now bro infact it's now worst or how can one explain how lasu charged 5k,delsu 5k, uniport 6500,oau 6850 from not only the candidates sent to them for consideration but also from every candidate that chose them and had 180 and above. perhaps they are using there last opportunity to make enough money.

That's sad
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by jericco1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Batifeori:

U can only obtain the screening form,only when you have been posted to an institution and short-listed by the same institution for admission
tank u
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 17, 2016
the federal government is more confused than jamb itself.

Imsu aspirants, drop your number to be added in an existing Whatsapp group, where you get first hand information about the posting and screening processes.
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by princeemcee: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2016
Am only hearing about the University admission... What about those who applied for polytechnic with 179 below?
Do you mean nothing for them?
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by 9rad(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2016
cool
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 17, 2016
it seems no more posting anymore
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Good.
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Therock5555(m): 9:37am On Jul 17, 2016
jamb and fg be like

1 Like

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Flexherbal(m): 9:37am On Jul 17, 2016
The system is confused!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by harlehleh(f): 9:39am On Jul 17, 2016
What about people that havent been posted to their schools but had above 200?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Genius101(m): 9:40am On Jul 17, 2016
STPEACE:
it seems no more posting anymore
i think so,looking at number
10 of jambs admission guidelines,it was clearly stated that the screening list has been uploaded on jamb's website for prospective students so going by this statement,there might not be further posting.if not,jamb wouldn't have made such statement.my observation though and to those waiting for official statement from jamb, i think jamb already stated it as written above.
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by princeakins(m): 9:43am On Jul 17, 2016
cool
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by falconey(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2016
goodluck jambites don't forget to check my signature.
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Genius101(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2016
harlehleh:
What about people that havent been posted to their schools but had above 200?? undecided
they will be posted to schools where they might be considered for admission
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by ichommy(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
Getting Serious
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by pendusky(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
He said the clarification became necessary “following conflicting reports in the media over the roles of universities and the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board in admission under the new dispensation.”

Why is this government so CONFUSING
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by NigerianScholar: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2016
Batifeori:
Well I have been posted. The only concern am still having is that,I used awaiting result and I still can't understand how the school will short-list student. Is by jamb score or by ssce result or by combining both?
Its by merit, catchment and eod's
Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by jaid23: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2016
WHAT ARE THE AGREED GUIDELINES??

Too many conflicting report, Universities VC will come tomorrow nd say smtin else..

JAMB, MIN. of EDU & the UNIVERSITIES should come out with a clear framework and stop playing candidate like a tennis ball.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Clarifies Ban On Post-utme, Admission Procedure See Here by Genius101(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2016
Flexherbal:
The system is confused!
dont agree with you on this bro. the system has been saying the same over again but these schools aren't listening.they are the people complicating issues.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? / Lauretta Onochie: IPPIS Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Full Time Jobs / Help! My Boss Has Been Charmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.