Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes (32217 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / The Bible actually preached For Us To Eat Our Tithes? see for yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Smooth278(m): 9:45am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:

Plz do you have a biblical reference to back this point, if yes I will be glad if you can share

Deuteronomy 14: 22 -29... very instructive

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by nathpope(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2016
U sluggard, go and learn frm d ashawos..."pay b4 service".
U com here com dey shout anyhow...
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by uanda(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2016
Deuteronomy 14:22-29King James Version (KJV)

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:

25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:

26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by openmine(m): 9:49am On Jul 17, 2016
alfredbisong:
I remembered long time ago in delta state my elder brother left home n no one knows his whereabout 4 yrs, some one dash my mother money I don't know d exact amount bt d money would av been very useful to us then,my deeper life mum did something with d money, all efford to get my brother prove abortive,my mum challenge God by giving him all the money telling God to locate and bring my brother back home with his mighty power,my brother came back home the following day with my mum from Church service,I saw my lovely brother back home again,God is Good!!!tithes is good bt I don't see it as an obligation bt u can challenge God wt ur tithes or all u gat when u Want something from him
lol....You can not challenge God wit Ur money or tithe..It belittles him..Her faith(not her money) in God made her son come back....

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above ALL that we ASK or THINK , according to the POWER that works in US Ephesians 3:20

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Lordmykel(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2016
sandeiwhite:
you pay ur tithe to anywhere you receive ur spiritual nourishment. 1/10 of ur income not capital. And any increment so if ur salary was 10k and it was increased to 15k the 5k ontop should go to the church.
and where in the bible is it written "pay ur tithe to anywhere you receive ur spiritual nourishment" na wa o.. And where in the bible is this calculations of yours made.. Na wa again for you.. 10% of your income.. 10% of 15k is 1.5k so what do you mean by 5k onto goes to church? Na wa for you a third time.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:01am On Jul 17, 2016
pumpy007:

you re scammn urself of God blessing

By following the scriptures?

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by stanisbaratheon: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2016
martineverest:
anywhere!when u help ur neigbhours or help the needy /less privilege with your resources,u are automatically paying tithe....using ur resources to help others happy( especially when they are in need of help).

Afterall,tithing is a form of helping God(physically) and to help him physically,u must follow whhat matt 25:35-42

helping GOD??

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by gotnel: 10:05am On Jul 17, 2016
ikombe:
I once read in the bible that tithes are not money given to the church by individuals but edible items which are to be given and later shared among people in the church to eat

Pastors been scaming people since 1918
True talk. Tithe is for the people who are suffering from one thing or the other particularly the hungry people. Bring all your ten percent to the treasure house where the needy people who don't have can come and eat freely without anyone harassing them.
Paying tithe to the church is not fulfilling the reason behind the obligation. God said bring ten percent of your harvest to the store house. So that the widows, leepers, hungry fellow, the priest who is not doing anything than staying to attend to people spiritually will have food to eat.
Today, church is not fulfilling this obligation. Church of today's is more business oriented than been spiritual.
THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT FOR TITHES IN THE BIBLE IS NOT WHAT THE CHURCH IS USING WHATEVER PEOPLE USES TO PAY THEIR TITHES TODAY.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by MRBODMAS(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2016
...If there is mixture of these 2 classes of said pastors' status in the church that is, Full time and working Pastor, what will u do?
Kayendy:
There are Stıll churches who there pastors are full tıme pastors(they. Don't have any other job) ın thıs case. Pay ur tithes to the church cos the church depends on it to pay theır pastors and other workers but when the pastor has another job, pls pay to orphanages and motherless homes.. that's my own understanding.. no bible quotation to back ıt up
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Coolgent(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2016
I use to wonder why will you pay tithes when your parents and close relative are in need of it.
Thats foolishness

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by charlsecy(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2016
Vendoor:
If you must, pay to orphanage homes and help the less privilege on the street.
crunchyg:
Plz do you have a biblical reference to back this point...

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me......' (Matthew 25:40 (NIV)

A second tithe brought to Jerusalem for the Lord’s feasts (Deut. 14:22-23; Deut. 12:5-7). This tithe must be consumed before the Lord. ALL ATE portions of this tithe.

Every third year, the second tithe was kept at home for the Levites, the poor and the needy (Deut. 14:27-29).
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by ayobami52(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2016
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Etizz: 10:18am On Jul 17, 2016
ycat:
Give to the poor.

The churches you are giving to will make you poorer, no blessing in it. Your neighbors are the church. That beggar is the church God meant. That little girl that was asked to go back home for school fees is the church.

I'm not saying you shouldn't contribute to pay church bills or give your struggling pastors and congregants food, but your focus should be on the widow, orphans and disabled.

Give to the poor and see your finances change.

U said it all....

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by zubinike(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:
Yes I know so many people will quote Malachi where the bible say bring your tithes to the store house of God, does that mean that is the only way to pay our tithe, if you say so, then explain the other places Bible talked about tithe. In Hebrew bible talks about Abraham paying his tithe to Melchizedek and God also ordered other tribes of Israel to pay tithe to the tribe of Levi because they are not meant to work. So my question is where, who, how, what is the correct way to pay our tithe. Plz I need bible scholars to clear me in this, ur answers are highly appreciated

Bad nigga, u dey find excuse for not paying tithe abi? Oya pay your tithe into my account. Anyway the secret to tithing no clear at all
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by don4real18(m): 10:24am On Jul 17, 2016
kennygee:

If he's helping people, it should not be from his tithe.

The tithe should be brought to God's house so there can be food. Tithes and offering in the times of the old testament was brought to the house of God as a token of appreciation and so there can be food for the Levites, this is because the Levite's were not allowed to work, their own work was to tend to the house of God as priests.

So they had a portion of these tithes and offeting to cater for themselves and their families.

Ask the holy spirit for directions. Its most important that you give cheerfully and not grudgingly or under compulsion.
okay... our pastors are not Levites so we won't give them

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by eugyno: 10:33am On Jul 17, 2016
Vendoor:

shocked Do you have conscience at all.

You need biblical references to help people

Ghast

How many poor people have you given your expensive phones?
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by charlsecy(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2016
kennygee:
The tithe should be brought to God's house so there can be food. Tithes and offering in the times of the old testament was brought to the house of God as a token of appreciation and so there can be food for the Levites, this is because the Levite's were not allowed to work, their own work was to tend to the house of God as priests.
Do modern-day pastors fit into the shoes of the Levites? How does one eat money paid as tithes?

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by muredo(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2016
allanphash7:
No where else

Thighting is a scam !!!
Thighting is a day light robbery !!!
Thighting [/b]is only been paid by the gullibles !!!!

Who thighing epp seff?

[b]Thighting
ko loosen ni

See yourself, Iru Oyinbo buruku wo ni eyi for crying out loud?
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by pumpy007(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

By following the scriptures?
By not
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by zubinike(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2016
Smooth278:

Deuteronomy 14: 22 -29... very instructive

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_tithe.htm
That's the answer to all we are saying on tithing
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by pumpy007(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2016
tonquendo4u:
Muslims don't pay tithes.Dangote is d richest man in Nigeria and he's a muslim.a lot of great men ain't Christians.They don't pay tithes.d secret of Gods blessings in in almsgiving.Not in any tithing.dont deceive urself.some people take tithes to church when their neighbour is hungry.Its a sin o
are you dangote or dos great man
just do what is right
itz not a force to pay it..
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by sunkieisland(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2016
Pay your tithe in your local assembly where you're being fed spiritually.

I'm short of words for those who say the tithe belongs to their parents or orphanages..... your reward is your parents/ orphanage reward......

Pay your tithe where you're fed spiritually and your reward .... the window of blessing which you'll have no room for.... will come from God.

If you're a Christian, choose to live by the Word and nothing else.

cheesy wink
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by teshyberry(f): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2016
allanphash7:
No where else

Thighting is a scam !!!
Thighting is only been paid by the gullibles !!!!

Who thighing epp seff?

Thighting ko loosen ni

My God have mercy on your destiny!
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Lionsclaw: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2016
crunchyg:

Plz do you have a biblical reference to back this point, if yes I will be glad if you can share
Not everything is about bible reference. Use the WORD of TRUTH written in your heart.

The 'storehouse' referred to in Malachi can also be a spiritual place. The day you separate a part of your earnings for God that money instantly has become separated for the storehouse. If you give it to the poor, widows, helpless and stranded then you have given it to God. Also you can also separate some part of it to evangelistic missions all over the world and still cut some tiny part for the church where you worship.

So dont let any pastor decieve you that the church is the storehouse of God. True if they were truely committed to the poor why not, they will be helpful in appropriately passing your money to the right channel who need it. But unfortunately today most of them pastors have big personal investments and yet tell you they are the priest who need the money. Personally I only give a small portion of my tithe to the church where I worship. The bulk rest goes to feeding and housing the poor and missionaries

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Lionsclaw: 11:32am On Jul 17, 2016
kennygee:

If he's helping people, it should not be from his tithe.

So they had a portion of these tithes and offeting to cater for themselves and their families.

Ask the holy spirit for directions. Its most important that you give cheerfully and not grudgingly or under compulsion.
I am not sure its the Holy Spirit that told you this one. You mean todays livites are the pastors who drive big cars and own huge investments in schools and other merchandise and aend their kids abroad?
Peter and the apostles never collected tithe but ask people to bring whatever they had so that they can share to those who have none.
The idea of tithing started with Cain and Abel. It represent how real God is to you cos where you put your most precious treasure (your money) shows how important that thing is to you. Giving to God is the idea. A tenth portion ie tithe is just an old testament suggestion. You can give anything that shows you value God or you can stick to the suggested 10th portion. But let nobody fool you that the rule of old testsment tithe applies to the new testament christians. We are not jews. Any money you separate for God and distribute to poor and needy and chruch is all in line as tithe my dear

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by theEYe21(f): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2016
The orphanage, the poor, the helpless, the needy, old peoples home smiley
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by theEYe21(f): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2016
That's just selfish undecided
orisa37:
Pay to wherever you feel God will use it to develop you. Understanding is God.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2016
i dont get some people.. how does paying thithe affects someone from helping people... i know of people who pay their thite and a very charitable givers
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by amacastel: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

@op, Malachi doesn't define what tithe is and how to go about paying tithe. It only states the blessings and curses that go with tithe payment or non payment.

Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 is the portion that clearly states what tithe is, when and how tithe should be given and administered.

Deuteronomy 14:22-29New International Version (NIV)

Tithes
22 "Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands."

DO NOT BE SCAMMED.

Thank you for this clarification.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
HardMirror:

Tithing is wrong. It was for priests then that were not supposed to own properties then. It is gone with the old testament. Same reason you don't kill goats for sin atonement. The priesthood structure and house of levi does not function any more
If tithe was meant for the Levites(priests) alone, then your comment would have been very correct since Levites don't exist here anymore. But if you read Deuteronomy 14: 28-29, you'll see that tithe was meant for Levites, widows, Fatherless, foreigners etc.
So even though Levites don't exist, we should keep paying tithe to those poor and less privileged ones because they still exist.
This is why I don't pay my tithes in the church.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by gentlegenius(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Chuknovski:
Mal 3 it's recommended by God, it may interest you to know that tithe is a perequisite to make heaven
"Tithe is a prerequisite to make heaven"... This is the most thoughtless and awkward comment I've heard for years. People like you will believe and do everything these end time pastors tells you instead of opening your Bible to read. I support you to keep paying your tithes to pastors who are far richer than you and ignore the poor, less privileged. Then God will come begging you to enter heaven.
Re: Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes by excel101(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
allanphash7:
No where else

Thighting is a scam !!!
Thighting is only been paid by the gullibles !!!!

Who thighing epp seff?

Thighting ko loosen ni

Its not too good to condemn spiritual things with profanity. If you don't like or believe in it, its not too to outrightly come out and condemn it. Even if you do it it doesn't also make you a lesser Christian. So be wise my Bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Requests For Past Tithe Donations To Dunamis Church (video) / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.