Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? (878 Views)

Husband Dies Saving Wife From Electrocution In Bauchi / Giving Cash Or Spending Cash / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by argon500: 8:19am On Jul 17, 2016
I saw this posted somewhere the other day and at first I was like Pshhhh! That’s easy – Saving! But after a few seconds I started questioning myself.

An interesting thing about saving, though, is that it’s not nearly as fun without a GOAL in mind. So saving w/out a plan = boring. Smart, but not very exciting. Spending, on the other hand, fills you with plenty of endorphins! You get instant gratification and usually something tangible right there in front of your face. How awesome is that? Extremely! So much so that people keep doing it and doing it until they crash and burn and buyer’s remorse sets in. And it affects rich people too, which is why some people say never to go shopping just for fun!

I may not have all the fancy artifacts of today, but dreaming of a free’er future gives me more than enough joy to keep pushing forward. Saving gives you options, spending doesn’t. Which do you enjoy more?
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Investing

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by Cutehector(m): 8:23am On Jul 17, 2016
Alert!

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by Vendoor(f): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2016
Yesterday I was in a friend's party, I change some money to lower denomination for spraying things...

Honestly I enjoyed it grin

I was just dancing and dashing at money menh... Emptied my pocket and wanted to continue.

Chaiiii spending is sweet oh cheesy
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by byvan03: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2016
I love both, what's the point of saving without spending? None will follow me to my grave when it's time.
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by EfemenaXY: 9:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Pay off your essential bills first (spend)

Then religiously keep aside a fraction of what's left, no matter how little (save).

Do something nice with the rest. Take a loved one out for a nice meal or something. (Life is for living).
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by AceQueen(f): 10:45am On Jul 17, 2016
Fabulocity:
Investing
Just another word for spending. Every person sincere with himself enjoys spending more. This is why it takes discipline to save.
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 17, 2016
Investing is different from spending in the sense that you expect returns when you invest. But when you spend, the money is gone, no returns.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm very prudent when it comes to dealing with cash. I enjoy saving way more than I spend. Saving gives me greater satisfaction.
AceQueen:
Just another word for spending. Every person sincere with himself enjoys spending more. This is why it takes discipline to save.
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by kizolo(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2016
Jesus saves. I spend. cool
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by AceQueen(f): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2016
Fabulocity:
Investing is different from spending in the sense that you expect returns when you invest. But when you spend, the money is gone, no returns.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm very prudent when it comes to dealing with cash. I enjoy saving way more than I spend. Saving gives me greater satisfaction.
Investing is spending in the literal sense. The money you spend will be gone only when you don't spend it on what will yield returns. Note that not all investments yield financial returns. Some returns come as services and several other ways.
You can't invest without spending.
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by EfemenaXY: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2016
AceQueen:
Investing is spending in the literal sense. The money you spend will be gone only when you don't spend it on what will yield returns. Note that not all investments yield financial returns. Some returns come as services and several other ways.
You can't invest without spending.

Not quite. Saving is a form of investment. How then does that translate into spending?
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by EfemenaXY: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2016
kizolo:
Jesus saves. I spend. cool

OMG! grin grin
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by AceQueen(f): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Not quite. Saving is a form of investment. How then does that translate into spending?
You're right but that's just the only form of investment (I think) where you don't have to spend.

Talking about saving, your money doesn't just lie inside a special box in the bank when you keep it there. The bank does business with it.
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by EfemenaXY: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2016
AceQueen:
You're right but that's just the only form of investment (I think) where you don't have to spend.

Talking about saving, your money doesn't just lie inside a special box in the bank when you keep it there. The bank does business with it.

True.
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by Thermythorpe(f): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
Both
Re: Which Do You Enjoy More: SAVING Or SPENDING? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Spending on luxury goods can be so tempting but it takes financial discipline to save. Spending is just based on instant gratification but saving with purpose can go a long way.

For me saving to invest is what i relish.

(1) (Reply)

Sultana, Missing Badiko Girl In Kaduna Found After 7 Months (photos) / . / Do You Want To Buy Baby Products At Discounted Price (promotion Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.