Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,762 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? (50435 Views)

Delete / D Reason Y Igbo And Calabar Women Neva Believe Dat Yoruba Wowen Knws How 2 Cook / Chew That Watermelon Seed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by kliverpool(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2009
pls i need to get the local name of this seed

Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2009
it has a name in hausa which skips me at the moment.
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2009
tpia.:

i know u r trying to help but the above does not aid threadstarter in anyway
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 13, 2009
OMO IBO:

i know u r trying to help but the above does not aid threadstarter in anyway

quite obviously I wasnt trying to help since I said the name skips me.

Find another line.
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2009
Oya make me no derail thread.
i know say e dey itch you.
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2009
OMO IBO:

Oya make me no derail thread.
i know say e dey itch you.

are you hungry from ramadan fasting?

You're normally a bit more coherent, but not today.
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2009
Hahahahahahah
Tpia Tpia

How ur weekend?
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 14, 2009
Its called beniseed in Nigeria, but we dont eat it on bread.

In Nigeria, the crop (often referred to as Beniseed) is widely used and very popular in parts of the Central, North Western and North Eastern zones where it is usually grown. The local names are ‘Ridi’ Hausa, ‘Ishwa’: Tiv, ‘Yamati’or ‘Eeku’: Yoruba, ‘Igorigo’ Igbira and ‘Doo’: Jukun.

http://www.bioversityinternational.org/Publications/PGRNewsletter/article.asp?id_article=23&id_issue=127

I'm not familiar with any of these local names however.
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by kliverpool(m): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2009
TPIA thanks
and every other contributor
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by nellaluv(f): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2009
It looks like egusi seed. grin
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2013
Igbo; Ekuku
yoruba; Isasa
hausa; Ridi
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by joeyreports: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2015
most times people prefer to use the english name to call the sesame seed, i dont even know what it is called in my dialet, be rest assured when you get to the market and tell them you need sesame seed, they will understand you........
http://www.joeyarticles.com/recommendations-grow-sesame-seed/
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Boldstar(m): 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2016

Karkashi
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by Rubyintegrated: 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Riddi is the Hausa name.
Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by walezy85: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
gorigo that's what Kogi people called sesame seed

1 Like

Re: Sesame Seed Can Any Body Tell Me The YoRUBA ,igbo And House Name? by ayufun: 8:18am On May 21, 2017
Everything you need to know about sesame, seed, oil, Nutrition, uses and health benefits, possible side effects

http://www.healthriskfood.com/2016/12/sesame-oil-benefits.html

(1) (Reply)

This Wicked Snake That's Killing My Christmas Chicken Was Finally Caught / How Animals Are Killed And Processed In A Slaughter House In Edo. Photos / Cook-a-thon: Benue Chef Naira Victor Gets Support From Gov Alia, Four Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.