Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Things To Learn From The '3 Idiots' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Things To Learn From The '3 Idiots' (676 Views)

8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 / 3 Idiots - 2017 Nollywood Movie Thriller - YET FILMS / 5 Things To Learn From Efe Bbnaija Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things To Learn From The '3 Idiots' by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2016
I remembered that year when everyone was talking about the movie. And I was like, what's is it about the film. Ordinarily, it does not strike as something that will hold you spellbound. But as the saying goes; "the taste of the pudding is in the eating", comes through about the film.

There are many movies out there, but the "3 idiots" stands as a dose of inspiration to whoever watches it. So I will earnestly recommend it for those who needs a good movie to watch. This is a movie that has many interesting themes to enrich lives. It is purely comical and relaxing. And there are many things you could learn from it. Some of the messages it convey to people talks about 'being simple', 'being passionate', 'being excellent' and 'being different'. In essence, it exposes the society to us with its many demands of trying to force us to become what it want of us. To be different is not easy and it takes courage and determination. Nevertheless 'all is well'. So here are four things to learn from the "3 idiots".

BE SIMPLE
It takes more to be simple. This involves being understandable. The essence is to make life less difficult than it is. A recount of it from the movie is when a professor was lecturing in class and then he asked for the definition of a machine. Rancho smiling in askance got to define it. In clear terms he gave the definition of a machine using zipper as an illustration but this appears too simple to the professor who not satisfied asked for another person to define it. Silencer who is very good at cramming supplied a lengthy definition which got the approval of the professor. Rancho trying to explain that they both meant the same thing was sent out of the class and told never to attend again. Life should not be made difficult. The essence of understanding is to put things in clear terms and that's how it become beneficial to everybody. Simplicity pays in return. Immediately Rancho left the class he came back to collect his books which he had forgotten. Surprised that the boy which he had driven is back to the class, the professor demanded for reasons for defying his order. And Racho uttered in total grammatical outburst why he is back to the class. Not understanding him, the professor becoming furious demanded in clear terms what he was telling him, and he replied that he had only come back to collect his books. So you see it pays to be simple. It is for the benefit of all that things are made simple.

BE PASSIONATE
At the Imperial College of Engineering (I.C.E.), life start and ends. Joy Lobo had to end his life due to his inability to successfully complete his project. It is not really easy scaling down to graduation under the rigid Director, Virus as he was fondly called. How can one become an engineer as expected when Virus is just screwing things up for everyone. It is only when you have the passion to follow on with your dreams. The project which Joy Lobo abandoned was that which Racho completed owning to his love for engineering, and it was that which made public Lobo's suicidal act. Passion is where grace lies. It makes things easy even when they comes hard. It gives you the strength to continue and hold on to success. So it pays to follow your passion. Everybody could be doing it but if you are not meant for it you will find it problematic. Fahran's passion tends to photography. When he resumed the ICE on seeing some puppies he brought out his camera to take a good shot of them. If he had followed his vision of becoming a renowned photographer he would not have suffered much as becoming an engineer. There are dreams we have which others don't, it takes great determination to actualize them and not pursuing what others are running after. It is where the heart lies that guarantees greatness.

BE EXCELLENT
Excellence should be the standard in whatever you do. Always strive to be good, at least to a measure above normal. Excellence is not a drag to competitiveness, it is an indicator of evaluating oneself above mediocrity. It is about you proclaiming yourself better and highly qualified to operate in an environment. If Rancho can coin FARHANITRATE and PRERAJULISATION, to assumed words in science and engineering that means he is really good at what he does. Execellence is about what you do and how you do it. Be great at what you do. At the end of the day you might grab the astronaut pen as did Rancho, whom Virus humbly gave the pen because he truly deserves it.

BE DIFFERENT
In all you do strive to be different. Mark yourself out for good. Dr. Viru is a die-hard conservative director that will maintain an old tradition that has lost its taste and aroma in the society. He has this notion that things ought to be done in a following order. But certain circumstance might demand a new approach to problem solving. Being different is all about you sticking to what works best for you with regard to others. The playful Rancho was place first when the result was pasted. This was due to the fact that he is a smart guy who knows how to manage himself. Raju who wanted to be among the best thought that following Silencer's pattern of study would yield him his expected grades. He was placed second to last. Silencer has a technique that works perfectly well for himself but that won't work for Raju. In reality there are things that works best for others but won't yield as much result for one. So it takes you to explore what would make you phenomena. Dare to be different and enjoy your success. For a particular style is not the arbiter of the doing.

I hereby conclude with these parting words; 'follow excellence...success will chase you'. I think I have done much for the movie I love. So please accept my humble offering, be simple, be passionate, be excellent and be different. Thanks.
Re: Things To Learn From The '3 Idiots' by tsamson(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Lalasticlala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Odunlade Adekola Stars Alongside RMD, Iretiola Doyle & Jaiye Kuti In ‘the Grudge / TBoss refused to dance while DJ Neptune Thrilled other Bbnaija Housemates / Kcee Shows Support For Efe #bbnaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.