Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Nysc The Best Federal Establishment. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc The Best Federal Establishment. (695 Views)

NYSC The Way Forward / NYSC - The Best And Highest Paying States For National Youth Services In Nigeria / NYSC: The A To Z For All Prospective Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc The Best Federal Establishment. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nysc was created by Gowon in the year 1976.Nysc to me is the most efficient federal establishment have encountered. The advantage of the program surpasses it's disadvantages by miles.

Nysc is the largest body in Africa with all the tribe in Nigeria represented. The main advantage of this program is the unity it's has built in Nigeria graduates irrespective of the religious and ethnic diversity and also the background(rich and Poor) diferences among its participant. Really sorry to say this but when I was growing, I had this notion that northerners are violent and even worst when he or she is a Muslim. To my greatest surprise the first people that welcome me when I got to my state of posting ( precisely Ebonyi) was my Muslim brother,(mostly northerner) .The way they approach I and my colleague was very astonishing to me, at first I thought it's was one of there method of pouncing on Christian. They convince us with well mannered speech that they are Mcan brethren and are just trying to assist us. we reluctantly followed them to there mosque and really that was my first time of entering a mosque. The way the Mcan brethren welcomed us made me doubt my previous notion of the northerner(muslim) .Infact generally they where nice and warmly. Really through out my stay in camp most of the friends I made where northern Muslim because I wanted to clear my curiosity on the previous encounter I had with them in the mosque. The way this people spoke and converse(warmly) really made me test them the more, I had to make annoying speech (mostly across religious Line) toward them to know there reaction but yet they where calm and even hasten to clear my doubt with subtle explanation. My conclusion is this don't judge a tribe base on few people you meet. And most of the northern Muslim have met are illiterate which other tribes also has. There is every tendency that the mind of an illiterate (whether igbo Yoruba, Hausa or jaw) can be maneuvered and manipulated easily to serve the purpose of the perpetrators of crime. In conclusion nysc has endeared me to my northern brothers even more than my kinsmen.

Secondly Nysc has incorporated vital programme to engage the youth actively into the mainstream developmental strides of the society(Saed) . Saed program has reduced the burden of our government from the increasing number of our unemployed youth. The youth will engage themselves into meaningful ventures immediately after the 1 year service unlike the usual rave for white collar job that are unavailable. Am a benefactor of the saed program because I learnt how to rear fishes and bird. And before the end of my service I plan to start a small poultry farm and am even trying to widen my scope on other farming skills like rice farming, since abakaliki is well known for rice plantation. Also Saed programme ,during camping should be extended to like 3 weeks.

To shock you am a geologist but Saed program has widen my knowledge on Agro allied industry.

Corner wee.

(1) (Reply)

When NYSC Is Over! What Next? / How I Resignd My Teaching Job In Lagos To Start A Big Farming Business In Sokoto / NYSC Batch ‘B’ Corps Online Registration – 2016 [how-to-apply]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.