Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

NYSC The Way Forward - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC The Way Forward (905 Views)

NYSC: The 7 Sins Of Davido And Accompanying Sanctions / NYSC: The Best Place Of Primary Assignment For A Corper In Nigeria? / NYSC - The Best And Highest Paying States For National Youth Services In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC The Way Forward by eagleae7(m): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
NYSC

1. Why will a graduate waste a whole year in a field not related to his discipline,
2. Why will a graduate of engineering, scientists, social sciences be sent to a primary or secondary school to go and teach.
3. What is paltry #19800 a month in this economic situation of the country.
4. They say is to promote peace “really”

Ways some of the issues above can be addressed:

1. The Government should provide nationwide institutions of training for graduates that will engage them for like 2-3 months on their respective discipline.

2. construction, manufacturing and or building companies will train engineers while the like computer scientists will be trained on ICT firms etc. Then all those that studied Education can be sent to schools.

3. Instead of paying a paltry 19800 that not worth anything let the Government provide a comprehensive 1yr of that 19800 and give to the graduate on completion of the 2-3 months training as empowerment for them instead of wasting a whole year without savings.

4. They say it’s to promote peace amongst Nigerians, peace will be ensured in the nation by various means and don’t tell me that NYSC is the best way because that was those days not in this age. If the leaders are indeed serious about peace they know what to do.

My own thought anyway
Add your own views, pls no insulting

1 Like

Re: NYSC The Way Forward by naphtii(m): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
Gbam!!! In full support of ur write up.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC The Way Forward by maurisoft(m): 7:44am On Dec 05, 2016
If only our leaders can think and actually see that this scheme has outlived it's usefulness, where in the world is this done

1 Like

Re: NYSC The Way Forward by eagleae7(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
Its new year and corpers have not been paid for December allawee (paltry 19800)
Tell me what stops the nation from scrapping this scheme already
Re: NYSC The Way Forward by AndyAustin(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
eagleae7:
Its new year and corpers have not been paid for December allawee (paltry 19800)
Tell me what stops the nation from scrapping this scheme already
A friend had mockingly ask me if NYSC pays december allawee, another told me she won't be going to her PPA till she sees her December alert. Honestly, I think there are merely few corp members who would vote for the continuation of NYSC if given a chance. Many corp members know exactly what you are talking about and would agree with you. But the truth remains that there is little to nothing these complains would change. Like it or not after graduation you are to serve or take an exemption, the ball is in your court.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Stream II Orientation Camp - Travel From Ibadan / Taraba Corpers Please Check IN And Help A Brother. / A Corp Member Stabbed To Death In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.