Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,634 members, 7,854,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord (383 Views)

Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life / Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by adolfhitler2: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
According to Webster's Dictionary, the abbreviation A.D. is from the Latin word "anno Domini" , meaning "in the year of our Lord." This refers to our current calendar, counting down from the date of Jesus' birth,

So anytime you say a date on the calendar. E.g 17.jul.2016 it means 17.jul.2016 A.D (in the year of our lord)

27** A.D. John the baptizer begins his ministry.

27** A.D. Jesus begins His ministry (at the approximate age of 30).

30** A.D. Jesus is crucified on cross & raised from dead (at the approximate age of 33).

30** A.D. Jesus' church begin in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost and the Lord begins adding people to His church (see Acts 2:37 through the end of the chapter).

70 A.D. Jerusalem and the temple destroyed by the Roman emperor Titus.

410 A.D. Fall of Rome to the Visigoths.

1451 A.D. Christopher Columbus was born.

1776 A.D. U.S. declaration of Independence Adopted.

1914 A.D. World War I started.

2000 A.D. The world celebrates the start of a new millennium, approximately 2000 years after the birth of Jesus.

so whether u like it or not we are all declaring Jesus as our Lord. unless u no wan talk date we go knw say u be real atheist.
Re: Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by Ravenna: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
Moslems won't like this. They'd wished A.D was the day of moha.
Re: Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by Lucario007(m): 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
January - Named after the Pagan God Janus
March - Named after the Pagan God Mars
May - Named after the Pagan God Maia
June - Named after the Pagan God Juno
Sunday - Named after the Pagan Sun God
Monday - Named after the Pagan Moon God
Tuesday - Named after the Pagan God Tie
Wednesday - Named after the Pagan God Woden
Thursday - Named after the Pagan God Thor
Friday - Named after the Pagan God Freiya
Saturday - Named after the Pagan God Saturn

So tell me? Since the days of the week are all Pagan, does that not mean that we are all Pagan?
Your reasoning is highly illogical and I could only expect such from someone with a pathetic moniker like yours.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by ValentineMary(m): 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
It is a fact that some people would remain deluded forever and pick irrational faith rather than reason. But let us remember Poppy philosophy; If u want to authenticate ur faith/belief, try to disprove it which could be difficult but if u are always looking for a reason to believe in something, that is going to be very easy to find. Eg I can believe that spaghettis fly at night and I might be able to prove it with the fact that I see cooked spaghetti in the front of my house every morning. But unknown to me, my neighbour pours it there. If I later discover the truth and I still hold on to my beliefs, then I am nothing more than a psychopath.

The truth is that we can try to rationalize anything said eg the muslims can say their creation story which says earth and Sun came from a cloud, ment a nebula. The xtians can say that their story is just allegory which is just a representation, etc. That is what Poppy called Pseudoscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by DeSepiero(m): 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
If there were age restrictions on this forum, this poster wouldn't be here.

1 Like

Re: Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by onetrack(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
Thank you for your advice, adolfhitler. Your choice of username indicates your maturity.
Re: Whether Atheists Like It Or Not We Are All Declaring Jesus As Our Lord by hopefulLandlord: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Some people just like shooting themselves in the foot

(1) (Reply)

The Re-appointment Of Disappointment Of Life / The Story Of How Frustrated Fr. Mbaka Pushed For A 25th Federal Ministry, And... / The Age Of Cheapness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.