Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Moonsighting Announcement By Sultan For Ramadhan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Moonsighting Announcement By Sultan For Ramadhan (433 Views)

Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo) / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day / Sultan Sa'ad Announces The Commencement Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moonsighting Announcement By Sultan For Ramadhan by Royals1: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Assalam alaykum my brethren in Islam. I am forced to create and post this topic on nairaland forum now that we have finished celebration of eid festival. The reason is I don't want to create confusion among Muslims.
I have a some quest dt I need to ask pple concerning the announcement of moon sighted by the sultan in Nigeria, not necessarily to create confusion but to enlighten ourselves.

1. The moonset in Nigeria after the sunset, and Di's is around 7p.m to past 7.Moon shuld be sighted by dis time on the expected day and appear till around 8 pm or before. The dissemination of dis info shuld be around 7 and 7.30. But to my surprise sultan announcement of d sighting of the moon every yr is always late at night sometimes midnight, d latest is 10 pm dis ur. With my knowledge of moon appearance it cannot stay even up to 2 hrs before d disappearance. Y is it always late before the announcement

2. I was in d north in 2008, sokoto state precisely, (which is most favourably for sighting condition)during ramadhan dt yr, the moon announcement was publucised by d sultan, but unfortunately I could not see d moon. Now my quest is, is there particular people with sacred eyes dt can sight d moon, or is there sacred places dt moon can be sighted even in the north. If yes y dos d sultan advices pole every yr to watch out for moon all over the country.

3. For every yr moon appears a day or 2 after d sultan announment in d north and west. Is dt moon d fake moon, is it not d same moon dt is claim to be sighted a day before.
Some pple say it's 2 days moon which is big. Hadith Muslim condemed dis sayings and confirm sighted in ur location as d moon either big or small.
Let me rest here and expect pple opinion on dis to shed more light.
Note: no disrespect to any opinion or sultan. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Kangaroo Inauguration Fails In OAU (part 1) / Does God Accept Prayers??? / The Arab Race - Shaykh Al-albani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.