Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! (3075 Views)

Interpretations Of The Bible. Bible Scholars Let's Talk. / 'My View Regarding The Election (US)'- TB Joshua Replies Critics / My Message Is Not For Everybody - Enoch Adeboye Responds To Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
When we talk about muslims killing innocent people as in the days of Muhammad till now, they jump out and say so it happened in the Bible. The most annoying thing is that of the atheists who also justify islamic killings saying the Bible contains violent verses too. I wonder the relationship between atheists and muslims after saying there is no God, no spirits.

I make bold to tell all of you that there are no religious wars in the Bible, bring the verses and I will debunk them to permanently shut you up. Nowhere did God of the Bible command anyone to force people to Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by annunaki2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
Very good point, only a lunatic will argue against this fact.
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
annunaki2:
Very good point, only a lunatic will argue against this fact.

Thanks bro.

No wonder none could come up to argue.
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

Thanks bro.

No wonder none could come up to argue.

Okk
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by DeSepiero(m): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
grin
Ok there are genocides in the Bible.
Happy now ? angry

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 7:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
DeSepiero:
grin
Happy now ? angry

Lol...dude will come for your head soon. Didn't u see the anger and venom in his post?

The LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation. Exodus 17:16

3 Likes

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by OtemWonyahweh: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
truthmans2012:
When we talk about muslims killing innocent people as in the days of Muhammad till now, they jump out and say so it happened in the Bible. The most annoying thing is that of the atheists who also justify islamic killings saying the Bible contains violent verses too. I wonder the relationship between atheists and muslims after saying there is no God, no spirits.

I make bold to tell all of you that there are no religious wars in the Bible, bring the verses and I will debunk them to permanently shut you up. Nowhere did God of the Bible command anyone to force people to Him.

Hope you know how Christianity was popularised. Constantine and Eusebius killed thousands of other religious worshippers. The popes killed millions.

In the Bible also, Jehovah led war against those who don't serve him but other gods. Isn't that religious wars? Religion is a shame on humanity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by DeSepiero(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...dude will come for your head soon. Didn't u see the anger and venom in his post?

The LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation. Exodus 17:16

Don't mind the big head.
Fact is, they don't even study the Bible well enough.

2 Likes

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
DeSepiero:
grin
Happy now ? angry

Why ?
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by masseratti: 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

very convenient for you not to quote the full verse, the part of "arms were laid on the throne of the Lord ".
Amaleks attacked the isrealite without any provocation, that is not a religious war but a war between two Nations.

2 Likes

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Exodus 17:8-9

8 Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.

9 And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.

The Amalekites first attacked them and wanted to prevent them from going forward to the promised land. Was God guilty for getting angry with them?

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
masseratti:
very convenient for you not to quote the full verse, the part of "arms were laid on the throne of the Lord ".
Amaleks attacked the isrealite without any provocation, that is not a religious war but a war between two Nations.

Oga, I don't know the version of Bible you are using, but the verse I quoted was not abridged, it's the full verse! And no where did I see any arms being laid down in my own Bible, maybe I need the Chinese version you are currently using.

Btw, what's your definition of religious war because you are already changing the goal post: a war in which a religious entity is deeply involved and which is faught in the name of that entity is a religious war.

2 Likes

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
OtemWonyahweh:

Hope you know how Christianity was popularised. Constantine and Eusebius killed thousands of other religious worshippers. The popes killed millions.

In the Bible also, Jehovah led war against those who don't serve him but other gods. Isn't that religious wars? Religion is a shame on humanity.

If anyone killed people, he doesn't have that instruction from Jesus. They are on their own.

Nowhere did Jehovah lead war against those who didn't serve him. Prove.
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Oga, I don't know the version of Bible you are using, but the verse I quoted was not abridged, it's the full verse! And no where did I see any arms being laid down in my own Bible, maybe I need the Chinese version you are currently using.

Btw, what's your definition of religious war because you are already changing the goal post: a war in which a religious entity is deeply involved and which is faught in the name of that entity is a religious war.

Religious war in terms of killing people because they don't believe in Yahweh.
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
I wonder why muslims are mute now and later they will say there are also religious war in the Bible. Smh!!!

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
truthmans2012:

Lol..I'm a bit bored.
So let's get to 1Kings 18:

Why did Elijah slaughter the prophets of Baal again?

Now go to Deut chapter 7 and read the entire chapter. The Israelites where commanded to wage war and destroy some nations which are listed in verse 1. Now pay more attention to verse 4, there you will see the reason they were to wage this 'holy war'. Also highlite verses 10 and 16.

I don't expect you to be sincere in you summary, but I'd love to read it anyway.

Now, go and study to show thyself approved.

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
Muslims and atheists !!!

grin grin grin
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 8:28am On Jul 18, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Lol..I'm a bit bored.
So let's get to 1Kings 18:

Why did Elijah slaughter the prophets of Baal again?

Now go to Deut chapter 7 and read the entire chapter. The Israelites where commanded to wage war and destroy some nations which are listed in verse 1. Now pay more attention to verse 4, there you will see the reason they were to wage this 'holy war'. Also highlite verses 10 and 16.

I don't expect you to be sincere in you summary, but I'd love to read it anyway.

Now, go and study to show thyself approved.

Elijah slaughtered the prophets of Baal because they were eating at Jezebel's table (1 Kings 18:19) and Jezebel decided to constitute herself as the enemy of God's prophets for no justifiable reason. She cut off prophets of God (1King 18:4) as a result of which Obadiah had to hide one hundred prophets of God in two caves.

Prophets of Baal deserved to be killed as accomplices of Jezebel, king Ahab's wife who was looking for the lives of God's prophets for no just cause.

That was not a religious war as Jezebel was a king's wife and she was just being wicked and was killing God's people for nothing. Nobody was into war with her on religious ground.

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 8:44am On Jul 18, 2016
^^Joker cheesycheesy

Okk, Deut chapter 7. Dont tell me its taking your all night an d all morning to come up with this!

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 8:56am On Jul 18, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
^^Joker cheesycheesy

Okk, Deut chapter 7. Dont tell me its taking your all night an d all morning to come up with this!

Lol !!!

I slept deep last night after my last post on this thread and never bothered to check it until this morning and I opened my Bible and replied you immediately.

Did you check the Bible references I gave? That is just the truth because it wasn't written for your or mine arguments.

What happened in Deut. chapter 7? Bring out your accusations so that I can know how to answer you.
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2016
But I posted my comment before your last post yesterday? Anyway...

truthmans2012:

What happened in Deut. chapter 7? Bring out your accusations so that I can know how to answer you.

truthmans2012:

MaziOmenuko:

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2016
MaziOmenuko

But I posted my comment before your last post yesterday? Anyway...

truthmans2012:

truthmans2012:

MaziOmenuko:

God commanded the Israelites to wage war against those mentioned nations because of their wickedness:

Deuteronomy 9:5
“It is anot for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm bthe 1oath which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 18, 2016
God Rescued The Israelite From Egypt And Promised Them A "Promise Land" Filled With Milk And Honey The Problem With The Promise Land Is That People Where Already Occupying It So What Do They Do?? THEY Have To Slaughter Everyone On Their Way!! To Snatch The Promise Land From Them @op Next Time U Are Creating A Thread Don't U Dare Relate Muslim With Atheist In short Don't Even Mention Atheist In Ur Post!!
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by MaziOmenuko: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

God commanded the Israelites to wage war against those mentioned nations because of their wickedness:

Deuteronomy 9:5
“It is anot for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm bthe 1oath which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Check your first post in this thread: you said "bring the verse and i will debunk it"

I quoted Deut 7, you are deviating to Deut 9. Please deal with the contents of the chapter I quoted first before digging up other chapters; Or is the chapter I quoted not part of the bible?
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Check your first post in this thread: you said "bring the verse and i will debunk it"

I quoted Deut 7, you are deviating to Deut 9. Please deal with the contents of the chapter I quoted first before digging up other chapters; Or is the chapter I quoted not part of the bible?

Is it not the same Deuteronomy? If God gives His reason in another Book, is it out of place since it is talking about the same incident, talkless of the same Book?

Friend, you have no point.

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
Elohim1:
God Rescued The Israelite From Egypt And Promised Them A "Promise Land" Filled With Milk And Honey The Problem With The Promise Land Is That People Where Already Occupying It So What Do They Do?? THEY Have To Slaughter Everyone On Their Way!! To Snatch The Promise Land From Them @op Next Time U Are Creating A Thread Don't U Dare Relate Muslim With Atheist In short Don't Even Mention Atheist In Ur Post!!

Who did they slaughter on their way who didn't deserve it?

God said the occupants of the promised land were wicked people, who didn't deserve to enjoy what they got on the land.
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

Who did they slaughter on their way who didn't deserve it?

God said the occupants of the promised land were wicked people, who didn't deserve to enjoy what they got on the land.
Yeah The People The Muslim Bomb To Are Believed To Be Wicked By The Muslims So Don't Complain Anytime U Hear A Bomb blast Cause If U Do Ill Be Quoting U With A Screen Shut Of This Chat!! Cause U Believe That The Children Babies And Pregnant Women In That Land Deserve To Die!! Tank You You Even Proved U Are Worst Than Them
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
Elohim1:

Yeah The People The Muslim Bomb To Are Believed To Be Wicked By The Muslims So Don't Complain Anytime U Hear A Bomb blast Cause If U Do Ill Be Quoting U With A Screen Shut Of This Chat!! Cause U Believe That The Children Babies And Pregnant Women In That Land Deserve To Die!! Tank You You Even Proved U Are Worst Than Them

What wickedness did the Christians killed by muslims commit? Lame talk !!!

God decided to exterminate them because of their wickedness, are their women and children not from the men? If they killed only the men and left the women and the children, would their wickedness not continue?
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
truthmans2012:

What wickedness did the Christians killed by muslims commit? Lame talk !!!

God decided to exterminate them because of their wickedness, are their women and children not from the men? If they killed only the men and left the women and the children, would their wickedness not continue?
What Wickedness Did The Occupant Of The Promise Land Commit?? "God Say" "God Say" "Muslims Say" "Muslims Say"
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
Elohim1:

What Wickedness Did The Occupant Of The Promise Land Commit?? "God Say" "God Say" "Muslims Say" "Muslims Say"

The people were committing sins (offences) that are not acceptable to any society then and today. God even warned the Israelites that if they commit similar sins, they will be dealt with the same way, meaning God wasn't partial. He has a standard that if not followed, will attract capital punishment. Please note that God didn't wake up in a day to render judgment on the people, it was after several warnings.

Read about everything you need to know here:

https://www.knowingthebible.net/the-extermination-of-the-canaanites
Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by oaroloye(m): 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
SHALOM!

Sorry to bring up this... stuff- but as a Christian, I believe that we have a Sacred Duty to tell the Truth, even though it makes things awkward for us.

(1) CAIN AND ABEL: The first Religious War in The Bible.

. GENESIS 4:1-16.

AND Adam knew Eve his wife;
and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said,
"I have gotten a man from the LORD."
2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
3. And in process of time it came to pass,
that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto The LORD.
4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof.
And The LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.
And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6. And The LORD said unto Cain,
“Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7. “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.”
8. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9. And The LORD said unto Cain,
"Where is Abel thy brother?"
And he said,
"I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"
10. And He said,
"What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11. "And now art thou cursed from the Earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12. "When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the Earth."
13. And Cain said unto The LORD,
"My Punishment is greater than I can bear.
14. "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the Earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."
15. And The LORD said unto him,
“Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, Vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And The LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16. And Cain went out from The Presence of The LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the East of Eden.

THIS WAS THE BADDEST WAR- 100% RELIGIOUSLY-MOTIVATED in the History of the Human Race!

25% of the Known Human Race was COMPLETELY ERADICATED!!!

[WHAT? Why are you looking at me like that]

1 Like

Re: No Religious Wars In The Bible: Bible Critics Shut Up !!! by truthmans2012: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Sorry to bring up this... stuff- but as a Christian, I believe that we have a Sacred Duty to tell the Truth, even though it makes things awkward for us.

(1) CAIN AND ABEL: The first Religious War in The Bible.

. GENESIS 4:1-16.

AND Adam knew Eve his wife;
and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said,
"I have gotten a man from the LORD."
2. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
3. And in process of time it came to pass,
that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto The LORD.
4. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof.
And The LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
5. But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.
And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6. And The LORD said unto Cain,
“Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7. “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.”
8. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
9. And The LORD said unto Cain,
"Where is Abel thy brother?"
And he said,
"I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"
10. And He said,
"What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11. "And now art thou cursed from the Earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12. "When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the Earth."
13. And Cain said unto The LORD,
"My Punishment is greater than I can bear.
14. "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the Earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."
15. And The LORD said unto him,
“Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, Vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And The LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16. And Cain went out from The Presence of The LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the East of Eden.

THIS WAS THE BADDEST WAR- 100% RELIGIOUSLY-MOTIVATED in the History of the Human Race!

25% of the Known Human Race was COMPLETELY ERADICATED!!!

[WHAT? Why are you looking at me like that]

How do you call this a religious war?

What was their religion?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Not Go To Hospitals To Heal The Sick There? / Christian Books Collections Free Downloads!!! / Atheists/theists: Is Morality Subjective Or Objective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.