Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again (10309 Views)

Kingsley Okechukwu Ogbodo Donates Football, Jerseys To Enugu Rangers. Photos / Parade Truck Used By Enugu Rangers During NPFL Trophy Display / The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by olaniyi0(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
WildChild00:
NPFL should be televise, to make it more accessable to football lovers, and even more investors to sponsor clubs, by doing so there would be more job openings for youths and even bigger sign-up fee would be attacted.
sorry bro, we're in NIGERIA
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by meccuno: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
olaniyi0:
sorry bro, we're in NIGERIA
but i watch some of the matches on super sport 9.....i even watched the rangers versus akwa united game.... i think football in nigeria on the local scene has improved tremendously........i rep Eyimba though.....and i think they are in contention......there are three teams in it....rivers,rangers and eyimba...the rest should wait for next year grin

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by DrinkWater10: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
stansaintly:
My club na Enyimba but them no put smile on my face the day them play MFM. The money wey I spend that day just dey vex me cos I carry some friends go Agege stadium with de hope say na 3 point. Chai! I wan faint that day as mfm hit our post.
My guy enyimba alsi had their chances thar day. Only 3SC have beaten MFM in Agege this season.
BTW Enyimba are just six points behind Rangers with two games in hand.
Have yoy seen our new UMBRO kits?
E fine pass Barcelona own sef.
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by DrinkWater10: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
festusbarry:

uncle 10 games to go. Wiki fc is out of de league, 36 games to be played not 38
Giwa fc is out of the league bro, not Wiki Tourists.
Wiki are contenders for the title.
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by DrinkWater10: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
WildChild00:
NPFL should be televise, to make it more accessable to football lovers, and even more investors to sponsor clubs, by doing so there would be more job openings for youths and even bigger sign-up fee would be attacted.
Three NPFL matches were live on SuperSports this weekend wht didnt you watch any?
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by olaniyi0(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
meccuno:
but i watch some of the matches on super sport 9.....i even watched the rangers versus akwa united game.... i think football in nigeria on the local scene has improved tremendously........i rep Eyimba though.....and i think they are in contention......there are three teams in it....rivers,rangers and eyimba...the rest should wait for next year grin
i only hate our league cuz they beat refs and only home teams win mostly, even MFM can beat Eyimba at home. but look at Zamalek they proof what professional leagues are coming to 9ja n killing our champion
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by kjhova(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
This season's title is effectively going to be a two-way contest between Enyimba and Rangers as soon as Enyimba complete and get the expected results in their outstanding 2 matches. Rivers Utd, Wikki Tourists & Kano Pillars will compete adequately for the remaining top 4 spots. My opinion, of course, is that ultimately Enyimba will retain the title.

1 Like

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Pls are the last game of enyimba in the caf
PROVERBZ:
[I]NYC one dis are the type of threads I love to see on front page, dis great victory against kano pillars would be a huge boost for enyimba in the up coming caf champions league games am so happy sundowns beat zamalek and I hope the repeat that feet at home to make things easier for enyimba[/I]
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by DrinkWater10: 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
Oma307:
Pls are the last game of enyimba in the caf
Sundowns at home
Zamalek away
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by kjhova(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
olaniyi0:
i only hate our league cuz they beat refs and only home teams win mostly, even MFM can beat Eyimba at home. but look at Zamalek they proof what professional leagues are coming to 9ja n killing our champion

Your statement above is not very fair as it is not a correct representation of the reality of our league. Just like ex-PM David Cameron's "fantastically corrupt" tag, you may be referring to the past and not the present as I can categorically assure you that the NPFL has seen tremendous improvement since the LMC took over.

In 226 matches played so far this season, only 2 witnessed crowd disturbance (one of which was by Giwa FC folks who have now been expelled from the league). There has also been an average of 1 away win per week and many draws so your suggestion of straight wins for home teams is also not correct.

Finally, yes MFM can beat Enyimba. This is a plus for our league and not a minus as it clearly shows the stiff competition in the league. I am sure that you don't want the NPFL to turn into another La Liga or SPL where Madrid & Barca or Celtic & Rangers will win the title into perpetuity!!

1 Like

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by P0intBlank(m): 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:

You meant to say they're relegating?
U're mean sha grin. The Nigerian league is unique (the gap between 4th placed and the relegation zone is just 10 pts, a couple of wins and they will be vying for a continental ticket)
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by P0intBlank(m): 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
festusbarry:

uncle 10 games to go. Wiki fc is out of de league, 36 games to be played not 38

It's Giwa FC not Wiki
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
P0intBlank:

U're mean sha grin. The Nigerian league is unique (the gap between 4th placed and the relegation zone is just 10 pts, a couple of wins and they will be vying for a continental ticket)
It's a good thing you first acknowledged the uniqueness of the Nigerian league........taking cognizance of the fact that other teams wouldn't be sleeping, they would win at home at all cost.
We know how it goes, 10games left is technically 5games left, the other 5 are home games formalities.
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by saintdennis(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
write2obi:
The flying antelopes clearly the most prestigious club in Nigeria, we've waited so long for a season like this, it's finally happening cheesy . Imama Amapakabo, the coaching staffs and the playing staffs are doing a terrific job, make us proud guys.

Prestigious for where? Abeggiii. Rangers, 3sc, iwayanwu/heartland, insurance are all old glory.

kano pillars and enyimba are the best clubs since year 2000. tongue

New prestige!
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by saintdennis(m): 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
kjhova:
This season's title is effectively going to be a two-way contest between Enyimba and Rangers as soon as Enyimba complete and get the expected results in their outstanding 2 matches. Rivers Utd, Wikki Tourists & Kano Pillars will compete adequately for the remaining top 4 spots. My opinion, of course, is that ultimately Enyimba will retain the title.

Korrect guy u know ball.

The wahala with africa is this continental competitions.
That is how It killed pirates bid to retain their league crown 2years ago.

It should b mid-week so clubs don't have as much as 5games in hand(enyimba had 4 in hand @ one point this season)

These 2 extra games puts more pressure on enyimba.

By the way how come everyone beats akwa @ that stadium? Lol
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by PROVERBZ(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
hhehehehe so true but it would be nice to see rangers come second sha dats after my darling club enyimba bcuz if the get a continental ticket wit their large fan base and games played at nyt!!! DAT champions league feeling.. I think DAT would be a plus to our league and it would make the caf champions league more interesting to watch
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by PROVERBZ(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2016
saintdennis:

Korrect guy u know ball.

It should b mid-week so clubs don't have as much as 5games in hand(enyimba had 4 in hand @ one point this season)

lol u noticed to almost every one beats akwa united at the nest of champions , left to me I would blame the fans, come on with such standard facility what does it take to come out and support ur team
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by kjhova(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
P0intBlank:

The Nigerian league has traditionally been this competitive and the gap between the top and bottom sides have always been slim. This is due to the fact that almost all the clubs have similar ownership (state government parastatals) and similar budget profile. The resultant effect is that the squads are almost always of similar strength or at least within meagre range of each other in terms of quality. Not to waste your time further, just imagine the NPFL as a league with 20 Watford FCs!! Same budget, same player quality, same pool for sourcing new players.

So until club ownership become largely private and varied, the competition will remain as it is, which is not such a bad thing if you ask me. I really don't want the NPFL to become a La Liga or SPL.

1 Like

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by olaniyi0(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
kjhova:

Your statement above is not very fair as it is not a correct representation of the reality of our league. Just like ex-PM David Cameron's "fantastically corrupt" tag, you may be referring to the past and not the present as I can categorically assure you that the NPFL has seen tremendous improvement since the LMC took over.

In 226 matches played so far this season, only 2 witnessed crowd disturbance (one of which was by Giwa FC folks who have now been expelled from the league). There has also been an average of 1 away win per week and many draws so your suggestion of straight wins for home teams is also not correct.

Finally, yes MFM can beat Enyimba. This is a plus for our league and not a minus as it clearly shows the stiff competition in the league. I am sure that you don't want the NPFL to turn into another La Liga or SPL where Madrid & Barca or Celtic & Rangers will win the title into perpetuity!!
lies, dis week na only 1 away win, i think 3 draws
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by olaniyi0(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
kjhova:

and also eyimba wants to dominate now like celtic
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by PROVERBZ(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
DrinkWater10:

My guy enyimba alsi had their chances thar day. Only 3SC have beaten MFM in Agege this season.
BTW Enyimba are just six points behind Rangers with two games in hand.
Have yoy seen our new UMBRO kits?
E fine pass Barcelona own sef.
[b] bro u are so in point de new umbro kit is a knife wonderful design the only turn of tho is that its go no sponsors to bad for such a team if u ask me
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by nifton(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
I miss Friday night soccer via Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium and I sincerely wish The FQ in 32 years inspite of being a fan of Peoples elephant. I will ever be grateful to coal city for shaping me. Hope to be back to celebrate the league if Ranger becomes THE CHAMPIONS.
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by saintdennis(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
PROVERBZ:
lol u noticed to almost every one beats akwa united at the nest of champions , left to me I would blame the fans, come on with such standard facility what does it take to come out and support ur team

I actually don't even know why they call the stadium 'nest of champions" lol

I watched enyimba play them and I kept wondering if enyimba were the home team, the coach needs to go.

The fans will only come if there's proper management I really hope govts privatise /sell off these clubs to real businessmen so they get competitive.

Besides ifeanyi ubah, kano pillars ,mfm and enyimba I don't know any other well run club.

Imagine ikorodu united playing home games @ agege lmao.

I think maybe clubs beat akwa cos of the sweet turf?
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by P0intBlank(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:

It's a good thing you first acknowledged the uniqueness of the Nigerian league........taking cognizance of the fact that other teams wouldn't be sleeping, they would win at home at all cost.
We know how it goes, 10games left is technically 5games left, the other 5 are home games formalities.

I understand but this season has been different. We've had a lot of away wins.

2 Likes

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by Handsomecole(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
Yeah! Can't wait for my darling Rangers to life the trophy.

1 Like

Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
P0intBlank:

I understand but this season has been different. We've had a lot of away wins.
Away wins from the good teams against relegation threatened teams like Heartland, Ikorodu and Shooting
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by kjhova(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
saintdennis:

Korrect guy u know ball.

Bro, Akwa Utd has lost 3 home games this season out of 13, the most in the league so far. However, this is where statistics can be funny;

Heartland, Ikorodu Utd, Warri wolves, 3SC and Abia Warriors have all lost 2 games each at home this season. Despite the record 3 home losses, Akwa Utd is not the club that has dropped the most points at home. Ikorodu Utd and Abia Warriors have dropped 18pts and 14pts at home respectively compared to Akwa Utd who have only dropped 13pts at home thus far. Plateau Utd and Heartland are not far behind with 12pts dropped at home to date.

Apparently Akwa Utd's home record is not as horrible as it appears on first glance. All said, I do agree that the away record of ALL the sides in the NPFL remain appalling. Many are quick to ascribe this phenomenon to match fixing and poor officiating however we who watch the league know that this is not exactly the case unless you want to claim that all 380 matches of the NPFL season are fixed or manipulated.

My opinion is that it is the result of a long etched mentality in our players, managers, officials and fans alike that there's no hope in expecting results away so no need to even try so much.
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by fazioclassic: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
DrinkWater10:
Yea, kids like you rather watch Nickelodeon.

lmao
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by tizblink: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2016
valiantheartprod:
Where is rivers united, i mean what position are they

3rd!
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by DrinkWater10: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
kjhova:

Bro, Akwa Utd has lost 3 home games this season out of 13, the most in the league so far. However, this is where statistics can be funny;

Heartland, Ikorodu Utd, Warri wolves, 3SC and Abia Warriors have all lost 2 games each at home this season. Despite the record 3 home losses, Akwa Utd is not the club that has dropped the most points at home. Ikorodu Utd and Abia Warriors have dropped 18pts and 14pts at home respectively compared to Akwa Utd who have only dropped 13pts at home thus far. Plateau Utd and Heartland are not far behind with 12pts dropped at home to date.

Apparently Akwa Utd's home record is not as horrible as it appears on first glance. All said, I do agree that the away record of ALL the sides in the NPFL remain appalling. Many are quick to ascribe this phenomenon to match fixing and poor officiating however we who watch the league know that this is not exactly the case unless you want to claim that all 380 matches of the NPFL season are fixed or manipulated.

My opinion is that it is the result of a long etched mentality in our players, managers, officials and fans alike that there's no hope in expecting results away so no need to even try so much.
Enyimba s overall record last season was near perfect.
No home loses.
Best defence in the league
Only 3 loses out of 38 fixtures.
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by Ebenezerk2: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
So, we have a Brazilian Player in Nigeria league, that's great
Re: NPFL Wk 2&: Enugu Rangers Reclaims Top Spot, As Enyimba Beats Kano Pillars Again by PROVERBZ(m): 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ebenezerk2:
So, we have a Brazilian Player in Nigeria league, that's great
bro not just 1 abt five if am correct all thanks to chief ifeanyi ubah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HiFL 2019: UNILORIN, OAU, LASU, UNICAL, UNIBEN, Others Advance to Quarter Final / Table-Tennis Sensation, Taiwo Mati Gets ITTF Scholarship (pix) / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.