Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

3 Ways To Avoid Conflict In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Ways To Avoid Conflict In Marriage (519 Views)

61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / Managing Conflict In Marriage / New Study On How To Avoid Adultery In Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Avoid Conflict In Marriage by johnakworld(m): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2016
Marriage is the coming together between male and female, there is no way to avoid conflict in marriage. One major question you should ask is: how will you deal with it?

Conflict is common to all marriages. Like I earlier said before two different people are involved in marriage, this two people with selfish minded came from a different backgrounds and personalities. Now add some bad habits and idiosyncrasies, throw in a bunch of expectations, and them turn up the heat a little with a daily trials of life. Guess what would happened? You are bound to have conflict. It's unavoidable.

Very marriage has its tensions, the major question is not to avoid them when it comes but how you can handle them. Conflict can lead to a process that develops oneness or the other way round. You and your spouse must choose how you will act when conflict occurs.

(1) CONTROLING CONFLICT REQUIRE SELF

Two people that came from a different background came to Union as husband and wife, Men are logical and the ladied are emotional now ladies have the ability to talk, they can talk and talk and never get tired, for example when the wife left for work in the morning time and later return by evening, the man ask? Sweet heart! How was work today? The woman's respon! Fine, do you know what happened to me today? Some body insulted my mum, a lady slapped me today on my way to my office, I was having tuning stomach this afternoon, she will keep on talking, as a good husband you must listen to her to avoid conflict.
Men are logical, they don't talk too much, now for example,, the men left for work in the morning and later came back during evening time, a wife ask! Honey how was work today? Husband answer! Fine just like that.

(2) CONTROLLING CONFLICT ALSO REQUIRES KNOWING, ACCEPTING, AND ADJUSTING YOUR DIFFERENCES

One major reason we have conflict in marriage is that opposite attract.
When a task oriented individual married someone who is more oriented. People who move through life at breakneck speed seem to end up with spouses who are slower paced. It's strange, but that's part of the reason why you married who you did. Your spouse added a variety, spice, and difference to your life that it didn't have before. But after being married for a while, some times a very short while, the attractions become repellents. You may argue over small irritations such as how to properly wash with a little soap or over major difference in handling finances or raising children. You may find that your backgrounds and your personalities are so different that you wonder why God placed you together in the first place.

(3) CONTROLLING CONFLICT ALSO REQUIRES DEFEATING SELFISHNESS.

Two people beginning their marriage together and trying to get their own selfish, separate ways can never hope to experience the oneness of marriage as God intended. Marriage offers a tremendous opportunity to do something about selfishness. We have seen the Bible has helped us to get

For more information visit
www.peaceconflictmanagement.com
Re: 3 Ways To Avoid Conflict In Marriage by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 18, 2016
op... from experience.... some people go into marriage out of desperation... while some also very deceitful especially the ladies in order to bear (Mrs)

in the other hand some men don't tell their potential wife the truth especially his financial capability hence when they start living together everything will be exposed

A house that was built on faulty foundation will eventually collapse

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Only Barbara Bush Jr! / How Can A Wife Submit To Her Husband Totally.... / Pdhometutors - Your Trusted Home Tutors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.