Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:32 PM

African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent (1199 Views)

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by shegfun(m): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2016
The dream of visa-free Africa for Africa citizens is becoming a reality as African leaders gathered at Rwanda's capital Kigali for their biannual meeting with the launch of the continent's first-ever African e-passport.

The Chairperson of the African Union Commission (AUC) Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma announced the launch and presented the first two e-passports to rotating AU chairperson Idriss Deby, President of the Republic of Chad, and President of Rwanda Paul Kagame at the opening ceremony of the 27th ordinary session of the AU Heads of States.
A statement by AU before the commencement of ongoing summit stated that, “ the flagship project, first agreed upon in 2014, falls squarely within the framework of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and has the specific aim of facilitating free movement of persons, goods and services around the continent - in order to foster intra-Africa trade, integration and socio-economic development.”

According to AU, the first group of beneficiaries of the e-passport will include AU heads of state and government; ministers of foreign affairs; and permanent representatives of AU member states based at the AU Headquarters in Addis Ababa.

Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2016
The population of igbos in Nigeria will reduce drastically because they will all be running to South Africa. Nice Job by Buhari/Osibanjo this is Change.

1 Like

Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by Mille: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2016
Hahaha.

South Africa and Botswana I hail o.

Morroco is seeking to rejoin. What a nice destination for our brothers in the North.
Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by shegfun(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2016
Mille:
Hahaha.

South Africa and Botswana I hail o.

Morroco is seeking to rejoin. What a nice destination for our brothers in the North.

grin grin grin
Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by vocalprince(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
The speed wey I won take enter SA or another country go pass Usain Bolt own.

Massive Emigration to HIT Buhari,....[s][/s], Nigeria in less than 2years
Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by taiyesoul(f): 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
worldmoney:
The population of igbos in Nigeria will reduce drastically because they will all be running to South Africa. Nice Job by Buhari/Osibanjo this is Change.

Yes!.Henry Okah's base na
Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by Luvlydevin(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
+
Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by shegfun(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
vocalprince:
The speed wey I won take enter SA or another country go pass Usain Bolt own.

Massive Emigration to HIT Buhari,....[s][/s], Nigeria in less than 2years

Well done ooooo......... i dey hail
Re: African Union Unveils E-passport In Kigali…heralding Visa-free Continent by vocalprince(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
shegfun:

Well done ooooo......... i dey hail

Guy, wetin I go do na?? Na me go first port enter another place sef.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Linz: Tuition Fees And Cost Of Living / UAE 3 Months Visa For Nigerians Still Stands / No Social Distancing In Lagos This Morning; Ikorodu BRT Terminal. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.