Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week (14831 Views)

Naira Depreciates Marginally Against Dollar / CBN Offers $367m For Forex Forwards / Naira Depreciates To N355/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by tivta(m): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
Wonderful
Just wonderful

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Mimisboygreat: 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
AS HARD AS IT MAY SOUND, NIGERIA IS BEGINNING TO CRIPPLE. WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS? ECONOMY DWINDLING DAY IN DAY OUT. BABA GOD NA UR HAND WE DY O
Victorakats:
N
WHY ALWAYS U? LOL grin
MissShakara:
Ftp
PLS WHAT IS FTP?

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Victorakats(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
AS HARD AS IT MAY SOUND, NIGERIA IS BEGINNING TO CRIPPLE. WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS? ECONOMY DWINDLING DAY IN DAY OUT. BABA GOD NA UR HAND WE DY O WHY ALWAYS U? LOL ;DPLS WHAT IS FTP?

Learning how to book space before airing your views because not everyone may have the patience to view page two and three of a particular thread..
Hope you understand though.. Lol
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by MakeWeTalk: 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
Una carry man wey na cattle ein sabi make president.

Well suffer am all now!

THE CHANGE IS HERE! grin grin grin grin

PS
FTP na FronT Page
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by agitator: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
veekid:
This kinda news will never cease to exist so far buhari is still the president

Please, I am looking for that Tbaba guy oh, he knows where the naira appreciated against the dollar. People should point him to this post - Thanks shocked shocked shocked
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by agitator: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
veekid:
This kinda news will never cease to exist so far buhari is still the president

Please, I am looking for Tbaba1234, passingshot, dabuilt, 989900, blackmarket, martineverest, pentiumpro these guys know where the naira appreciated against the dollar. People should help a brother and point them to this post - Thanks shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Mimisboygreat: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Victorakats:

Learning how to book space before airing your views because not everyone may have the patience to view page two and three of a particular thread..
Hope you understand though.. Lol
YEAH I DO, I WAS ONCE A SPACE BOOKER. I CATCH FUN QUOTING THERE FULLSTOP OF A THING grin grin. LEMME GO AND CONTINUE MY SEARCH FOR THEM. LOL
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Remii(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
tafrica:
While inflation has just risen to 16.5%, Naira keeps dropping. What do we need to keep Naira stable, WE hailed china swap deal, claiming it would help Naira, we recently cheered CBN's decision to float Naira, yet we haven't seen Naira rising. Whateven GEJ's or GMB's omen that saw Naira appreciating, light improving etc when Buhari just took over should be brought back.

Who will stop ever widening parallel lines between Naira and dollar? Seems not Buhari, baba is playing raffle draw with our economy

delayed response from CBN to float the Naira because of PMB is a bad situation but the Naira will not get better until Nigerians change their taste for foreign items. We spent our forex importing food and drinks that have alternatives locally, according to data shared on Channels Televison this morning. Forex is a matter of demand and supply, demand is up because summer holiday makers and school fees payment coupled with importation of food and drinks, Buhari cannot influence that.
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by legendte(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2016
This clueless regime should refocus their tools.
Nigeria is burning and Buhari chose to pursue rats.
They seem to have understood how the zombies reason, they will release news of another yam eater to distract well meaning Nigerians and zombies will masturbate with the news.
Corruption war is lopsided.
Appointments are lopsided.
Economy is heading south.
This government is creating another monster in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by MakeWeTalk: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by lomprico(m): 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
emerged01:
Frontpage without single comment
because its a national emergency
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
On the other thread Koolking told me it is only minority of Nigerians that were eating fat from the past government that are complaining now
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by tbaba1234: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
agitator:

Please, I am looking for Tbaba1234, passingshot, dabuilt, 989900, blackmarket, martineverest, pentiumpro these guys know where the naira appreciated against the dollar. People should help a brother and point them to this post - Thanks shocked shocked shocked

I have no problem with the devaluation of the Naira. I am more worried that the CBN interference in what is supposed to be a free float.
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by onatisi(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
AroOkigbo:
Dollars, abeg, for the sake of the ordinary Nigerians, pity the naira. ..you hear?
e do!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by onatisi(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nigerians will learn the bitter truth and bitter lessons the bitter way.
Why is no one shouting sai Baba again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by obiageIi(f): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
Just a bit more.
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
The problem is...we are not earning enough forex.

And the road to earning forex is by being a manufacturing society. No two ways about it. Oil dependency is not getting us anywhere.
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
onatisi:
Nigerians will learn the bitter truth and bitter lessons the bitter way.
Why is no one shouting sai Baba again

when Onatisi speaks, the wise listens!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by frisky2good(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
With Buhari in power, I doubt it

olive2000:
When will I hear good news about Naira and Dollar issues undecided
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by onatisi(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ezechinwa:

when Onatisi speaks, the wise listens!!!
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by forkadict(m): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Oh Lord, in your hands do we commit our souls as a nation. Forgive us our trespass of voting this disappointment of a President. But it's not as if Jonathan was an option either!

Oh Lord why have you set up this nation so? Please help us break this jinx of KHAKISTOCRACY.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by fdnoble2(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
400billionman:
Infact i blame Jonathan.. grin
why do u blame jonathan
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by Monlo(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2016
No wonder GTBank charged me $1to #339 this week,unlike before now that it was #330,when i did import a few things.La waoooooo
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by 989900E: 7:37am On Jul 21, 2016
agitator:

989900:
The new CBN policy to float the Naira 'sort of', can either turn to be a good thing, or a bad thing.

In this breakdown, I'll like to omit the hue: "appointed primary dealers" . . ..

Pros:

1. The new policy will foster Forex inflow through FDIs, both portfolio (some rules need to be set for those as regards withdrawal) and long term investors.

2. It will lead to less hoarding (which is one of the major albatross of the Naira) if managed right.

3. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the CBN will furnish it with far better supply than it has been doing lately.

4. It will lead to an even more appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the CBN can implement the 'Boyo' approach by implementing 'dollar certificates' in payments to governmental organs.

5. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the dollar weakens and oil prices keep going north of $50 along with increase in national production.

6. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the Mining/Agric/manufacturing/export sector are well funded with Forex, low interest loans, and industry growth enabling laws.

7. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if reasonable stable power supply can be sustained.

8. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if we can get our refineries working at near top capacity.

9. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the current transparency, prudence, and accountability campaign can be sustained along with recovered Forex loots.

10. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if reasonable/sustainable foreign withdrawal limits are set on Naira ATM cards.

11. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if the population can be educated on the need to patronize Nigerian made goods and services.

12. It will lead to appreciable value of the Naira in both the inter-bank and BM rates, if ultimately, the CBN can abort its criminal ways (I still wonder why banks are allowed to keep over 20 billion dollars cash money in their vaults without enough CRR nor SLR to back it up, or do they?).

The Cons:

Just flip the 'pros' on its head, and you'll have anarchy: demise of the Naira. shocked
Re: Naira Depreciates As $697m Forwards Mature This Week by grandstar(m): 7:58am On Mar 07, 2017
When will they allow a free float of the naira? Thats the real solution to the forex shortages

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtbank Wins Nigeria’s Best Bank & MD Named CEO Of The Year / OPEC Agrees To Cut Production; Oil Prices Surge / Security Tips For The Christmas Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.