Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men (1946 Views)

Why Is It Hard To Find Trusted People To Transact Business Online This Day / SEE The Top 10 Richest Igbo Men In Nigeria (photos) / Are Igbos The Smartest People In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
I dont know why the inflate the prices of all their goods.
They will tell you they buy their goods at cheaper prices less than what they are offering you. But its all lies.

Even fellow igbos will tell you they prefer doing business with other tribes.

Recently my friend who went to an igbo cobbler to repair her shoes complained bitterly about how he charged her so high and swore never to return there.
But what perturbed me was the way she stressed his "igboness" as being the major reason for his greed and she is igbo too. To add, she said its rare to find an honest igbo man.

Sounds like a stereotype? But that has been my experience too with igbo people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Mskrisx(f): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nne don't start u hear smiley everyone ain't same...some people are different and good.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by MasterJayJay: 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Where you forced to do business with an Igbo man? undecided

Mind yourself biko.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
Mskrisx:
Nne don't start u hear smiley everyone ain't same...some people are different and good.

Can you deny that most dishonest traders are igbos?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by bentlywills(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
No man can trusted : be it Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba

We re all humans

Even u sef Op..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
bcoz of loan.
Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by bammy00(m): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
It's negative sentiments like this that rub off on honest Igbo traders and businessmen. I have done business with some easterners and have hardly been shortchanged.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
The igbos should not be derided, they have been pushed to the wall hence the vices attributed to them. This country needs restructuring so all groups can find their mojo and move on to greatness.

The enemies of a better and workable union are up north, lets face them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Huasamafia1: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Its jealousy wey dey worry them . Igbo this Igbo that. What they want is Biafra simple. God willing them go get am

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by ogawisdom(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
What of Buhari dt lied his way to Aso rock, u trust him abi. Op better shut up and close this useless thread. angry
Igbos are d greatest tribe in naija dts y every Nigerian trebble when Biafra is mentioned.

By d way I think u need a brain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
bammy00:
It's negative sentiments like this that rub off on honest Igbo traders and businessmen. I have done business with some easterners and have hardly been shortchanged.
Me too but the majority are nothing to write home about. They dont spare no one, even their brothers and sisters.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by madridguy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
mydn44 your attention is urgently needed.

Close this thread to avoid e-war.

ONE NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
madridguy:

ONE NIGERIA.

You ONE unnegotiated NIGERIA?

Please be specific.
Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
madridguy:

ONE NIGERIA.

undecided

Is this not an issue worthy of discussion?
Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2016
is this thread necessary
there are dishonest people everywhere, that more igbo men are into buisness does not make more igbos dishonest
this thread is uncalled for
please stop stereotyping a whole tribe because of some peoples action

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by KevinDein: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
Alcatraz001:
The igbos should not be derided, they have been pushed to the wall hence the vices attributed to them. This country needs restructuring so all groups can find their mojo and move on to greatness.

The enemies of a better and workable union are up north, lets face them.
excellent point.
The northerners are responsible for igbos criminal ways. And here I am thinking I've heard it all.
Is one thing to be a criminal, it is another thing entirely to blame someone else for your criminal ways. You igbos have sank so low.
*spits*
Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2016
KevinDein:
excellent point.
The northerners are responsible for igbos criminal ways. And here I am thinking I've heard it all.
Is one thing to be a criminal, it is another thing entirely to blame someone else for your criminal ways. You igbos have sank so low.
*spits*

Firstly, i am not igbo so quit the insult. Secondly, dont you think Nigeria should let this people go if they shame us so much?

I am sick and tired of the situation of this country and i hold the north entirely responsible. The liberation of the south is at hand though. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by coolzeal(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
Igbo this, Igbo that embarassed embarassed..... omo I don tire for this country ooh. But one thing is certain for real, I love my tribe and feel very proud about it... #TeamIgbo.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Oksman(m): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Stupedinluv:

undecided

Is this not an issue worthy of discussion?

This is a senseless thread, an affront on a tribe it should be taken down immediately! my question to the op is this, because you had some bad exp with some ibos does not justify these thread, there are dishonest people in every tribe in nigeria! Again, are they responsible for the rape of our commonwealth which has been ongoing since independence which tribe take the gold trophy for that? it is people like you who are dishonest in thought
that accuse others unnecesarily.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by Touchey: 1:25am On Jul 19, 2016
People with big boobs can't be trusted. You have big boobs
Re: Why Are Igbos The Least Trusted People In Nigeria? Esp Igbo Men by puskin: 1:39am On Jul 19, 2016
This thread is misleading and has the capability to bring about a tribal arguement/conflict and is indirect violation of rule 2.

(1)

Shocking! Igbo Businessman Strips Unclad To Curse Rich Man Owing Him Money / Carport canopy In Abuja And Environs / Good Business One Can Invest In within FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.