Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship (15548 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi Supports The Establishment Of Fulani Ranches In Yoruba Land / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / Oluwo Akanbi Visits House Of Representatives Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 19, 2016
Pilate2016:
The gods that told him that are high on weeds.

The Oluwo himself is a typical American negro, he probably smokes high grade sensimilla several times daily.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Pilate2016(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2016
Raydos:
the person that says the truth is always the enemy of all.

so y0u're comparing china with nigeria?

you maybe wearing a jean and god can still be happy with you - and i might do the same thing, and god can make me suffer for years.

just because china worships idol & they're successful, doesn't mean nigeria will do the same thing and be successful.

read your bible and you'll understand.
That means God is biased and unjust.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by iamord(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2016
toyetade:
WAO This is the first time we are hearing this from a King in Nigeria. Most King in Nigeria are idol worshippers. God bless you my King. You will bless you like He bless King Solomon
I guess you don't know that king Solomon was a sting occult... My people are mentally weak
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Odgfidelity(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2016
If you take to account the history of the so called 'developed countries', it will surprise you to discover the exploits that have been wrought long time ago by people who feared God and honour His governing factor. Take USA for example, use your 'spiritometer' to check the rate of its leaders' spirituality, and you will see the difference when compared with Africa, the land of the black race. Great men of God have emerged, some served in the government house, some became presidents. Even though I do not subscribe to the notion that religion is the real determinant for a nation's development, however you cannot reject the fact that many laws have been violated, of which their consequences are now contributing to the backwardness of this race. You must understand that some people have lived, and polluted the race by idol worship, evil bloody covenants. It takes God to purge and purify the race.
Another thing that must be embraced is strategic personal development of individuals. Everyone must labour to contribute to the development of the environment. We all possess the key to changing our nation, not just our leaders. They are only there to harness resources. Fulfil your own part of the work and you will see change.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by elmisti(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2016
smartsammie:

What is this one saying?? What the Ooni has done in ife so far is better than all what Aregbesola has done for Osun State..

If person talk now. i reserve further comments.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2016
iamord:
I guess you don't know that king Solomon was a sting occult... My people are mentally weak

You may be mentally weak but if you know your bible King Solomon is still the wisest and the richest man in the bible
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Welcomme: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2016
The oluwo od Iwo must b mad
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by olalekan1(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2016
This is an example of a confused King. Worship anything you like, just don't inconvenient another person.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by iamord(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2016
toyetade:

You may be mentally weak but if you know your bible King Solomon is still the wisest and the richest man in the bible
and so?!... You see you don't get the point. How did that stop him from being am occult. There is a difference between what you were told and the reality on ground.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Meritocracy: 10:25am On Jul 19, 2016
This is what you get when you make someone who doesn't know culture and traditional and didn't grow up with you a king. He would never know the value.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2016
iamord:
and so?!... You see you don't get the point. How did that stop him from being am occult. There is a difference between what you were told and the reality on ground.

Jobless one
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by iamord(m): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2016
toyetade:

Jobless one
a brainwashed fool like his Oba grin
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by tola268: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:
The Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi, has blamed the economic crisis facing the nation on his colleagues (monarchs), who he accused of worshiping idols instead of God Almighty.
Oba Akanbi, who said this in an interview with our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday, stated that the current economic crisis facing Nigeria was more of a spiritual problem.

The Oluwo said God told him that the suffering confronting Nigerians was as a result of idol worshipping allegedly practised by many monarchs in the country.

“God himself told me to check the cause of Nigeria’s problem in the books of Kings in the Bible. I am a Muslim and this is not in the Quran; so God asked me to check it in the Bible and read how God punished Israelites with famine and sword whenever any of their kings turned to idol worshiping.

“God said this is what is happening in Nigeria now because many kings are into idol worshiping. That is why I want the President to invite all monarchs in Nigeria to a meeting and ask everyone of us to renounce idol worshiping.”

“I am not into idol worshiping and I will never go into it. God has given me authority; when I say a thing, it happens because of the authority God has given me.”
The Oluwo warned that God would begin to punish any recalcitrant king, saying such could be visited with death or could be turned into animals, like King Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible.

Oba Akanbi, who said all monarchs were occupying their stools as representatives of God, added that engaging in idol worshiping was tantamount to denigrating the name of God, who enthroned them.
He said idol worshiping was the reason monarchs were no longer accorded the kind of respect they naturally deserved.

“The reason spiritual leaders such as Pastor ( E.A) Adeboye and Bishop ( David) Oyedepo are far more respected than many monarchs is because they stand for God and do not worship idol,” he added.

The monarch appealed to President Muhammadu Buahari to invite all monarchs in the country to a meeting and urge them to renounce idol worshiping, saying the nation would begin to experience a turnaround the moment that was done.

http://punchng.com/oluwo-blames-monarchs-nations-economic-woes/
That is your own opinion oba, either we christianise or lslamise Nigeria, Nigeria will continue to face economic problem until capitalist idea is totally eradicated
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by neocortex: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2016
Please, who made this man a king ?
I propose cultural evaluation test for all would be kings.
I won't be surprised if this man gather all the artefacts in
his palace and set fire on them.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by neocortex: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2016
Raydos:
the person that says the truth is always the enemy of all.

so y0u're comparing china with nigeria?

you maybe wearing a jean and god can still be happy with you - and i might do the same thing, and god can make me suffer for years.

just because china worships idol & they're successful, doesn't mean nigeria will do the same thing and be successful.

read your bible and you'll understand.

Are you saying that "god" has no principle ?
Mental slavery at its peak!
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Deen77: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:

I found that article very funny and ridiculous too. I began to wonder why an Oba would be reasoning like a 4year old kid .

When you need to say something and you have nothing to say.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by pwingtech(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
Your highness,if you must blame the country's economic crisis on our spiritual practices ,you must blame it in our acceptance of foreign gods in gauze of religions and the rejection of the gods of our forefathers and not the other way round.Take a look at Japan,india,China and etc.Why is keeping faith in their ancestral gods not bringing them down?I use to think that traditional rulers are custodians of our culture and traditions.Why do you talk this way?
We must purge ourselves of this mental slavery of anything from the white coloured skin 'good' & anything from the 'black'coloured skin bad. Let us learn to respect our ancestry and it shall be well with us in thes e lands of our forefathers Africa .But if we continue to rubbish them the way we do,we should not forget that one day we shall become one and our children's children will rubish us too.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by brojoshua: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
First God said that anyone who has not come to true faith in God through Christ Jesus should believe in Christ Jesus the Son of God and the Saviour of the world and the only Saviour. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. He who believes in God through Christ and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Jesus says, Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. And He is true.
So let the king believe Christ Jesus the only begotten Son of God who was crucified for the sin of the world and God will save him into the eternal kingdom of His Son Jesus Christ from condemnation and everlasting destruction. And if he believe in Him Jesus that He is the Lord and confess with his mouth, if he truly believe in his heart that Jesus is the Son of God, then let him present himself to a true and faithful servant of Christ to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ and then let him join any assembly of true and faithful christains ( that is wherever two or three or more true and faithful brethren or christains are gathered together and worship God in spirit and truth) to worship God the only true and living God with them and for fellowship, wherever he has opportunity. Blessed is he who hears the word of God and keeps it.
As for the cause and causes of Nigeria's problems, the king has not known nor analyzed right. The cause and causes of our problems in Nigeria is the sins and wickedness of almost all of us. Almost all of us are the cause of our problems, we are, almost all of us, are the cause of our problems. The kings, as well as the subjects or followers, the leaders as well as the followers, the so called pastors as well as their false followers, the educated people as well as the illiterates, the lecturers as well as the students, the office workers as well as the market people and farmers, the public workers as well as private, the young as well as the old, men as well women. Almost all of us in Nigeria has destroyed Nigeria to level in which she is now. Almost all of us are wicked, corrupt, unjust and hate justice, greedy, selfish and destructive and prefer disorderliness than order. No wonder our situation as a nation and tribes are like these. But for God our situation would have been worse but he has not punish us according to our wickedness. Almost all Nigerians love and prefer looting leaders to leaders with integrity, they love, prefer, follow and obey false prophets and false pastors rather than the true and faithful pastors of God, they love liars and lying and lies than truth. It is in Nigeria where one who attempted to defraud and didn't succeed was sentenced to several years in prison, one who stole hand set or mobile phone is sentenced to several years in prison but those who stole several billions of naira of public money are allowed to go free where some who stole less than fifty thousand naira are atimes burnt to death in jungle justice, where murderers are walking free in the society even as honorable people. No justice, no true, no righteousness nor mercy.
We are all reaping what almost all of us have sowed in Nigeria. Idols' worship is evil and any one who dies either as an idolator or a sorcerer or witch will surely perish in everlasting destruction, so let all sinners believe in Christ Jesus that they may be saved. But the false prophets who are so many in Nigeria and are even very great and very rich in temporary and perishable things but who are hypocrites and mockers are worse than the idolaters who did not hid who they truly are and what they do from anyone but declare it publicly.
So it is the sins and wickedness of almost all of in Nigeria that have made our lives and societies and nation like these. And so many of us are also quick to see another thing or persons or people as the causes of our woes and to quickly point to them but don't use to see ourselves as the causes of our own dooms.
And finally let all of us who are wicked in Nigeria in one way or another or in any way, turn from our wicked ways to the good and right ways that God Himself many turn from destroying us ( and the wicked people themselves are destroying themselves) and that He may remove curse from us and then bless us and our land. Thank you
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by adionin(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2016
Even the almighty US has atheists and idol worshippers. There is even the reknowned church of satan in the US state of California. Also, witchraft is being taught in schools. The Japanese still maintain a national shrine. The Chinese also worship their acestors. And the Indians? They worship every living thing you can think of; snakes, cows, goats, pig, etc. While am not in support of idol worship, am of the opinion that the root cause of our problem is our poor value system.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by CioAngels(f): 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
Imagine what a Nigerian Oba/King is saying. Ki ade pe lori, ki bata pe leese. Kabiyesi, i don't agree with you and you know you just said that, reasons best known to you kabiyesi. Kabiyesi, you are a custodian of our traditions and culture. While others are proud of their culture, Nigeria is sold western cultures. What a shame?
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by bobkezel(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Foolish king with no brains. Ipity d people u lead, rubbish
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by SaintUlot: 1:16am On Jul 20, 2016
Make money working from home just like me, check my signature
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Madejuly11(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2016
Don't let us mind this man jare. He is a daydreamer and a joker. He won't say the truth about the economy of the nation bcoz those that impose him on Iwo people are the one in power. APC king and bling bling king. He want to be talking talking to gain recognition.Mr oba, go Sidon jare
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by MrPresident1: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2016
The Oba is very correct.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by macof(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
LucifersTongue:
Samuel Ajayi Crowther and other missionaries did a thorough job sha. Most now hate our gods just as much as the missionaries did.

But you can't blame Samuel though. He was sold off as a slave by his people and destined for some plantation in Cuba or Brazil but was rescued and nurtured by the British. No better way to revenge than to destroy the people's religion and culture.

Samuel was kidnapped by fulanis oga
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by macof(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
gloryman91:
It seems this king is making sense now. Only Allah should be worshipped.
dayowunmi:

I still believe religion has some part to play in Africa's development, but it's our mentality that has the most part to play. Yes, i do agree that there's a lot of countries who are first world nations and are not religion centric as we are over here. However Africa is different from other Continents, in the sense that our forefathers worshipped several dieties some which required human bloodshed and some other evil and primitive practices and some of this practices probably continue even to this day, as a result of these prior occultic practices you discover that many things are not working well, take for example, Africa is the most natural resourced continent and yet the poorest continent. At the end, it all depends on your perspective sha, you may not really believe in some of these things but they are real.

grin grin grin grin grin Africans can be so stuupid

just look at undecided
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by dayowunmi(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin grin grin Africans can be so stuupid

just look at undecided
Africans can be so stupid! And what are you? American or British? Learn to take contrary opinions, we don't have to see things the same way, it doesn't make you wise while another is foolish.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by macof(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
dayowunmi:

Africans can be so stupid! And what are you? American or British? Learn to take contrary opinions, we don't have to see things the same way, it doesn't make you wise while another is foolish.

Unfortunately u lost souls are the new face of africa. contrary opinions? you spew rubbish and you talk about contrary opinion? I appreciate an intelligent contrary opinion not some dumb poo by a lost soul
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 22, 2016
macof:

Samuel was kidnapped by fulanis oga

You're right. Mixed him up with the thousands upon thousands of people captured and sold as slaves during the Yoruba civil war. Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by dayowunmi(m): 1:42am On Jul 22, 2016
macof:

Unfortunately u lost souls are the new face of africa. contrary opinions? you spew rubbish and you talk about contrary opinion? I appreciate an intelligent contrary opinion not some dumb poo by a lost soul
You the lost soul, coming to Nairaland to form foreigner, swerve, make your separate comment elsewhere and stop quoting me.
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by macof(m): 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
dayowunmi:

You the lost soul, coming to Nairaland to form foreigner, swerve, make your separate comment elsewhere and stop quoting me.

grin grin see mumu. how can you Christianity with islam are important for africa's development? it shows you are damned ignorant and a far gone lost soul
Re: Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship by Umu101: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
princey83:

I found that article very funny and ridiculous too. I began to wonder why an Oba would be reasoning like a 4year old kid .
which God are the Japanese worshipping. they worship their emperor and the kami(their ancestors) their national religion is shinto. yet they are a great tech and economic power. The Chinese are Taoists and Buddhists. but formally their communism has imposed atheism as the state religion. The Chinese are the Next world power. the Hindus of India have 33 million gods. India is an Asian tiger. the future of the Asian dominated world economy. so leave Christianity and Islam out. Ethiopia has the longest history of Christianity in Africa yet we are better than them. it is not religion that makes nations. it is leadership!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Is This Traditional Dresses Still Look Good In South Africa? / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.