Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job (1910 Views)

Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / How To Write A Good CV For Fresh Graduate / Good CV Sample (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by EdoBoy90(m): 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
Goodnight all

1 Like

Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by collinsoft(m): 2:00am On Jul 19, 2016
Bros,
I don't know how effective linkedin.com has been to job seeker. I recently updated my resume on linkedin and also ensure I search for numerous HR personnel, connect with them and send them email for job opening. Has this ever worked for you? Am just a bit curious.
I would appreciate you response of the above subject and if you could shed more light on the discussion, it would be welcomed.
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by EdoBoy90(m): 5:49am On Jul 19, 2016
collinsoft:
Bros,
I don't know how effective linkedin.com has been to job seeker. I recently updated my resume on linkedin and also ensure I search for numerous HR personnel, connect with them and send them email for job opening. Has this ever worked for you? Am just a bit curious.
I would appreciate you response of the above subject and if you could shed more light on the discussion, it would be welcomed.
. You can't just wake up and start sending people jobs opening. You make friends first. Join in group discussion and say them a wish or congratulation in whatever they have done or achieve before talk about jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by collinsoft(m): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bros,
I meant sending a friendly message to HR personnel. I understand some persons got job by submitting their resume on career portals of companies while other sent their resume to HR persons of various companies.

Why I am a bit curious is because I have been getting updates on my LinkedIn profile of companies and people of repute checking up my profile while some request that I add them up.

I created a thread asking of the significance of people checking your linkedin profile but I would need no clarification on this.

Forumite, kindly shed more light please.
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by EdoBoy90(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2016
collinsoft:
Bros,
I meant sending a friendly message to HR personnel. I understand some persons got job by submitting their resume on career portals of companies while other sent their resume to HR persons of various companies.

Why I am a bit curious is because I have been getting updates on my LinkedIn profile of companies and people of repute checking up my profile while some request that I add them up.

I created a thread asking of the significance of people checking your linkedin profile but I would need no clarification on this.

Forumite, kindly shed more light please.
. Which course did you study? Do you have experience in your discipline? All courses are not marketable. let us statt from there
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by EdoBoy90(m): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2016
Start** not Statt
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by PRECIOUSPAINTS: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2016
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!
Precious Paint Nig Ltd requires the service of the following
Account Officer:- BSC/HND in accounting
Store Manager:- BSC/HND in any discipline
forward your CV to info@preciouspaints.com, hcm@preciouspaints.com
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by collinsoft(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
EdoBoy90:
. Which course did you study? Do you have experience in your discipline? All courses are not marketable. let us statt from there
I studied electrical electronic engineering with experience as an operations supervisor and project engineer preparing technical and commercial bid for proposed projects.
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by EdoBoy90(m): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
sooooooooooo
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by ferdyferd: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
collinsoft:
Bros,
Speaking from personal experience I can categorically tell you that LinkedIn is very effective. It's not a holy grail and sometimes it can be overrated.

But nonetheless it's still very effective. I have had some job request from it.

The first was from Eat n Go their Head HRM asking if am interested in a particular role (wasn't keen on it coz I was engaged) few weeks later (like a month) that same job got published online.

And just recently I was contacted again by another HR referring me to a position in another company with the phone number of the HR.

All this are done without me making contact with any of them, I just tallored my profile to a specific position, and state am seeking for new opportunities.

And yes all the job contact have had is for that particular position.

And less I forget I have lots of connections, shud be over 1000 with 60% or more HR. And I got an impressive profile picture.

And yep LinkedIn is gradually been filled with spam, particularly in messages which is a turn off.

But nonetheless from experience I know it's a good tool.

patience is the key.
Re: Good CV And Linkedin To Get A Good Job by collinsoft(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
EdoBoy90:
sooooooooooo
Hmmmmm your response get muscle.

(1) (Reply)

Microcred Microfinance Bank- Deposit Mobilization Officers / Frefa Investment Company Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions) / Have U Received Your December Alert For The Covid19 Palliative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.