Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:15 PM

ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME (14831 Views)

ASUU Rejects Buhari's Dissolution Of OAU Governing Council / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Solomon19(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2016
bastards angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by olaide68(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2016
They should take it easy and look for other means to generate fund for their institutions aside post UTME. They should endeavour to so understanding with the goverment and we parents. God bless ASUU, God bless Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Presyyy(f): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2016
LOL, I guess ASUU's source of living must mainly be from the PUTME form bought by jambites. It's quite a pity though.
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by tukdi: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2016
undecided I blame president Buhari!
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by hssl(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2016
smiley
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by adetes: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2016
who r u to go against federal government, after jamb give admission to those who deserve it, thanks
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by comrChris(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2016
why now? announcement made over 2months ago and you are just waking up now,is it not to confuse jambites the more or probably to deny them admission..

and for Adamu to wakeup and cancel putme without consulting ASUU is a big insult, I have always said it that jamb is the issue not putme especially this years jamb
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Mimisboygreat: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2016
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Bgorgeous: 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
Biko Na who be ASUU to go against a national Assembly even though they are not credible
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by shamecurls(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
ASUU is raking-in money from that avenue and scrapping it will render its administration broke.

It makes no sense writing JAMB and still going to the institution to write another exam

#AbsoluteRubbish #CommonSense
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by oroboweightloss: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
Can you kindly check your email and credit the account .Sent an email 2 days ago ,no response ,no credit
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by tosyne2much(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bimdim:
Watch those are protesting very well, they have interest in the revenue or maybe they are paid protesters.
. You're so on point bro cheesy
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by MeoClark(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
I think they are acting too late.Hope this don't delay admission further.Many schools have adopted the Screening mode.ASUU should keep quiet and protest next year. This year admission aspirants has suffered much already with conflicting confusing news everyday both from Jamb ASUU and FG.

they are playing with the future of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
ASUU Is just protecting one of their various ways of robbing admission seekers
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by ideaz: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
ASUU, you should protest and push forward policies to make JAMB better and more credible instead. The University admission racketeering era is over please! The corruption in our government universities vis a vis Post-UTME is worse than Nigeria & JAMB (VC lists, HOD lists, Senior lecturers lists......) and all has their prices in cash, kind or both.

How the scrapping of Post-UTME will endanger quality of university education is not clear to me. Maintain your standard and who cannot cope should be shown the way out.

ASUU, show me with data/facts how post-UTME era has produced better graduates than the old good days of JAMB merit list. Time has come when people should begin to justify their positions with facts and figures and not baseless, sentimental and selfish interests.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by yunglivochi(m): 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
i av neva seen dis kind of clueless govt eva in NIGERIA
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by davibid: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
I won't blame you because your children are not schooling in Nigeria

So don't know the plight of the parents who will buy jamb forms, some pay hostel for those writing at a far distance.

And after spending that much for jamb, post-utme will now come up with theirs

I don't want to talk about the suffering candidates go through in the name of processing their forms

dear leaders please some times look beyond your personal interests and be more empathetical

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by MeoClark(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
I think they are acting too late.Hope this don't delay admission further.Many schools have adopted the Screening mode.ASUU should keep quiet and protest next year. This year admission aspirants has suffered much already with conflicting confusing news everyday both from Jamb ASUU and FG.

Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Affable0709(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
You people are all mad!
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by iswallker(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:
Scrapping POST UTME is a no-no for me. Why should candidates who cheated all the way from O'Level to JAMB be granted admission over the genuine ones?

The Federal Ministry of Labour for kuku say make companies no dey do recruitment test again na. Na direct employment.

If FG premised the scrapping on financial burdens on parents, governments should provide post UTME grants to institutions to conduct the exams thus making it FREE for candidates.

Post UTME is the surest way of separating the wheats from the chaffs.

who cares whats a no no or a yes yes for you....dooorrrrrrr...

the law says jamb will conduct exams and offer admission to students. thats all that matters..... undecided

govt should provide post UTME grants... grin grin...which planet do you come from. you think a govt just wakes up and provides grants that are not appropriated... grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
The best is to scrap jamb
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by ReorxTohGan(m): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
adetes:
who r u to go against federal government, after jamb give admission to those who deserve it, thanks
To Those Who Deserve It..Guess U And Jamb Are Both Hiqh On Zulu Weed!..U ARE WELCOME.
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by otokx(m): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
Let the games begin
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by MayhorE(m): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
ifygbogwu:
WHATS RONG WITH ALL THESE TUSSLE BTW NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND ASUU...THSE JAMBITES ARE CONFUSED undecided
Really confuse, infact I think they should even consider the opinions of the student for once
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by Petbuk123(m): 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
both parties should do the needful and make things work for aspirants, must we drag things into mud like mou and Wenger? but non of you up there will fall the students waiting for admission will be the one running around. nothing seems to be right in the nation at the moment.God please chase them out
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by athorello(m): 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
OK.. It's simple... Prospective students have to apply to their schools of choice by paying an application fee and presenting all necessary documents and results. On the other hand the institution should verify documents and set their individual admission criteria based on the standard tests or exams (JAMB-UTME, WAEC, NECO, etc.) as well as conduct telephone or face-to-face oral interview if need be. They can even prepare a comprehensive questionnaire for prospective students that will help them to understand the candidates more. This way, all this tussles between FG and ASSU will be reduced. Schools need to be competing for students.... Make higher education attractive and competitive please! More jobs too since the schools have to employ enough reviewers.
Shey na money wey the problem? Owo ni koko!
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by deeone10: 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
Boldwinner:
Lol.. This is funny. As expected, once it comes to money, everyone rebels.

And by the way, I don't just get this line at all: "“portends a serious danger for the quality of education in Nigeria"

Like seriously, what's the current quality of education in Nigeria?

Danger to what exactly?

i tire o
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by adanny01(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:
Scrapping POST UTME is a no-no for me. Why should candidates who cheated all the way from O'Level to JAMB be granted admission over the genuine ones?

The Federal Ministry of Labour for kuku say make companies no dey do recruitment test again na. Na direct employment.

If FG premised the scrapping on financial burdens on parents, governments should provide post UTME grants to institutions to conduct the exams thus making it FREE for candidates.

One should be scrapped between Jamb and Post UTME, i dont care which one. Why should a candidate pay and write exams four times to get one admission. Its duplication of fees and exams.

In saner climes, WAEC or NECO is all you need to qualify for admission and the school interview the application of a candidate to choose who they admit.

What we have is too much of exams from JAMB, WAEC, NECO and Post UTME.
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by emblem2d(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hertheywarlay:

http://punchng.com/ASUU-rejects-scrapping-post-utme/
post UTME exam should be put into consideration only when the integrity and conduct of JAMB is questionable, JAMB is running a standard computer base test that has reduced exam malpractice in Nigeria.... as for me I support the scrapping, it's a welcome idea
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by joyandfaith: 12:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hertheywarlay:

http://punchng.com/ASUU-rejects-scrapping-post-utme/

to hell with ASUU. how has ASUU helped to improve quality of education? if ASUU wants autonomy, it should include financial autonomy.
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by khalhokage(m): 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

You and I both know that's nonsense, cheating is even more rampant in post utme than in jamb.

There people are just fighting for it because of the lost revenue, the amount of money they make of post utme is obscene.
Re: ASUU Rejects Scrapping Of Post- UTME by charliejose: 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
so their morning just dey break?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / 2019 Jamb Result | How To Check Jamb Utme Cbt Results Online / How do I get my Ican Examination Number And Exam Docket?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.