Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? (3192 Views)

Using A TV Card With A Laptop / How To Double Recharge Card On Mtn,glo,airtel And Etisalat With Cheat Codes / Wireless Pay Tv Card Splitter 3 View On 1 Pay Card At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by walexy(m): 1:36am On Dec 05, 2006
Just want to confirm whether there is any TV card that can be attached to a laptop.
Any other alternative would be seriously appreciated.
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by konari(m): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2006
yes there is, i believe its called pcmcia tv card,i saw one at a computer store in city mall, i think the shop is called computerport.biz you could google it up, they have a website.i hope this lil piece of info would be useful to yu, have a nice 1!
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by pranil(m): 10:52am On Dec 10, 2006
There are two options
1. PCMCIA Card - cost around 12,000 to 16000
or Extrenal USB tuner cost 8000-14000
I recommend on eby Intex - External USB tv at 10,000
That way Us can use it to watch TV/ Comnect handy camp or VCR and in case of lighning the box will be damamged and not ur laptop

I am using one myself and I get both normal channels and DSTV through the box

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by sbucareer(f): 11:02am On Dec 10, 2006
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by walexy(m): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2006
Thanx a million.
I would try 2 fix it up as suggested.
I really appreciated the info once again.
Nairaland 4 life.
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by Jean2(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2007
Hi Pranil!
Please how good is the picture and sound reproduction of the tv tuner card on the laptop?
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by hayprof(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2007
I am using one myself and I get both normal channels and DSTV through the box
-U serious? For Real DSTV with no Subscription?
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by nazzyon(m): 12:27am On Jan 10, 2007
You have to pay for subscription of the DSTV service. It cannot be skipped. What was trying to explain is that you'll be able to connected you Decoder cable to card. With that you'l be able to watch the Cable programmmes.

Ciao
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by Seun(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2007
<< Moving to Computer section >>
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by edmondo(m): 6:57am On Jan 24, 2007
i av cdma air card conncted to my laptop,can i still enjoy those facility?
neeed a rep pls.
Re: Is It Possible To Use A TV Card On A Laptop? by Seun(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2007
Unless you have to PCMCIA slots on your laptop, you'll only be able to use one at a time. Try a USB-based TV card.

(1) (Reply)

Software To Edit/modify ID Card / Very Clean And Portable Foreign Used Toshiba Satellite T110 Is For Sale SOLD / Hack Yahoo,gmail,hotmail And Facebook Username And Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.