Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. (29041 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Man Graduates From A US University With 2 Degrees In 4 Years. Photos / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by akyus(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2016
What happens to those who have already enrolled for masters in universities with the NTI PGD?

3 Likes

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Trapnews: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2016
There is little or no protection from the Nigerian government, the inhabitants are just too vulnerable. Square pegs in round holes everywhere. Citizens will now pay for government inefficiencies, Dear God, please if we are suffering for the sins of our forefathers, do not let our generations yet unborn to suffer for our sins undecided
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by jericco1(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2016
good bearing
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by kode12: 7:15am On Jul 20, 2016
adioolayi:
If they are illegal..why allow them operate Why not use law enforcement agencies to close all their centres, arrest the key stakeholders nationwide Now, possibly because someone somewhere have failed in giving the NUC a "Big Cola" they are out ranting.. when thousands of Nigerians have enrolled or graduated from this same Institute....who will pay damages to those innocent victims...Nigeria sef!
God please bless Nigeria
NTI is an approved government institute it is not illegal. They have specific programmes tget run for teacher training etc. It is their running degree programs without accreditation that's illegal so you just can't shit it down.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by charlesdunamis: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2016
NTI offers its Degree programmes in partnership with NOUN, even the manuals have dual logo of NTI and NOUN. And those with the PGDE certificate will confirm that its in affiliation with some notable universities across the country like UI, ABU or UNN. Please uses certified secondary schools for its NCE programmes while faculties of education in Nigerian universities are used for its Bachelor degree programmmes. Let's wait for official response from NTI
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by omenka(m): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2016
Osmondinho:
Been waiting for this news. Those NTI are scammers

lalasticlala cum push this people need to be aware
As in ba!

Wanted to run the programme a coupla years ago. Actually obtained their application forms from Zenith but decided to attend a couple of lectures before paying the tuition. It was during the course of the lectures that I saw what a useless program it was. Their level of unseriousness is a unbelievable. Almost Everything revolved around just ONE MAN!!
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Engrcharlesid(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2016
na wa ooooop
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by carinmom(f): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2016
sentaljohn:
FG is confused....why allow it to go on and on since forever.....so, after some ppl go dey wait on graduation, una just dagger this hope and joy

Hmmm a friend of mine is about to graduate from the institute, when i first saw the news on NTA i cudn't break the news to her because i knew she would be heartbroken.

I never liked that institution for once.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by agwu123(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2016
The issue will be resolved.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by carinmom(f): 8:04am On Jul 20, 2016
charlesdunamis:
NTI offers its Degree programmes in partnership with NOUN, even the manuals have dual logo of NTI and NOUN. And those with the PGDE certificate will confirm that its in affiliation with some notable universities across the country like UI, ABU or UNN. Please uses certified secondary schools for its NCE programmes while faculties of education in Nigerian universities are used for its Bachelor degree programmmes. Let's wait for official response from NTI

They still run NCE program but for degree and Pgde, even if they are doing it under affiliation, they are not duly accredited for that.
And you know even in the universities courses that fail accreditation by NUC are closed down.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by sheunpompey: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2016
To every organization in Nigeria... There is always an ACT or Decree that establishes it. If NUC wants to deal with NTI it shouldn't be on the pages of newspaper or tv advert. They need to get across to National Assembly to revoke their powers. I still don't read any meaning to that advert cos it won't stand the test of time... Yeye dey smell
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by antontech(m): 8:24am On Jul 20, 2016
Fake news! I was awarded TRCN certificate last week because i did PGDE at NTI. Universities accepts it for masters, although some may reject it but we know hw naija works. Some persons must always claim to be d best. NTI modules are very ok, it runs like open university which u must to attend lectures. So please spare me dis ur news if u know wot TRCN means

1 Like

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by nijanigga: 8:30am On Jul 20, 2016
more reasons why Nigerian degrees are like toilet papers
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by K08(m): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2016
Hmmmm... NTI.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by greatest31: 8:47am On Jul 20, 2016
Nigerians don't listen to news, NTI started it by saying that the universities that offer PGD in Education are not supposed to, that they will not recognize their certificates.

They cannot bite more than they can chew.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 20, 2016
Ikilo Pataki
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by mimidave(f): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2016
Well said NUC! So what happens to the millions of people who have spent money, time and energy while trying to get a degree or pgd at the institute? When the institute started with these programmes where was the NUC? If the NTI is not accredited to run some programmes, they shouldnt and i quite agree. However, what do you do with the millions of people who have these certificates? NUC choose their own time to act and I think that's just mischief, it shows they haven't been up and doing in the discharge of their mandate if they have to wait til now.
Please stop playing with the lives of Nigerians and get your acts together. We are sick of this rubbish!

1 Like

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Abumilla(m): 9:20am On Jul 20, 2016
olajumokegloria:
What is my fate now I already did a Postgraduate in Education there
What am I going to do ?
I did postgraduate on NTI in the year 2013
I don't think it will affect the pgde because it is affiliated to a university. As at 2012 it was UDU sokoto now am told it is open university.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Faru1(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2016
So serious? but FG is into canceling things these days o , I don't understand yet.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by charlesdunamis: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2016
indoorlove:
It will take years (maybe century) for Nigeria to get it right educationally.
NTI uses the ODL model of education, using what u called half baked lecturers and dilapidated classrooms for their students is their way of going extra mile to teach their students. Bc in ODE your course manual is your teacher.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by mrspif: 10:25am On Jul 20, 2016
dis we contry sef...afta i don package my nti pgd dey wait for clooectn of degree...wetyn i com dey hear. Who is confusin who? I have som personal reservatns on d standrd of d prog bt y shud nuc be callin d shots nw afta donkey of years of existence?
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by masties2(f): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2016
antontech:
Fake news! I was awarded TRCN certificate last week because i did PGDE at NTI. Universities accepts it for masters, although some may reject it but we know hw naija works. Some persons must always claim to be d best. NTI modules are very ok, it runs like open university which u must to attend lectures. So please spare me dis ur news if u know wot TRCN means

Pls how do you go about your registration with TRCN?
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Kirigidi(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2016
helenmi:
Wait a minute I saw "Kaduna-based"... Is the one in KADUNA STATE or NTI originated from Kaduna?
Dia main campus/hqtrs is in Kaduna, but they hav study centres spread all over d country.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by otokx(m): 10:56am On Jul 20, 2016
antontech:

The level of sorting by lecturers in the Port Harcourt centre is unimaginable, they collect to pass examinations, they collect for project supervision, they collect for teaching practice.

All these collections run into hundreds of thousands per head of students, this is besides the approved school fees.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by naijanaso: 11:08am On Jul 20, 2016
THIS IS THE WORST AND MOST USELESS ANNOUNCEMENT I HAVE HEARD FROM NUC. THE NTI HAVE BEEN OPERATING AND GRADUATING PEOPLE FOR A LONG TIME NOW ANDTHEY DID NOT SEND OUT THIS NOTICE TO STOP THEM LEGALLY. THIS YEAR THEY HAVE EVEN WRITTEN TESTS AND ARE PREPARING FOR SEMESTER EXAMS AND YOU JUST COME UP FROM NOWHERE TO MAKE THIS SILLY PUBLICATION. STUPID PEOPLE. WHY ALLOW PEOPLE TO PICK FORMS IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR MONEY AND CONTROL.
NTI, OYA FAST FAST TAKE NUC GO COURT. YEYE DEY SMELL.

1 Like

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by Magnitki: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2016
lonelydora:

Reason why Kaduna is called "Center of Learning". NDA, DSS, NTI, etc. All in Kaduna.

And Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria the second largest university in Africa

1 Like

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by BrutusOj(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
Biafrarep:
Everything about this country is in total disarray. I keep wondering how NTI will be using half baked lecturers, dilapidated secondary school structures etc and still be awarding degrees! This country is a huge joke taken too far!!!
Half bakes lecturers? I don't get you, are the university lecturers half baked? or where u are, NTI uses secondarians as lecturers?
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by SaintUlot: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
Check my signature and start making money working from home just like me.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by faari(f): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
please note that it says KADUNA-BASED, it is not applicable to every one f them oo.
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by antontech(m): 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
masties2:

Pls how do you go about your registration with TRCN?

When paying for your NTI certificate u are suppose to pay for TRCN too. So it now depends if ur state NTI office will be able to organise an induction for you people. I did mine 2013 and collected my certificate last yr but the induction was done last week for NCE and PGDE i think 2012/2013/2014 set

1 Like

Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by zik4ever: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Meanwhile, NTI has advised students, members of staff and other stakeholders to remain calm over the NUC’s declaration of its degree and Postgraduate Diploma in Education programmes illegal.

The institute’s Chief protocol and Public Relations Officer, Malam Jibrin Adamu, gave the advice in Kaduna while reacting to NUC’s advertisements which invalidated certificates issued by institute in the last 15 years.

Adamu, while speaking with NAN on Thursday, noted that both NUC and NTI were government agencies, adding that officials of both organisations would meet in the next few days to resolve the issues.

“It should be noted that both NTI and NUC are Federal Government agencies and within the next few days both bodies will meet and sort out the issues amicably.

“For now, we are calling on our students, members of staff and all stakeholders to remain calm as the issue will be attended to,’’ Adamu said. (NAN)

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nuc-clarifies-position-on-nti-degree-postgraduate-programmes/156283.html#9RF28gZdc7KSm7EW.99
Re: NUC Declares NTI Degrees Illegal -channels Television. by grosy: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
D worst fact, al naija versities come there to obtained their pgde cert. It cannt work. Even it is govt own.it is jealous becos they ar runnin bsE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trump Administration Drops Directive On International Students And Online Course / Is There Any Difference Between WAEC And GCE? / Friends Carry Graduate In Wheelbarrow In Liberia To Celebrate His Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.