Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Signs You Work For Bosszilla - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Signs You Work For Bosszilla (527 Views)

Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / When You Work With Someone That Pilfers / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs You Work For Bosszilla by Cieno: 11:51am On Jul 20, 2016
Everyone complains about their boss sometimes, but some situations rise to monstrous proportions! We all have a bad day now and again, but a true Bosszilla is a tormentor all the time!

Are you wondering if your boss might qualify? Breathing fire and brimstone, stomping cubicles, and sharing insults like candy can reveal Bosszilla’s true face, but those aren’t the only signs.

This article will help you figure out if you just might be working for a real Bosszilla (WITH HORNS)!

Here are some of the signs

SOURCE:http://www.naijasauce.com.ng/signs-you-work-for-bosszilla/

Re: Signs You Work For Bosszilla by Cieno: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2016
1. Mood Swings Every Five Seconds

Mood swings are very normal but your boss goes beyond your basic mood swings to full-on completely different personalities – and there’s no telling which one will show up on any given day. Today day, he’s your best friend (hey, let’s do lunch!) and tomorrow he hates everything about you – from the fact that you’re only five minutes early (why are you so late?!!?) to the way you type on the keyboard (do you want to spoil it).
If you have a super-moody boss, you wake up asking yourself which personality you’ll deal with today. If you hear, “Which one of you idiots did this?” screamed down the hallway one minute, only to come back from lunch to a bouquet of balloons and a cake touting your work group as “the best team ever,” your supervisor is definitely a Boss-zilla with a mood swing problem! It’s hard to know where you stand when your boss breathes fire one second and spews hearts and flowers the next! It’s not you. It’s him. Really. He’s a real monster.

Re: Signs You Work For Bosszilla by Cieno: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2016
2. Master Manipulator

A manipulative Boss-zilla will go out of her way to backstab not only you, but everyone else in the office. This “special” kind of boss will go out of her way to try to make herself look good – and if she steps on someone else on her way to the top, all the better for her!
Her main goal is to build herself up, and her method involves keeping you (and everyone else!) down. This particular breed of Boss-zilla will lie,cheat, steal, and do virtually anything else that suits her purposes, all in the name of capturing the attention of the C-suite executives and looking like a singular superstar.
If your boss is a master manipulator, she just might have knack for playing you and your co-workers against one another, claiming, of course, that it’s all in the name of motivating the team. Yeah, right. And, if something goes wrong, rather than owning the problem since she’s in charge, she’ll deflect blame. (Will someone get her some competent people, please?) Let something go right, though, and she’ll take all the credit. She accomplished her greatness in spite of you, not because you, don’t you know? If you have a great idea, she’ll let you know why it just won’t work, maybe even making you question your sanity for suggesting it. Meanwhile, she’s plotting to pitch it to the big boss and keep the credit for herself.Don’t fall victim to the manipulations of this especially toxic breed of Boss-zilla. Never mind, Karma will catch up with her soon enough.

Re: Signs You Work For Bosszilla by Cieno: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2016
3. The Single-Minded Sociopath

You don’t need to have a Ph.D. in psychology to recognize a workplace sociopath when one crosses your path, and having one as a supervisor is a super-special (not!) experience.
If your boss thinks you shouldn’t let anything interfere with work – from your own major illness to the death of a family member – that’s a sign that he just might be anti-social enough to qualify as this particularly toxic Boss-zilla breed. He has no life outside the workplace and finds the concept of work-life balance to be just silly. “Stay home?” he says, absolutely shocked. “What is wrong with you? What kind of person let a little fever(103 degrees!) keep her down? Contagious? Only to a bunch of wimps! Your leg is broken? You don’t need it to write sales proposals! Sell, sell sell. Type, type type. Work is what matters in life!”
Unfortunately, the very things that make your boss a sociopath – ruthlessness, a single-minded drive and a lack of empathy – just might be the traits that helped him get promoted to a supervisory role in the first place. It all depends on who made the decision. This personality type is all-too-common in the modern workplace, so don’t be surprised to experience the wrath of a single-minded sociopath at some point in your career.Don’t try to talk to a sociopathic Boss-zilla about how you feel. Seriously. He doesn’t care, and he’ll think are weak

Re: Signs You Work For Bosszilla by Cieno: 11:58am On Jul 20, 2016
4. The Fear-Inducer

Do you have a boss constantly reminding you that there are plenty of other people out there who would just love to have your job? This brand of Boss-zilla comes from a planet where people work harder when they live in the constant fear of losing their job.”You don’t want to work four weekends in a row? I’ll remember that the next time I get a resume from someone who would actually appreciate this job! If you can’t do what I want, I’ll find someone who will! Nobody is irreplaceable. I could snap my fingers and find five more better than you!”
If you hear some version of these threats from your supervisor, you’re definitely working for a fear-inducer!”I wouldn’t get too comfortable here,” a fear-inducer might stay. “I only want winners on my team,” is another technique she might use to encourage you to feel like your job is in jeopardy.
There are plenty of not-so-subtle signs that a fear-inducer is on the rampage in your department. Basically, if you feel like you’re just holding on to your job by a thread more often than not, there’s your sign. You’re working for a toxic fear-inducer. Think about it. If you’re so bad, why hasn’t she pulled the plug already? It might be time to let her do what she’s always threatening you with! Find another job, then quit! And yummy… really mean it when you say it.

Re: Signs You Work For Bosszilla by Cieno: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2016
5. Generation Perfect

Is your boss a member of what she sees as “generation perfect?” In other words, did her age group invent electricity, and the automobile while also establishing world peace (seriously?), while everyone of a different age group is pretty much useless (in her mind)?
Does she label you as a Millennial who can’t possibly understand hard work or does she refer to you as “Generation microwave?” This boss will tell you, “In my day, I knew better than to expect anyone to ask me what I thought until I had at least ten years of experience! I’ll listen to your ideas when you’ve paid your dues! When you’ve been here as long as I have, you’ll understand – and you’ll thank me!” She may even ask, “Just who do you think you are?” and expect you to respect her just because of her job title, even though she is judgmental and nasty. When you accomplish something great – even against the odds of your unfortunate decade of birth – she’ll probably say that it’s all because of your superstar mentor (her, of course!). And, if she’d only been lucky enough at your age to have a mentor like her, she’d be queen of the world by now! Little does ‘gen perfect’ Boss-zilla know, you’re plotting your exit now! You’ll be somewhere else – where you are valued for what you have to contribute now – long before she figures out that you’re worth listening to!

(1) (Reply)

Feeling Unmotivated? This Should Help You / FUTA Is The Best School To Study Engineering In Nigeria / System Analysis Program] (sap) Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.