Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? (9821 Views)

Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / When You Work With Someone That Pilfers / Is Your Career Or Supervisor Holding Your Thesis Hostage? We Can Help You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by BrownShawty(f): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
This issue is a deep one and I would really love to see everyone's comment about this because in this generation of ours now,people value their career a lot more than their marital status,and this affects this affected me a lot when I was a kid,when mom would leave us and goto work and it made my dad and her break up,because she's always busy with work,and she felt less concerned about it then,the topic "career" trended a lot last week on palmchat and it made me remember this topic we would be discussing aboout and with the experience I had when I was a kid,which affected me a lot when I grew up.

But really,is career more important than our marriage?
Or is our marriage more important than our career?

Please I would love to reach out to a more larger view,I need your thoughts about this.

2 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Oyindebrah(f): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
well i would work for the two but its a hard thing trusst me but ild work for the two even tho its not that eeasy,altho i am not married but i am in a relationship but trust me when i say my mom quitted her 100k jon,just to take care of her kids back then and all responsibilities was on dad but she trained us well and here we are today,doing well,to take care of them but people that did what she did back then regretted the action

so life is just that way
cc lalasticlala ishilove obinoscopy this is a cool disscussion thread

4 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by kfrosh: 6:21am On Aug 04, 2016
I would say having a fulfilled life is all about learning how to create a balance between what the society want from you and what you really want for yourself. Ladies & Gents should create a balance between their career and family life. This might seem hard to achieve but that doesn't mean it's not achievable.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by LMohd(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2016
ok
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by veekid(m): 6:24am On Aug 04, 2016
All of the above but career first
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Bisjosh(f): 6:25am On Aug 04, 2016
Career

Because career will not wake up one day and say it's leaving u undecided lipsrsealed tongue

24 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by ChappyChase: 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
I go for carrie.... If matter bad too much, I go become baby Daddy!

3 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Jainine(f): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2016
Keeping a balance is all that is needed.

If you can't then you choose the one that matters most to you. You take career and pursue fully or take marriage commit fully.

Although I find the attitude of most African men towards a career woman very disgusting. A man wants to pursue his career fully and expect his wife to sacrifice. I believe It should be a combined effort. We are in the 21st century and we should act like enlightened people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by idee91: 6:27am On Aug 04, 2016
Strike
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by datrailblazer(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2016
Both of them are important because without
a career which means no job, no money, and you
can’t do things you want on your own except
relying on others and without a lovely marriage,
it’s assume you’re living in a slave land or
probably isolated land, you may have all the
promotion at work, got all the money but nobody
to share your success with when you’re back
home.

By the way today is my birthday please show some love...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by hibykhay: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2016
Keeping balance between the two is a very difficult task but in my own view.... t will be better if d marriage is been worked on bcoz if a career fails, ur marriage still has ur back, but if ur marriage fails, it might even affect ur career.

Am nnot saying pple shud neglect dere career as well but set ur priorities right.
#mythought.
#myview

3 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Benjom(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2016
Both but career first

2 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by jazinogold(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2016
Both
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by lielbree: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2016
I love being married. If I lose my job I'll be hurt but if I lose my marriage I'll be devastated.

For me marriage comes first

12 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by eph12(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2016
Marriage of course. All the struggle am doing is for my future family and am sure when they come around they will appreciate all my efforts so far.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by EduRegard: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2016
Well it depends on personal interests.

You can see some words from Shane Rodgers on The Career Advice He Wished He Had At The Age Of 25.

And marriage doesn't necessarily need to interfere with your career, it only depends on the type of career path. You can as wee see How To Select The Right Career Path.

Meanwhile, for ladies, it is always advisable to go for marriage, due to so many constraints attached to it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by emmasege: 6:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Both are important but whenever and wherever career negatively affects marriage, NECESSARY SACRIFICE has to be made (for children's sake especially) so that one does not regret later on after career must have ended.

The world (both developed and underdeveloped world) is what it is today because of men and women who sacrificed marriage on the altar of career.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Sese2(f): 6:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Well,i will say that TIME MANAGEMENT should be the main key factor here,even though i'm not married yet i believ that,if you make use of your time well your marriage won't have problem.becos your kids and husband needs you in as much as you money is needed as well.
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Kazrem(m): 6:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Ben Carson had provided an answer for you.

BrownShawty:
This issue is a deep one and I would really love to see everyone's comment about this because in this generation of ours now,people value their career a lot more than their marital status,and this affects this affected me a lot when I was a kid,when mom would leave us and goto work and it made my dad and her break up,because she's always busy with work,and she felt less concerned about it then,the topic "career" trended a lot last week on palmchat and it made me remember this topic we would be discussing aboout and with the experience I had when I was a kid,which affected me a lot when I grew up.

But really,is career more important than our marriage?
Or is our marriage more important than our career?

Please I would love to reach out to a more larger view,I need your thoughts about this.

11 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by steffans(m): 6:37am On Aug 04, 2016
Marriage... Use 5 years giving birth to kids and go back to ur career...
It all depends on the couples arrangements..

3 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by KiNiBiGd: 6:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Bisjosh:
Career

Because career will not wake up one day and say it's leaving u undecided lipsrsealed tongue

Remember carry has it own challenges as well, someone can be sacked unprepared too so many things can go wrong with someone carry too. Just create a balance between the two
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 04, 2016
My career first! QED

1 Like

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by MyPicsSaysItall: 6:43am On Aug 04, 2016
Personally, I will put my marriage (family) into consideration. when making a choice/decision concerning my career. What shall it profit me or my wife gaining the best certifications or reaching the apex of our careers and having kids not trained properly....UNDERSTANDING/WISDOM comes to play when making such decision

Always remember someday you will be old and reflect on how you made some delicate decisions when you were younger.

3 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Estimable(m): 6:46am On Aug 04, 2016
steffans:
Marriage... Use 5 years giving birth to kids and go back to ur career...

It all depends on the couples arrangements..
U be God?
By Gods grace.....

1 Like

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by HarryTellMe(m): 6:46am On Aug 04, 2016
ChappyChase:
I go for carrie....
If matter bad too much, I go become baby Daddy!

Correct guy. Ur head dey there... Na d way forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by majiya123(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2016
marriage and career these are to important and very diffiult to choose the most relevant one, i think marriage and career are just like blood and water in human body both are very essesential but still you can work on both what is matter you balance the equation you still plan forr caring for you childern. Wait........loading next page

1 Like

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Rapture4real(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Which one did God create first? I believe your marriage should be your front burner bcoz it can determine d success of yo career. God gave Adam job just to take care of his family followed by wife. Career is for marriage and marriage not for career but you can strike a balance

1 Like

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by feldido(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2016
Starts at early age, Choose a Career that will enable you care for your family and not the one that will take you away from home.
I love being a Marine Engineer from when I was tender, but after having a deep thought about the profession and how it will take me away from home for months, I had to choose the closest course to it that will keep me closer to home, that is Mechanical.

To me Family is everything, I can forfeit everything for my family.

5 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Tallesty1(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2016
Every married woman is a wife first before whatever she's in the office. if she has kids then she is a mother before whatever she's in the office, likewise males. family comes first because no matter how rich or succesfull you're career-wise, you're a failure if your family is in shambles.

the scripture says that whoever that's aspiring for the office of a bishop must be a good husband first,

2 Likes

Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 04, 2016
What kind of question is this?
Both!!! undecided
Re: Career Or Marriage, Which One Do You Work For? by MyPicsSaysItall: 6:55am On Aug 04, 2016
hibykhay:
Keeping balance between the two is a very difficult task but in my own view.... t will be better if d marriage is been worked on bcoz if a career fails, ur marriage still has ur back, but if ur marriage fails, it might even affect ur career.

Am nnot saying pple shud neglect dere career as well but set ur priorities right.
#mythought.
#myview

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Your Advice: Start Afresh in HR Or Continue with Career in Finance / Setting Up Law Firm In Nigeria / The Need To Eliminate Wage Disparity In Nigerian Public Sectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.