Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Career Advice Needed (pls Help) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Advice Needed (pls Help) (596 Views)

How To Use " I " ( Advice Needed Pls) / Fupre Or P.t.i Which Is Better? Answers Needed Pls. / Career Advice Pls(which of this courses Should I Go For) (2) (3) (4)

Career Advice Needed (pls Help) by FuckTheMods: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
hi guys.
I'm gradually becoming apprehensive over my career issues.
I graduated from high school a decade of years ago (2006) while i was 16 and since i'm from an indigent family i had to set aside school issues and had to engage on some petty hustling in other to save up funds for school.
Though the path has been laden with rough terrains and it hasn't been easy but God finally opened a sponsor for me who would be financially responsible for my academics.
Now the Crux of the issue is that i just recently clocked 26 years and has just been admitted into the University and since employers of the Labour market these days do favour those that are 25 years below which wouldn't spell good fortunes to me, i had to choose a course in the faculty of education (c.r.s) since it doesnt regard age stuff.
My question is as old as i am at 26 is there any slight hope of becoming a professor or at least a lecturer. after my graduation, i'd forward to Masters and eventually Ph.d. Though its gonna take years.
Pls by then how old would you think i'll be a prof or a lecturer and is there any hope of starting and building up a career at an advance age of 26?
Matured comments pls
Re: Career Advice Needed (pls Help) by Fmartin(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
First of all let me acknowledge you courageous attitude towards academic pursuit.

Being a professor require a strenuous effort in academics.

As a woman, marrying and having kids should also be your priority.

At 26, u can think of completing your degree programme nd go for masters to make u become a lecturer.

Even if you are 40years, u cn fulfill ur dreams.

Have a home first before menopause comes knocking. wink
Re: Career Advice Needed (pls Help) by FuckTheMods: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Fmartin:
First of all let me acknowledge you courageous attitude towards academic pursuit.

Being a professor require a strenuous effort in academics.

As a woman, marrying and having kids should also be your priority.

At 26, u can think of completing your degree programme nd go for masters to make u become a lecturer.

Even if you are 40years, u cn fulfill ur dreams.

Have a home first before menopause comes knocking. wink
thanks so much dear.
i really appreciate this
Re: Career Advice Needed (pls Help) by Fmartin(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
FuckTheMods:
thanks so much dear.
i really appreciate this
u welcome
Re: Career Advice Needed (pls Help) by ideology(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
FuckTheMods:
hi guys.
I'm gradually becoming apprehensive over my career issues.
I graduated from high school a decade of years ago (2006) while i was 16 and since i'm from an indigent family i had to set aside school issues and had to engage on some petty hustling in other to save up funds for school.
Though the path has been laden with rough terrains and it hasn't been easy but God finally opened a sponsor for me who would be financially responsible for my academics.
Now the Crux of the issue is that i just recently clocked 26 years and has just been admitted into the University and since employers of the Labour market these days do favour those that are 25 years below which wouldn't spell good fortunes to me, i had to choose a course in the faculty of education (c.r.s) since it doesnt regard age stuff.
My question is as old as i am at 26 is there any slight hope of becoming a professor or at least a lecturer. after my graduation, i'd forward to Masters and eventually Ph.d. Though its gonna take years.
Pls by then how old would you think i'll be a prof or a lecturer and is there any hope of starting and building up a career at an advance age of 26?
Matured comments pls
fuckthemods, bia, I'll give you my suggestions tomorrow, but wetin mods do you?

Scam - Beware / 50 amazing Fact S Everyone Should Know / Polyunwana Sug In Abakaliki For Independence Day Activity