Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

How To Free Up Space On Iphone Without Deleting Anything - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Free Up Space On Iphone Without Deleting Anything (451 Views)

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help / Why People Are Deleting Uber From Their Phones After Trump’s Executive Order / See The Folder That's Secretly Using Up Space On Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Free Up Space On Iphone Without Deleting Anything by Dinho9ja: 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
You are probably reading this post because you're an iPhone user suffering from insufficient storage space isn't it? You might have an iPhone of 16GB but in order to download new files, you constantly have to delete old videos, unused apps and other files that eats up your phone space, true isn't it? I guess your answer is yes!. Well, I've discovered an easy way you can free up lots of storage space on your iPhone without having to delete any of your important files.

This method am about sharing today have been promising as it has worked for 60% of those who tried out. Here we go!

Easy Steps To Free Up Space On iPhone Without Deleting Anything

Step 1:
Head straight to iTunes Store and attempt to rent a movie with large file size e.g 1956's "War and Peace" which is about 8.86GB in HD or let's say "The Lord of the Rings" epics - that will be too big to download. Don't be afraid, you won't be charged because the file is too big for the little storage space you have left on your phone. Now, you'll get a notification saying; there is not enough available storage to download "name of movie attempted to download" as seen in the image below.

Step 2:
Now, select "OK" and then navigate to your settings. Select General, then go to Storage & iCloud Usage, and you'll discover that you have freed up some space.

I know many questions must have started flowing through your minds by now, like, how did this magic happened?. Just read on to know how it happened.

This is what actually happens:
The attempt your phone made to download that large file has apparently erased some of the unnecessary or "cached" data that was being used by your phone apps. Thus, creating storage space for you which you can use to do whatever you like.

To recover more storage space on your device, repeat the steps 5-6 times or more and you'll notice an increase of almost 1 - 2GB newly available storage space on your iPhone.

Hope this helps.
Source: http://www.dinho9ja.com/2016/07/how-to-free-up-space-on-iphone-without.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Swift Modem / My Battery Drains Faster, And Sometimes Discharge While Plugged In? / Namibian Learner Invents Sim-free Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.