Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost (1104 Views)

Please Help Me Suggest A Webhost / How Do I Setup Webhost Mail Server / How To Create Custom Audio Media Player With HTML5 And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost by teampregar(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
There is a project i have been working on the past two months now.. It is a web app and i need to create Error pages and setup a mail server so that i can send emails..
I knw i am supposed to ask the question in webmaster section but all they know over there is how to make google adsense accept ur blog or how to make money blogging.they are no true webmasters there..I have tried google bt m still confused this is my first time of making a website.. Nd i need help on how to create custom Error Pages(404,502,e.t.c) and how to setup a mail server so that i can send emails to users of the service.. Pls u guys should jst explain it here instead of referring me to google..Thanks..

P.S: I am a 17 years old programmer and this will be d first website i am making..
Re: How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost by Donald3d(m): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
A little more detail. Would have helped,
You can however use Phplist. It's an awesome software for sending mails.
Some hosting packages allow you to set custom error pages in your c panel. I hope this is helpfull
Re: How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost by teampregar(m): 7:47am On Jul 21, 2016
Donald3d:
A little more detail. Would have helped,
You can however use Phplist. It's an awesome software for sending mails.
Some hosting packages allow you to set custom error pages in your c panel. I hope this is helpfull
you mean i need to buy the web space first before i can start designing the error pages?
Re: How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost by FrankLampard: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2016
Basically, The 404 error is a type of error that arises when I user of your App tries to visit a specific URL that is not hosted in your App.

The 502 error arises when there is a bad gateway or if a server is overwhelmed or a bad connection to your DB.

To send a mail, you have to write a small program that will achieve that for you.

If you can say the Language you are you using, and if I'm skilled in that language I might be of help to you.
Re: How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost by teampregar(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
FrankLampard:
Basically, The 404 error is a type of error that arises when I user of your App tries to visit a specific URL that is not hosted in your App.

The 502 error arises when there is a bad gateway or if a server is overwhelmed or a bad connection to your DB.

To send a mail, you have to write a small program that will achieve that for you.

If you can say the Language you are you using, and if I'm skilled in that language I might be of help to you.
I am using php, i need help on how to setup a mail server and have an email address like hello@domainname.com,
Then also on the error pages i read that i need to create a htaccess file and add the custom error pages, but i dont understand the htaccess stuff and i dont know how to add it
Re: How Do I Create Custom Error Pages And Setup A Mail Server In A Webhost by FrankLampard: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
teampregar:

I am using php, i need help on how to setup a mail server and have an email address like hello@domainname.com,
Then also on the error pages i read that i need to create a htaccess file and add the custom error pages, but i dont understand the htaccess stuff and i dont know how to add it

For your email server you have to set it up on your online cpanel. It can't be done on your localhost.

To setup the 404 error page. Create a new page in the same directory as your index.php or index.html.

Name is 404.php or 404.html
Add your error information.

Create a htacess file like this ".htacess"

Don't forget to add the "dot"

Add this code inside the htacess file

RewriteEngine on

ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

(1) (Reply)

Methods to make API calls in PHP / Php Function To Generate A Random Expression / Difference between Laravel and Zend framework?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.