Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Uber Scam, Beware ;new Format By Drivers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber Scam, Beware ;new Format By Drivers (1180 Views)

BEWARE New SCAM Bank Email Alert / Beware: New Phishing Scam! / Beware: New Method Of Stealing From Innocent People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uber Scam, Beware ;new Format By Drivers by otil1: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
I don't know if this is the right section.

A friend of mine just relayed his experience with an Uber cab and swore he had been scammed. He's now exchanging multiple emails with their customer service demanding to be reimbursed.

His experience:

After border an Uber from Ikoyi to VI on UberX, upon alighting at his drop off point at VI, he waved bye to the driver and entered a meeting. It's a charge to his card so, no need to settle cash.

An hour into his meeting, he looked at his phone and lo and behold, he was still on the trip, per the Uber app. Reason: the driver has craftily not ended the trip.

He called the driver, and the guy was like, he's having problem with the app, but that he would do it.

My guy waited. 10mins gone, no change, he called the driver again and he told him to please exercise patience. My guy said he became very apprehensive because there was no way of knowing what the billing would be. So he started to fiddle with the app and discovered he could cancel the trip himself.

That's what he did, bit by then, he had incurred 78mins of waiting he didn't order, and his total charge shot up to N1,750 for what should have been under 1k.

Beware people.

Once you step out of Uber, demand to see your bill. If not, cancel at the point and get your correct bill.
Re: Uber Scam, Beware ;new Format By Drivers by segunjowo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
noted
Re: Uber Scam, Beware ;new Format By Drivers by ucheheart(m): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is what many countries are using and they are doing it with their church mind but here in Nigeria for scamming don enter am this is why we can never progress as a nation. The average Nigerian is evil minded

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn Free Bitcoin By Clicking On Ads / Save Yourself Time, Resource, & Visa Refusal By Following A Step-by-step Guide / How To Start Real Estate Business With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.