Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,820 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment (106759 Views)

IHS Towers Is Recruiting / Vacancies At IHS Towers / IHS Towers International 2016 Lates Vacancies (25 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
ChukwukaChijiokeJerri:
I spoke with the lady that sent the mail and explained to her that I have been interviewed earlier for the position of telecoms engineer in VI so why will they call me for another interview for the position of special project technical manager/power project coordinator..in Ikoyi so she said I shouldn't bother coming again because they will wonder why I was coming for another interview. The whole thing confuse me.. I just hope they will send me another one this month end let me meet HR to discuss my pay sha.

I think u should go for the interview. u can then explain yourself to them when you get there. just my own opinion. it's better to be told the mail was an error, than for you to miss the interview.

3 Likes

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by jubril247: 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
niccoloslick:
As I said, they are not looking serious or they are very inconsistent.... and people were given offers in august.

Pls those that have been given offers, did they attend the career fair as their first interview? Do you know anyone who attended any of the career fairs that have already been given employment offer? I've also attended my 2nd interview in ikoyi
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by ChukwukaChijiokeJerri(m): 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
I think this is another batch of recruitment because my colleague that was not invited for the career fair was also invited for an interview for the position of Network surveillance and I am also aware that the position they want to interview me for tomorrow was not included in the career fair (special project technical manager/power project coordinator). So I think I will have to go and do my best while I await their HR concerning the second stage I went for earlier in the month.. Thank you all for you candid advice.

1 Like

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
Before I answer.

What role did you interview for?

jubril247:

Pls those that have been given offers, did they attend the career fair as their first interview? Do you know anyone who attended any of the career fairs that have already been given employment offer? I've also attended my 2nd interview in ikoyi
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by jubril247: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
niccoloslick:
Before I answer.

What role did you interview for?

I was interviewed for SAQ manager even though I applied for project management/rollout
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by gory24: 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
cutebebe:

I think u should go for the interview. u can then explain yourself to them when you get there. just my own opinion. it's better to be told the mail was an error, than for you to miss the interview.

Please go for the interview..When I did my 2nd Interview,the expatriate told me point blank that positions for telecom engineers are all occupied,i was drafted into a more Civil-Engineering oriented role,which is my study area..So my best guess is that,dey have assigned you to another role,given that the one you applied for is already filled.Go for the interview,and also do well to state to your interviewer the role you had applied for..Good Luck..
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by ChukwukaChijiokeJerri(m): 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
Thank you all.. I will come back with a feedback when I am done. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2016
some got offers just after the first interview..

gory24:

Please go for the interview..When I did my 2nd Interview,the expatriate told me point blank that positions for telecom engineers are all occupied,i was drafted into a more Civil-Engineering oriented role,which is my study area..So my best guess is that,dey have assigned you to another role,given that the one you applied for is already filled.Go for the interview,and also do well to state to your interviewer the role you had applied for..Good Luck..
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by gory24: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2016
niccoloslick:
some got offers just after the first interview..

Do you knw if they have resumed for duty,or when they would resume.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by del2luv: 9:40am On Sep 19, 2016
gory24:

@nicoliso please how sure are u abt dis news? So far I think it is only telecoms and project management that have been called for second interview, Other dept are yet to attend their own second interview.

2 Likes

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by Chitox: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
gory24:

I know someone that got an offer in August even before we got the mail about the second stage. I didnt really believe him because he said they offered him less than 160k for the Telecoms Engr role but he turned it down.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by jubril247: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
ChukwukaChijiokeJerri:
Thank you all.. I will come back with a feedback when I am done. I appreciate.

Bros. how did it go today . . . any updates pls
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by ChukwukaChijiokeJerri(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
I went there and it turned out to be a one-on-one interview. The white man was asking me power related questions. ATS, Generator etc.. I told him pulp and plain that I don't haven't really worked much on those stuffs that I work on the active ones which is the BTS and Microwaves etc.. He asked if I had any question for him.. I asked him to tell me what they are looking for in an ideal candidate. After he spoke I knew I was not what they were looking for. But who do I blame if not for the HR people that sent me a mail for an interview for what I dont remember applying for.

This interview has nothing to do with whether you were called for the career fair or not. Its another round of recruitment...

jubril247:

Bros. how did it go today . . . any updates pls

2 Likes

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
As I mentioned they look utterly unserious and unorganized. Some people in the following roles received offers in august including: network surveillance, procurement, telecoms. And yes, some have started. For all you know they've marked down their candidates, and just using this exercise to fulfil all righteousness.

lets see how it plays out/

2 Likes

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Guy I suggest you speak with HR... obviously there's some confusion

ChukwukaChijiokeJerri:
I went there and it turned out to be a one-on-one interview. The white man was asking me power related questions. ATS, Generator etc.. I told him pulp and plain that I don't haven't really worked much on those stuffs that I work on the active ones which is the BTS and Microwaves etc.. He asked if I had any question for him.. I asked him to tell me what they are looking for in an ideal candidate. After he spoke I knew I was not what they were looking for. But who do I blame if not for the HR people that sent me a mail for an interview for what I dont remember applying for.

This interview has nothing to do with whether you were called for the career fair or not. Its another round of recruitment...

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
ChukwukaChijiokeJerri:

did you let your interviewer know that is your 3rd interview and that you didn't apply for the post? there is a mix up with the mails. I think you should contact them, or probably send them a mail to let them know.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by gory24: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2016
niccoloslick:
As I mentioned they look utterly unserious and unorganized. Some people in the following roles received offers in august including: network surveillance, procurement, telecoms. And yes, some have started. For all you know they've marked down their candidates, and just using this exercise to fulfil all righteousness.

lets see how it plays out/

Hmm..
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by dayo8080(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
I am also waiting for IT

tommscs:

I don't have a date yet for the second stage.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ooooo IHS... make we start with una before December nah.... biko
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by spbabt(m): 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
Has anyone done interview two in abuja centre?
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by Cixero: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
I don't think anybody has done 2nd interview in Abuja. The interview was postponed since 2 weeks now. I am getting tired of the whole process already.
spbabt:
Has anyone done interview two in abuja centre?
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by jubril247: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
niccoloslick:
Ooooo IHS... make we start with una before December nah.... biko

Which position did you apply for . . . have you also done the 2nd interview? Has anyone in this house been given an offer . . . pls share your testimony smiley
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by gory24: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
jubril247:

Which position did you apply for . . . have you also done the 2nd interview? Has anyone in this house been given an offer . . . pls share your testimony smiley

Don't mind em,SHELL jst gave their new employees a resumption date ND dis ones are still forming jagaban grin..iwonda hw much em go offer sef,if after all this stunting dey na bring peanuts..It won't be funny grin
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Lol most who have gotten offers will stay silent. me I am still waiting for the second interview oooo
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by gory24: 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
niccoloslick:
Lol most who have gotten offers will stay silent. me I am still waiting for the second interview oooo

Don't knw o.prolly dey included a non-disclosure clause in their contract..
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by tremzy07(f): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2016
I really don't understand why it's taking so long though. And unless the job is a really sensitive one, like some finance role, Fbi things etc, most jobs don't include not telling people where you work in your employment contract.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by niccoloslick: 11:04am On Sep 22, 2016
there can't be any confidentiality clause....
those who've started are few, U can check Linkedin yourselves.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by ehix89(m): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
I really don't think anyone have gotten an offer in this massive recruitment exercise yet, whoever got an offer was for the recruitment held in june and offers started rolling in by august, that was for few positions. Everyone be patient, I feel our case will be similar to that of last year were people started getting offers by october and they resumed november.

1 Like

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by jubril247: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
ehix89:
I really don't think anyone have gotten an offer in this massive recruitment exercise yet, whoever got an offer was for the recruitment held in june and offers started rolling in by august, that was for few positions. Everyone be patient, I feel our case will be similar to that of last year were people started getting offers by october and they resumed november.

Have you also done the 2nd interview . . . which position did you apply for? I hope this wait ends well for us all
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by ehix89(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
jubril247:

Have you also done the 2nd interview . . . which position did you apply for? I hope this wait ends well for us all
had my second session with some technical white guys,I applied for the role of FSE.
Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by BingoBuhari: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
ChukwukaChijiokeJerri:

dont mind dem! That was how the whitman some time ago was askng all funny stuff like ATS, AVR... Bla bla bla and even went as far as asking me if I really had knowledge of rotary pumps and nozzles bla bla bla! I just weak because I didnt intend going but the way the hr (s) kept calling me then was lik as if I would land the job only to waste my only trans 4 notting.
The Hr Clearly saw my skills which were on only petro engines though I studied ElectElect... So, dat white man then said dey would have absorb me if I knew much more on Plant.
...I left them, went straight to one road side Mechanic in my area who reapairs all kinds of Cat, Meiwa steel roller, LP, Perkins, Volvo, Fiat tracktors.. Inshort anytin dat drinks black oil. spent time assisting up and down... it was not hard to cross over to Plants. Though the man charged me but no hard feelings. Then dis year, applied but didnt get any response from IHS. Though I'm still managing somewhere now and also still assisting my Master on part timehoping to get a better offer. So my man just dont mind dem as their too many HR(s) like to waste time asking rubish quest even when dey hav seen all on cv, with Ideal profile in mind and reluctant to give training but still asking useless doggy questions.

2 Likes

Re: IHS TOWERS Massive Recruitment by ChukwukaChijiokeJerri(m): 4:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Na part time masters sure pass... I am working as RF Engineer with one of these ISP's.. If them like let them call.. Fire down with your masters o.. that's the best..

BingoBuhari:

dont mind dem! That was how the whitman some time ago was askng all funny stuff like ATS, AVR... Bla bla bla and even went as far as asking me if I really had knowledge of rotary pumps and nozzles bla bla bla! I just weak because I didnt intend going but the way the hr (s) kept calling me then was lik as if I would land the job only to waste my only trans 4 notting.
The Hr Clearly saw my skills which were on only petro engines though I studied ElectElect... So, dat white man then said dey would have absorb me if I knew much more on Plant.
...I left them, went straight to one road side Mechanic in my area who reapairs all kinds of Cat, Meiwa steel roller, LP, Perkins, Volvo, Fiat tracktors.. Inshort anytin dat drinks black oil. spent time assisting up and down... it was not hard to cross over to Plants. Though the man charged me but no hard feelings. Then dis year, applied but didnt get any response from IHS. Though I'm still managing somewhere now and also still assisting my Master on part timehoping to get a better offer. So my man just dont mind dem as their too many HR(s) like to waste time asking rubish quest even when dey hav seen all on cv, with Ideal profile in mind and reluctant to give training but still asking useless doggy questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Trainee 2014(test Of June 14 @ Chams) / Chevron Ng Aptitude Test By Dragnet Solutions / FG's SURE-P Graduate-Internship Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.