Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

How I Got Back My 20k ATM Error Debit. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How I Got Back My 20k ATM Error Debit. (1823 Views)

5 Essential Things You Should Always Pay With Your Debit Card / Timilehin Daomi Invents Coins-Dispensing ATM In Lagos (Photos, Video) / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Back My 20k ATM Error Debit. by montanaguy(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2016
I don't know the section to post this topic. Anyway I pray it reaches FP for others to learn. I posted here about three weeks ago on how many days it will take for my money debited in error to reverse. Actually, I bank with Union bank. On 30 Jun, I attempted making a withdrawal of sum of 20k from Sterling bank ATM with my Union bank Visa card. The ATM debited me without dispensing cash. Immediately I rushed to my bank to make a complaint. I was given ATM debit reversal form to fill. Thereafter, Union bank headquarters was sent an email for reversal. I was asked to be checking my account. 7 days nothing happened. I personally googled Union bank Unicare contact center no. I gave them a call. They requested for my card details, account no etc which I gave to them. They promised to investigate and get back to me. Days passed without a response from them. I sent them an email. They continued to request same details with a promise to get back to me all to no avail. I kept calling and sending them mails, thesame stories. The last call I made to them, I was kept on the line for over 10 minutes before they finally told me that from the feedback they got from the Sterling bank, that ATM dispensed cash which I collected. They kept telling me that ATM paid me. I was furious that night that I could not sleep. In the morning, I went to Union bank. The Acting Manager told me that if they send another mail and its confirmed that ATM paid me, there is nothing they can do about it, that I have to forget about it. I charged and told the man you must do something because you can't accused me of receiving money when I did not. They sent a mail and later told me it was confirmed that ATM paid me. I left for UBA to complain to one.Oga I know there. He told since I am sure that ATM did not pay me, I must get back my money. That I should try and see their manager. I left for Sterling bank where the debit took place. I complaint to the officer in charge of the ATM. The officer was furious and inquired why Union bank is treating me that way, that I have a right to take my case to central bank and if at the end Union bank is found wanting, central bank will penalize them. He further told me to go to central bank to make a complaint and request for the feedback from.Sterling bank to Union and something he called STAN. I showed him the ATM that debited me. He told me my transaction was recorded. I requested for the cctv video footage and the ATM camera footage showing when I withdrew the cash. The officer said I can only make the request through Union bank. When I got home, I searched for central bank customer protection unit and sent them a mail. I later sent a mail to Union bank threatening them that I have reported the case to central bank and I have informed my lawyer for legal action should I be vindicated at last of not receiving the money. I also told them on my mail to get ready to request for the cctv footage from Sterling bank. In the evening of that day I got a credit alert of refund of my 20k. Please if ATM debit you in error, don't give up. Pursue the case The bank may want to fraustrate you to abandon the money but don't give up. Its your money.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kano Boy Construct Fighter Jet And Workable Naval Ship (Pic + Video) / NCH Videopad Video Editor Pro 7.10 Serial Key / Pls Hse Help: Hw Do I Connect 2 D Internet Thru 3g On My Ipad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.