Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,106 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Historical Errors Of The Quran! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Historical Errors Of The Quran! (1053 Views)

Errors Of The Doctrine Of Oneness / Errors of Rapture : Will All Faithful Christian Go To Heaven ?? / Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:47pm On Sep 15, 2009
Historical errors are so many in the Qur'an that we cannot cover them all, but I will point out some very obvious examples:

Error (1): The Crucifixion of Christ

The Qur'an explicitly denies that Jesus was crucified. It claims that the Jews became so confused that they crucified somebody else instead who had the likeness of Christ. It is recorded in the Qur'an 4:15,

"They slew him not nor crucified but it appeared so unto them."

In his commentary on this verse al-Baydawi said (p. 135),

"A group of Jews cursed Christ and his mother. He invoked evil on them and, may He be exalted, turned them into monkeys and swine. The Jews gathered together to kill him, but God, may He be exalted, informed him (Jesus) that He was going to lift him up to heaven. Thus, (Jesus) said to his companions, `Who would like to have my likeness cast on him and be killed and crucified, then enter the paradise?' One of them volunteered (to do so) and God cast on him Christ's likeness. He was then arrested, crucified and killed. It is also said that (the crucified one) was a traitor who went with the mob to guide them to Christ (he meant Judas), thus God cast on him the likeness of Jesus and he was arrested, crucified and killed."

Al- Baydawi is not the only one who records these mystical stories, but all Muslim scholars who attempt to interpret the above verse, plainly state that Jesus was not crucified. The Qur'an has ignored not only the records of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and the rest of the New Testament, but also all the other chroniclers. It ignores the history of the Roman Empire which documented that a Jewish man by the name of Jesus was crucified during the time of Pilate the Pontius, the Roman Governor who gave way to the demands of the chief priests of the Jews.

It is well known that Christ's trial took place in front of the chief priests and the Roman Governor. It is also common knowledge that the arrested man did not remonstrate and say, "I am not Christ, I am Judas who wanted to betray Him and give Him away to you." All Jesus' words on the cross denote that He was Christ, especially His statement, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do" (Luke 23:34).

Jesus Himself told His disciples that He must be delivered to the chief priests and be crucified, then He would rise from the dead on the third day. Christ Himself foretold that and the crucifixion was fulfilled according to the many prophecies recorded in the Old Testament which predicted His crucifixion centuries before. Christ came to accomplish God's plan for man's salvation.

Therefore, it is not reasonable that six hundred years after Christ's crucifixion, a man should appear and declare to the world (ignoring all the historical evidence) that the one who was crucified was not Christ. This is similar to a man who comes hundreds of years from now to tell us that the one who was assassinated in the twentieth century was not Martin Luther King (or John F. Kennedy or Zia al-Haqq) but rather someone else who looked like him. Of course, nobody would believe him, even if he claimed that the angel Gabriel (or the thunder angel) revealed it to him.
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by mazaje(m): 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
There are so many Historical errors in your bible too. . its not only the koran that contains historical errors. .
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DISTINCT89(m): 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ sunny_bobo where did you get ur facts from,dnt u hv errrors in the bible
There are so many Historical errors in your bible too. .
look at this

THE QUESTIONS NOBODY WANTS TO ANSWER -

What about the Bible? Who actually wrote it?

What was the original language of the Bible? (Hebrew? Aramaic? Koine Greek?)
NOTE: - The Bible was never in English during the time of any prophet (not even Muhammad) - because English did not exist until after 1066 AD!

Does the Bible exist in the original form anywhere on earth? (No)

Why does the Catholic Bible has seven (7) more books than the Protestant Bible?

Why do these two Bibles have different versions of the same books?

Why are there so many mistakes and errors are from the very first verse right up to the very last verse?

Why do 'Born Again Christians' teach concepts that are not from the Bible?

There is no word "Trinity" in the Bible in any version of any language

The oldest forms of Christianity do not support the 'born again' beliefs

Jesus of the English Bible complains about the 'crucifixion'
("Eli! Eli! Lama sabachthani? - My God! My God! Why have You forsaken me?"wink [Mk 15:34]

How can Jesus be the "Only Begotten Son" of John 3:16? When in Psalms 2:7 David is God's "Begotten Son?"

Would a 'Just' God, a 'Fair' God, a 'Loving' God -- punish Jesus for the sins of the people that he called to follow him?

What happens to people who died before Jesus came?

What happens to those who never hear this message?

What about innocent children who die although their parents are not Christian?

Didn't God create Adam from dirt? -- So, why does he need Mary to make Jesus?
And what about God?
o How can God create Himself?
o How can God be a man?
o How can a man be a God?
o How can God have a son?

* The Bible says "Seth (is) the son of Adam" and that"Adam is the son of God." [Lk 3:36]
* Can't God just forgive us and not have to kill Jesus?
* And what about Jesus?
o Jesus did not even carry the cross -- Simon Cyre'ne, a passerby did! [Mk 15:21]
o Jesus of the Bible was NOT on the cross for longer than six (6) hours -- NOT three days -- (from the 3rd to the 9th hour) [Mk 15:25 & 15:33]
o Jesus of the Bible did not spend three days and nights in the tomb -- Friday night - until Sunday before dawn -- is not 3 days and nights!
o Jesus DID NOT claim to be God - or even equal to God
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
Error (2):

The Qur'an claims (Chapter 2:125-127) that Abraham and Ishmael, his son, are the ones who built The Ka'ba in Mecca in Saudi Arabia. The late Dr. Taha Husayn (the most famous professor of Arabic literature in Egypt) acknowledges that the information recorded in the Qur'an pertaining to the construction of Ka'ba at the hand of Abraham and Ishmael is not historically documented. He said:

"The case of this episode is very obvious because it is of recent date and came into vogue just before the rise of Islam. Islam exploited it for religious reasons" (quoted in Mizan al-Islam by Anwar al-Jundi, p. 170).

This declaration invoked the rage of the Muslim scholars against him. The former president of Tunisia did the same thing when he stated that the Qur'an contains mythical stories. Muslim scholars revolted against him and threatened to kill him because these are Muhammad's orders - kill anybody who insults the Qur'an. So what could Taha Husayn or Abu Ruqayba [better known in the West as Bourgiba] (or we) do if the Qur'an rejects the most scientifically documented historical stories? Are we supposed to shut up our mouth and close our minds lest we be killed?
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2009
Is it true that Mohammed had sex with his youngest wife, ‘Aisha, daughter of Abu Bakr, when he was about 53 and she was only nine years old.

If that is true, was he a pervert?
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Abuzola(m): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
I don't think you read what you posted, read it again for the second time from top to the bottom, you will be ashamed.

Am smiling.

If you modify your post you are not a good christian
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ Abuzola

Can you a carnal man have sex with a nine year old girl? Answer from your heart.
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DeepSight(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2009
He will not answer. He is not honest with himself. He always runs away from this question.
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Abuzola(m): 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
May God ve mercy on you, if i was to be reverse to 1430 years ago i will even give my 7 year old daughter to my friend to consumate her. Whats the big deal.
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DeepSight(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
HE HAS ADMITTED IT! HE IS A PAEDOPHILE AS WELL! PLEASE EVERYBODY SAVE THE QUOTATION SO HE DOES NOT RETRACT IT! PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! ABUZOLA IN LINE WITH THE TRADITIONS OF THE PROPHET HAS DECLARED HIMSELF A PAEDOPHILE! ! !

I AM GOING TO OPEN A NEW THREAD ADVERTISING THIS FACT!

I AM SO EXCITED! ! !
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DISTINCT89(m): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2009
Deep Sight:

HE HAS ADMITTED IT! HE IS A PAEDOPHILE AS WELL! PLEASE EVERYBODY SAVE THE QUOTATION SO HE DOES NOT RETRACT IT! PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! ABUZOLA IN LINE WITH THE TRADITIONS OF THE PROPHET HAS DECLARED HIMSELF A PAEDOPHILE! ! !

I AM GOING TO OPEN A NEW THREAD ADVERTISING THIS FACT!

I AM SO EXCITED! ! !

If you like open a website 4 it that's is ur problem, I definitely know the truth will judge on the last day (yaomul Kiyamoh)Abuzola is saying the right thing ok,

Abuzola:

May God ve mercy on you, if i was to be reverse to 1430 years ago i will even give my 7 year old daughter to my friend to consumate her. Whats the big deal.
As 4 me I will even let out my 5 years babe girl out to follow the way rosullulahi peace be upon him (SAW).
Deep Sight:

He will not answer. He is not honest with himself. He always runs away from this question.
Hw will he answer such a stupid question ok,

Sunny_bobo:

@ Abuzola

Can you a carnal man have sex with a nine year old girl? Answer from your heart.
The canal man will not answer but as I know him he can control his libido

Sunny_bobo:

Is it true that Mohammed had sex with his youngest wife, ‘Aisha, daughter of Abu Bakr, when he was about 53 and she was only nine years old.

If that is true, was he a pervert?

Do you think everybody will be like you wey be say u no fit control ur libido, so you are the pervet
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DeepSight(m): 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2009
Wow! Dis[b]manliness[/b]89 IS NOT ashamed to state that he will allow his 5 year old kid have sex!

Its amazing how religion brain-washes people!

Next thing is Mohammad (SAW) says - KILL ALL YOUR MOTHERS! - You lot will definitely defend it.

Shame on you! ! !
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
Aisha narrated: The Prophet was screening (whatever that means) me with his Rida' (garment covering the upper part of the body) while I was looking at the Ethiopians who were playing in the courtyard of the mosque. (I continued watching) till I was satisfied.

Why should a little girl (who has not reached the age of puberty) who is eager to enjoy amusement (by watcing the ethiopians playing in the court yard) be treated in this respect?
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DeepSight(m): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2009
Check out the profile of Distinct89, he's even got his picture there, so we can all see the face of a child-molester. . .
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Abuzola(m): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2009
@distinct, when they are tired they will stop
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by theseeker2: 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Historical errors are so many in the Qur'an that we cannot cover them all, but I will point out some very obvious examples:

Error (1): The Crucifixion of Christ

The Qur'an explicitly denies that Jesus was crucified. It claims that the Jews became so confused that they crucified somebody else instead who had the likeness of Christ. It is recorded in the Qur'an 4:15,

"They slew him not nor crucified but it appeared so unto them."

In his commentary on this verse al-Baydawi said (p. 135),

"A group of Jews cursed Christ and his mother. He invoked evil on them and, may He be exalted, turned them into monkeys and swine. The Jews gathered together to kill him, but God, may He be exalted, informed him (Jesus) that He was going to lift him up to heaven. Thus, (Jesus) said to his companions, `Who would like to have my likeness cast on him and be killed and crucified, then enter the paradise?' One of them volunteered (to do so) and God cast on him Christ's likeness. He was then arrested, crucified and killed. It is also said that (the crucified one) was a traitor who went with the mob to guide them to Christ (he meant Judas), thus God cast on him the likeness of Jesus and he was arrested, crucified and killed."

Al- Baydawi is not the only one who records these mystical stories, but all Muslim scholars who attempt to interpret the above verse, plainly state that Jesus was not crucified. The Qur'an has ignored not only the records of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and the rest of the New Testament, but also all the other chroniclers. It ignores the history of the Roman Empire which documented that a Jewish man by the name of Jesus was crucified during the time of Pilate the Pontius, the Roman Governor who gave way to the demands of the chief priests of the Jews.

It is well known that Christ's trial took place in front of the chief priests and the Roman Governor. It is also common knowledge that the arrested man did not remonstrate and say, "I am not Christ, I am Judas who wanted to betray Him and give Him away to you." All Jesus' words on the cross denote that He was Christ, especially His statement, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do" (Luke 23:34).

Jesus Himself told His disciples that He must be delivered to the chief priests and be crucified, then He would rise from the dead on the third day. Christ Himself foretold that and the crucifixion was fulfilled according to the many prophecies recorded in the Old Testament which predicted His crucifixion centuries before. Christ came to accomplish God's plan for man's salvation.

Therefore, it is not reasonable that six hundred years after Christ's crucifixion, a man should appear and declare to the world (ignoring all the historical evidence) that the one who was crucified was not Christ. This is similar to a man who comes hundreds of years from now to tell us that the one who was assassinated in the twentieth century was not Martin Luther King (or John F. Kennedy or Zia al-Haqq) but rather someone else who looked like him. Of course, nobody would believe him, even if he claimed that the angel Gabriel (or the thunder angel) revealed it to him.

your openening line shows how obviosly ignorant you are.
u open a thread about the historical errors in the quran and all you can produce is this?

the bible is not an authority on jesus. most of the stories about him are historically and logically inconsisten.t how come the entire narrative on his acsention has been expunged from most recent bible versions as a fabrication?

if u want to talk about historical errors in the quran pls provide cases that can be verified by an authentic historical source independent of the bible or quran.
i challenge you that u will never be able to produce this
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by SirWelly: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2009
Why do we derive joy in looking for errors in each Holy Books. Some of these verses were revealed based on the situation on ground at that time to resolve issues because GOD speaks directly to all his prophets then, and they could hear GOD directly.

We all know what is good from wrong so let's all do the right thing. We all know it. Please stop the condemnation of any religion, after all, majority of us meets ourselves in the religion we are practicing today not because we knew it before we were born.

All i know is that GOD is ONE everywhere. Although, Christians believe that is 3 in 1 which is confusing and disagreeable. The supreme being is ONE and all powers belong to HIM alone.
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DeepSight(m): 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2009
Sir Welly! Very sound!
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Haksalam(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2009
Is it because it is written in the Bible that makes it correct?
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by DeepSight(m): 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2009
No, i think Divine Singularity is self evident to the rational mind.
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by theseeker2: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
am still waiting for your your so called "historical errors in the quran"

let me give u a few examples

the bible called the ruler of egypt pharaoh during the time of joseph, the quran called him king
the quran was right because egyptians had not started the term pharoah as at the time of joseph. they called their rulers king

the quran speaks of a close friend of pharoah during the time of moses called Haman but the bible does not
xtians claimed the quran lied until the rosetta stone was found and eqyptian heiroglyphics decipherd. records showd haman was head of stone builders and an close friend of pharaoh.

the bible claims plants were created b4 the sun while quran gives correct order

the quran talks about the lost people of Iram, xtains claimed no such place or people existed and that it was fairytales of mohammed
recent archeolgy discovered the people of Elba whose cuniform records showed they once traded with the people of Iram

the bible claimed issac was sacrifced the quran said it was ishmeal
the quran was right because internal evidence from the bible shows isacc was at most a baby at the time of the sacrifice.

sunny_bobo can you help me with some more of these "errors" so i can finally nail your coffin, you lying *********
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Abuzola(m): 11:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
Allahu akbar. The truth must prevail
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2009
Abuzola:

Allahu akbar. The truth must prevail

Yes it must . . . grin
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by chic2pimp(m): 12:17am On Sep 17, 2009
davidylan:

Yes it must . . . grin
grin cheesy grin cheesy *Shakes His Head* E be like say Trouble be your last name
Re: Historical Errors Of The Quran! by Maykelly(f): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2009
is error always cheesy

(1)

No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria / If Hell And Heaven Is Real, Then Hell Must Be Far Bigger Than Heaven #fact / Are Presidents/rulers In Positions Of Authority Ordained By God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.