Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria (1051 Views)

Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by firefly999: 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2011
Some Pentecostal churches appear to have vast wealth but I'm not aware of any free schools in Nigeria funded by one of these churches. I'm thinking of primary /secondary schools located in deprived areas, could be just for the church members with perhaps percentage intake for non members? Would love to hear about any that you know of and how well set up they are. If there are none, why could this be? A good number of church goers in Nigeria pay their tithes religiously,
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Zodiac61(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin
You make me laugh.
You expect them to give away something for free 
What do you think churches are? Charities?
Get a life and get real.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by PastorKun(m): 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Zodiac
I hope you are being sarcastic when you ask if churches are charities? Any church that does not make charitable works one of it's major function is definitely a false church. The reality on ground is that most of the so called pentecostal churches we have today are not following christ.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by nuclearboy(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2011
shocked Pastor Kuns shocked ?

of the The MOGs are liars Evangelical Church", abi? Or is it "Joagbaje & Oyaks baptist cancelling ministries"?

Please provide weekly church schedules for us, abeg
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 02, 2011
Zodiac61:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You make me laugh.
You expect them to give away something for free 
What do you think churches are? Charities?
Get a life and get real.

ROFLMAO!
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by firefly999: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
i take it that means there are none,
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by VoodooDoll(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ OP

Interesting article here on the same lines as your query:

http://capsafrica.co.uk/newspentecostal.html

Wherever one looks in this great nation of ours, there is an abundance of human misery. The four dreaded evils of disease, squalor, want and ignorance are mercilessly ravaging our societies, with children, the elderly, the disabled and the sick, bearing the brunt of the impact. Our cities are teeming with homeless people and unemployed adults, disabled and sick people, who have become full-time mendicants, whilst our hospitals are crowded with children and young adults from poor homes, dying unnecessarily from curable diseases simply because they cannot afford the costs of their remedial medication.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
-============-----------------================================

Many of the new Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria are no different from sole businesses. The only major difference is that whilst the pastors take your money, you at the same time thank and revere them - some even as demigods. There is no accountability. What theological or moral justification can there be for a pastor in Nigeria, through the congregation's tithes and donations (majority of who cannot afford school meals for their children), to build a multimillion Naira mansion for himself, buy a holiday home in the United Kingdom or America, drive a top of the range 4x4 car, and sending his children to a fee-paying public school abroad? Haba! I could hear some brainwashed followers scream! This is no exaggeration. I even read in the papers recently that some have private jets! The fact is, from the founding of early Christianity to the modern age, genuine Christians have carried with them, a beneficial concept of charity that has had, and continues to have, a substantial impact on humanity. Many of Jesus Christ's teachings emphasise the role of caring for the poor in the Kingdom of God (Matthew 25:35-40). Your expression of love for the poor and disadvantaged is an expression of love for God

cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by firefly999: 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
VoodooDoll, thank you! Great article, I wonder what stops members of these congregations requesting such ?
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2011
firefly999:

Some Pentecostal churches appear to have vast wealth but I'm not aware of any free schools in Nigeria funded by one of these churches. I'm thinking of primary /secondary schools located in deprived areas, could be just for the church members with perhaps percentage intake for non members? Would love to hear about any that you know of and how well set up they are. If there are none, why could this be? A good number of church goers in Nigeria pay their tithes religiously,

Is it church duty to provide free education? Show me in the bible where Jesus or Paul built free schools. At least Churches are doing something, giving some people scholarship and we should commend them for what they are doing. God's mandate for the church is to preach the gospel
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by PastorKun(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^
@joagbaje
The more you make vacant assertions like the one above, the more true followers of christ are convinced you have no clue what the true gospel of christ is all about, yet some lunatic was desperate enough to ordain you as pastor just becos you have enough manipulative skills to deceive gullibles and generate income for his cult, I really weep for christians who are being fleeced and led to perdition by your likes.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Enigma(m): 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

Is it church duty to provide free education? Show me in the bible where Jesus or Paul built free schools. At least Churches are doing something, giving some people scholarship and we should commend them for what they are doing. God's mandate for the church is to preach the gospel

Show us in the Bible where Jesus or Paul demanded or collected "tithes" or "first fruits" from anybody!
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by putti: 12:42am On Aug 05, 2011
Broz Christ embassy Inner City mission provides schools for the poor.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

But it was the church's duty to provide for everyone according to their need in the book of acts right?
Show me in the bible where God's mandate for the church included fleecing the flock.
Show me in the bible where any of the early apostles lived fat on the giving of the poor.

Your post is almost demonic in nature. Bereft of any compassion for the poor.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by N101: 5:14am On Aug 05, 2011
firefly999:

VoodooDoll, thank you! Great article, I wonder what stops members of these congregations requesting such ?

Simple; lack of accountability. If the church is not accountable to the people, how can the people request anything from the church?
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Zikkyy(m): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2011
nuclearboy:

shocked Pastor Kuns  shocked ?

of the The MOGs are liars Evangelical Church", abi? Or is it "Joagbaje & Oyaks baptist cancelling ministries"?

This is true oh shocked Pastor Kuns, where is your church grin you suppose to dey market your church for here na grin abi you no want tithe and offerings grin in addition to the weekly schedule, let's have the list of items you want congregation to bring as seed (the items God want the congregation to sow). I hope it will not include building materials for the mansion you plan to put up at Ikoyi grin

Joagbaje:

Is it church duty to provide free education? Show me in the bible where Jesus or Paul built free schools. At least Churches are doing something, giving some people scholarship and we should commend them for what they are doing.

Oga Jo, i just don't understand why these posters are fighting you for saying the truth. when they know CEC is not set up for charitable purposes smiley coca cola (NBC) makes ordinary pure water (EVA), and yet they don't give it out for free, and they expect CEC to be 'dashing' people money anyhow. CEC is doing more than Nigeria breweries and Guinness (put together) in Corporate Social Responsibilities. Nestle fit buy patrol vehicle and gun for police abeg no mind them jare grin
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Zikkyy(m): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2011
Pastor Kun:

yet some lunatic was desperate enough to ordain you as pastor just becos you have enough manipulative skills to deceive gullibles and generate income for his cult, I really weep for christians who are being fleeced and led to perdition by your likes.

That's the main ingredient for pastoral success. Without such skillz there is no way you will pass the pastoral interview grin
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Zikkyy(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

Show me in the bible where Jesus or Paul built free schools.

No be who collect money (in tithe & offerings) dey build school? If Paul had decided to build a school, Christians will have access at zero cost. Paul gave out his teachings for free (his letters), what are you guys doing today, selling all sorts of publications at a profit angry to the extent of pirating Paul's work angry
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by PastorKun(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2011
nuclearboy:

shocked Pastor Kuns shocked ?

Zikkyy:

This is true oh shocked Pastor Kuns, where is your church grin you suppose to dey market your church for here na grin abi you no want tithe and offerings grin in addition to the weekly schedule, let's have the list of items you want congregation to bring as seed (the items God want the congregation to sow). I hope it will not include building materials for the mansion you plan to put up at Ikoyi grin

Oga Jo, i just don't understand why these posters are fighting you for saying the truth. when they know CEC is not set up for charitable purposes smiley coca cola (NBC) makes ordinary pure water (EVA), and yet they don't give it out for free, and they expect CEC to be 'dashing' people money anyhow. CEC is doing more than Nigeria breweries and Guinness (put together) in Corporate Social Responsibilities. Nestle fit buy patrol vehicle and gun for police abeg no mind them jare grin

You want me to reveal my church address here so joagbaje and his cohorts can come and spoil market for me abi grin don't worry if you insist on paying me tithes and offerings I would send you my account details so you can do it online. Remember you are guaranteed a sixty fold return if you sow into the life of a pastor grin

Jokes aside my Pastorial calling for now is to reach out to lost souls in churches like CEC and teach them the true gospel of christ whilst setting them free from the evil yoke Oyaks as placed them under.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
putti:

Broz Christ embassy Inner City mission provides schools for the poor.

You're right pastor chris does a lot of charity work and grants free education to many  . Cec as a body does charity work. I personally do too. But that is not the primary work of the church. It is the governent responsibility to give free education. that's my point.

davidylan:

But it was the church's duty to provide for everyone according to their need in the book of acts right?

Let me make this clear. When the church was under persecution. They had to hide from authorities. There shared What they had to eat becasue they were being hunted. It was a survival mode. But when the tension eased the rules changed. They must work to eat. No more free meals!.

2 Thessalonians 3:10-11
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
That's not true .

Show me in the bible where God's mandate for the church included fleecing the flock.

It's all over the scriptures . The flock has to be fleeced to that they can produce more wool. It is 50 50 win win for the sheep and the shepheard!

Show me in the bible where any of the early apostles lived fat on the giving of the poor.

I think you should show me. Because it's from your mouth I'm hearing this .
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

Let me make this clear. When the church was under persecution. They had to hide from authorities. There shared What they had to eat becasue they were being hunted. It was a survival mode. But when the tension eased the rules changed. They must work to eat. No more free meals!.

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
That's not true .

I think you're confused here or deliberately trying to deceive others. Acts 4:34[b]Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.[/b]

36And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37[b]Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet[/b].

hmm does this sound like folks in "hiding"? Do you hide to sell land and houses?

Joagbaje:

It's all over the scriptures . The flock has to be fleeced to that they can produce more wool. It is 50 50 win win for the sheep and the shepheard!

The sheep should be fleeced by who? those who hoard their wool for themselves and live in fat all their lives on the sheep's wool?
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by putti: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

You're right pastor chris does a lot of charity work and grants free education to many  . Cec as a body does charity work. I personally do too. But that is not the primary work of the church. It is the governent responsibility to give free education. that's my point.

That's not true .

Hey Jo

Ok I am a CEC member and I would like to tell all people the CE does have inner city mission. They have something called ICM Academy which offers free education to people from poorer backrounds. The website is: http://www.theinnercitymission.org/icm_academy.php It is a means of winning souls. And yes I am a partner of it because I believe in reaching the poor, but you cannot tell the poor Jesus loves them and not help them in the physical. As christains it is our responsibility to reach as many people as we can for Jesus. Soul winning is our number one job and by providing free schools etc this is one way of reaching out to the unreachable.

In addition of this, I advocate free church schools because you can teach them the word of God from an early age.

God Bless you anyway, I been following you and mabell on the nairaland.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Zikkyy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
davidylan:

Acts 4:36And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37[b]Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet[/b].

Even a Levite with a commandment to take tithe from the people is seen contributing, selling his land smiley our pastors want to live the life of the Levites in the days of Moses angry

Joagbaje:

The flock has to be fleeced to that they can produce more wool. It is 50 50 win win for the sheep and the shepheard!

Do you fleece a sheep with no wool? So if the sheep is not producing wool, you'll take the skin abi angry cos that's exactly what you are doing to the poor angry

Joagbaje:

It is 50 50 win win for the sheep and the shepheard!

You do agree that the pastor is winning abi grin but i don't think it's 50-50 oh angry I think it's in the region of 99 - 1 in favour of the pastor angry
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

Actually this is what the scriptures say about evil shepherds like you . . .

Ezekiel 34: 1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to you shepherds of Israel who only take care of yourselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? 3 You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock.

10 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 5:40am On Aug 06, 2011
@putti

putti:

Hey Jo

Ok I am a CEC member and I would like to tell all people the CE does have inner city mission. They have something called ICM Academy which offers free education to people from poorer backrounds. The website is: http://www.theinnercitymission.org/icm_academy.php It is a means of winning souls. And yes I am a partner of it because I believe in reaching the poor, but you cannot tell the poor Jesus loves them and not help them in the physical. As christains it is our responsibility to reach as many people as we can for Jesus. Soul winning is our number one job and by providing free schools etc this is one way of reaching out to the unreachable.

In addition of this, I advocate free church schools because you can teach them the word of God from an early age.

God Bless you anyway, I been following you and mabell on the nairaland.

Don't mind our wonderful critics here who sits down in front if a computer without any meaningful contribution either to life or to the gospel but are only busy criticising those who are at least doing something for God.

Pls let me have your contact through my mail below. Thanks for the links. Let truth prevail. God bless.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

@putti

Don't mind our wonderful critics here who sits down in front if a computer without any meaningful contribution either to life or to the gospel but are only busy criticising those who are at least doing something for God.

Pls let me have your contact through my mail below. Thanks for the links. Let truth prevail. God bless.

By their fruits you shall know them. The shepherds in Ez 34 thought they were doing God a service too. So did the pharisees.
Re: No/few Free Pentecostal Sponsored Schools In Nigeria by firefly999: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2011
Ok I am a CEC member and I would like to tell all people the CE does have inner city mission.  They have something called ICM Academy which offers free education to people from poorer backrounds.  The website is: http://www.theinnercitymission.org/icm_academy.php   It is a means of winning souls.  And yes I am a partner of it because I believe in reaching the poor, but you cannot tell the poor Jesus loves them and not help them in the physical.  As christains it is our responsibility to reach as many people as we can for Jesus.  Soul winning is our number one job and by providing free schools etc this is one way of reaching out to the unreachable.
Thanks, this is good to know and i agree with you it is a way of reaching out. I feel more churches should do more for their congregations too especially the youth, more free schools, scholarships, nurseries and creches for working mothers, good standard free assistance funded by tithes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Where Religion Is Big Business / Why Is There Variation In Belief (christianity) / Hypocrisy The Bane Of The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.