Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market (22317 Views)

Naira Sinks To Record Low At N420 Against Dollar / Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market / Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 01mcfadden(m): 7:18am On Jul 22, 2016
Maybe our presido meant to say 1000naira will equate 1dollar. I think everything is pointing towards that direction now. The problem with critical liars is that after a while, they start believing their own lies.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by SmartMugu: 7:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Truth234:

Do you know their activities is what pushed our consumer prices up? By now we expect our FDI/capital importation to be up but it is not because investors are scared.

Just yesterday, India ordered oil from Malaysia saying Nigeria is too risky because of militant. We need capital importation to ease forex pressure, they are activities will jeopardize the economy.
I agree with you. Their actions isn't helping anyone, not even their own people. We can only hope the government and them work things out.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Respect55(m): 7:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Truth234:
First, the militants need to stop their madness.

Previously the central bank used to intervene to prop up Naira value, but now that crude oil buyers are scared to lift Nigerian oil due to fear of been attacked.

Our foreign revenue that is not enough has dropped even more.

**** I know u must be one of bubu's sympathisers engrossed in shifting blame to some other thing even when it is obvious that they are the real problems.

Why not advise him to employ capable economic hands without minding wia dey r from instead of filling the whole political offices in Nigeria with retarded northerners.

Like fada like son

3 Likes

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 7:22am On Jul 22, 2016
01mcfadden:
Maybe our presido meant to say 1000naira will equate 1dollar. I think everything is pointing towards that direction now. The problem with critical liars is that after a while, they start believing their own lies.

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Call07034780891: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2016
Saraki impeach Buhari now to save Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2016
yang:
The zoo must fall

Oh please, if you must talk, say something reasonable that might help drag this country out of this quagmire. It's y'all cerebral deficient folks with a very poor thinking faculty who always use this The Zoo Must Fall line, it's so cliche

Say something wiser or forever hold your peace
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Ajusshi: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2016
Flexherbal:
Too bad!
If the Naira were to be a male organ, I would have cured it permanently, from this premature expulsion and weakness that it's experiencing with its partner, the Dolla, with My Highly Potent Herbal Tea For Men!

You can still use your magic to cure Buhari's cluelessness. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by david22uu(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
Did Naira drop or not ??

According to the news , Naira traded for 280 to USD , is this good news or not ? Yes it is good news for those who don't know , it means Naira is getting stronger and healthier and contrary to the claims of these bad news agents, Nigeria may not be as broke as they want us to believe , And since this is good news , someone say with me

SAI BABA oooooooooooooooooooooo

You asked a reasonable question, but you asked sarcastically , I personally have not forgotten the Yuan deal, i think the reason why the deal has not taken effect is probably because naira is yet to stabilize , to introduce a new currency to our CBN , i think Naira has to be climing against USD or should be at its peak and stable

Please always try to read before you spit out, dollar @ d interbank mkt reach an all time low of 330 and u are saying 280..
If you don't knw much about fx, please shut up

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2016
Respect55:

U reason like a f00.l. I know u must be one of bubu's sympathisers engrossed in shifting blame to some other thing even when it is obvious that they are the real problems.

Why not advise him to employ economic persons without minding wia dey r from instead of filling the whole political offices in Nigeria with retarded northerners.

I know u r jobless and clueless.

Like fada like son

Wise people drive home their points without an attack on persona. He gave his own suggestion, kindly discredit or point out the flaws, you can do that without resorting to crude insults
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by M4gunners: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2016
onatisi:
Ppl need to ask the cbn governor and buhari about the billions of yuan they said was coming. Or has china changed her mind too
It was all about propaganda, stop believing everything you read about fg.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 4ward(m): 7:25am On Jul 22, 2016
wow
Truth234:
The Nigerian Naira on Thursday weaken to an all-time low of N330.50 against the US dollar, following the Central Bank decision to abandon fix exchange rate.

The local currency dropped as much as 5.4 percent to N309 against the US dollar as of 12:24 GMT on Thursday before retreating to N292.40 on the interbank market.

A total of $7.27 million was traded at the interbank market, where traders were expecting the Central Bank to intervene as usual to ease dollar shortages, but up till now central bank is yet to intervene.

“Instead it was mopping up naira liquidity to support the currency. After market closed, a total of $7.10 million trades were done as low as 330.50 naira to the dollar,” a trader said.

“Now that the market has adjusted upwards it seems people are comfortable and that’s why we are seeing some trades,” he added.

Commercial Banks had been selling the dollar at 280 to 285 Naira after the central bank removed its 16-month-old peg of 197 Naira to a US dollar in June.

“But the lack of liquidity at those levels has curbed activity, leaving the central bank as the main supplier of dollars,” traders say.

http://investorsking.com/naira-hits-all-time-low-at-interbank-market/

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by ofwest47(m): 7:28am On Jul 22, 2016
Black man with black brain na so so dolla dolla with people with dullard brains, they just sit down at their dullard homes seeking for dollars to import everything from tooth picks to the used tattered pants of a white man.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 7:28am On Jul 22, 2016
Truth234:

Previously the central bank used to intervene to prop up Naira value, but now that crude oil buyers are scared to lift Nigerian oil due to fear of been attacked.

You want the Niger Delta agitators to stop their 'madness' but you don't want the dullard to do what they demanded if him

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2016
countsparrow:
I dont know why people keep blaming Buhari for our woes, Nepa take light... Buhari, Dem steal cloth for market... Buahri

what of those that depleted the national reserve, sharing dollars in order for people to vote for them, Nigerians are quick to forget, and maybe that is cause suffering has been imbedded in their DNA, not mine tho... smiley

i am not here to defend Buhari, before you peole come for my head. But politicians lie, and his Party lied about fulfilling campaign promises they cant deliver on. But i will rather have a lying politician rule over me than an Ignoramus, lying and stealing politician....

After una collect bag of rice and oil finish una dey complain, we are in all this together, infact all traveling activities should be grounded till further notice, so nobody will think they can escape from this mess we find ourselves.
I remember Okonjo Iweala warning us in the last regime about the econmy, the issue is even if Jonathan still remains the President, this thing about the economy will still have affected us. God bless Nigeria
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AreaFada2: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2016
Truth234:

Well have you asked yourself if the system had done the right thing, militants, boko and others groups causing havoc might have been greatly minimised?

We have recycled politicians in office and they have nothing to offer.

Maybe first should be getting the right leadership, not based on size of tribe, religion or who contributes what to national purse but the very best leaders.

Then restructure the system for more efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by DaBullIT(m): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2016
david22uu:

Please always try to read before you spit out, dollar @ d interbank mkt reach an all time low of 330 and u are saying 280..
If you don't knw much about fx, please shut up

The Nigerian Naira on Thursday weaken to an all-time low of N330.50 against the US dollar, following the Central Bank decision to abandon fix exchange rate.

The local currency dropped as much as 5.4 percent to N309 against the US dollar as of 12:24 GMT on Thursday before retreating to N292.40 on the interbank market.

“Instead it was mopping up naira liquidity to support the currency. After market closed, a total of $7.10 million trades were done as low as 330.50 naira to the dollar,” a trader said.

Commercial Banks had been selling the dollar at 280 to 285 Naira after the central bank removed its 16-month-old peg of 197 Naira to a US dollar in June.

From N330 to N309 to N292 and commercial banks are selling approximately 290 and the 330 all time low means during the trading period the highest naira sold is 330 as opposed to upwards of 390-400

Shame on you for being such a wuzz ,
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2016
passionate88:

You want the Niger Delta agitators to stop their 'madness' but you don't want the dullard to do what they demanded if him
must he answer all, nobody get monopoly of wahala o, if e answer militants finish another group go rise up and come up with demands, common, is this all you have?
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2016
FuckTheMod:

You shall all fall ijn

Even JESUS don comot hands for Nigeria matter. You're alone

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 7:37am On Jul 22, 2016
M4gunners:
It was all about propaganda, stop believing everything you read about fg.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2016
VenusBetty:
must he answer all, nobody get monopoly of wahala o, if e answer militants finish another group go rise up and come up with demands, common, is this all you have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by yeyeboi(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2016
MKO4ever:
welcome to the reality
I once heard that in university of Ibadan, the department of theatre art is located behind the faculty of social science.
So that once people are through with their theatre and drama they will then proceed to face the reality
Nigeria had been in the theatre, art and drama department for too long
But now we are in social science to face the reality.
Therefore welcome to the reality

Whoever told you that the faculty of theater art is at the back of social science must be high on alcohol cheesy angry grin grin smiley

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by bewla(m): 7:41am On Jul 22, 2016
yang:
The zoo must fall
by zoologist abi
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by bewla(m): 7:44am On Jul 22, 2016
bsaying:
I hear some people say its gonna get better in this buhari regime..
Hope maketh not ashamed...
Buhari pls sir make us not ashamed
so u lament with tomato now what u say so shall it be with the ecoقزم to
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2016
SmartMugu:

It may have nothing to do with either GEJ or Buhari or anyone else. When pushed to the wall, everyone knows when to react. The cost of everything is way higher than it was during GEJ era. For communities that relied on fishing, amnesty funds etc, all that halted for some reasons. I think that may be one reason the militants sprung up.

Wow. You no blame GEJ! That's new
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Skmoda360(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2016
eddiebruk:
The Whole of this Country needs a reform, Irrespective of our differences
even you....
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2016
SmartMugu:

I agree with you. Their actions isn't helping anyone, not even their own people. We can only hope the government and them work things out.

When the dullard made his 97% and 5% speech, it would have favoured others while neglecting the area that sustains the nation. But what the Niger Delta agitators are doing is affecting everybody. This is good
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AreaFada2: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2016
VenusBetty:
I remember Okonjo Iweala warning us in the last regime about the econmy, the issue is even if Jonathan still remains the President, this thing about the economy will still have affected us. God bless Nigeria

Maybe, but not so badly. Despite lower oil price, crude oil would have been flowing steady. Because militants were kept in check.

NOI warning meant she was good and foresaw difficulties ahead. That is the first step towards preparing for it. GEJ would have together with NOI and CBN gov worked out a reasonable way forward. Not dictating from ASO Rock without a proper economic team and a rookie finance minister to boot. grin

Saudi, Algeria and others are affected by low oil prices too. And they are still not living on their foreign reserve entirely. So depleted reserve is not entirely responsible.

Low oil output and poor economic policies are chiefly to blame

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 8:02am On Jul 22, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Wise people drive home their points without an attack on persona. He gave his own suggestion, kindly discredit or point out the flaws, you can do that without resorting to crude insults

AxeurdaddyIX:

Oh please, if you must talk, say something reasonable that might help drag this country out of this quagmire. It's y'all cerebral deficient folks with a very poor thinking faculty who always use this The Zoo Must Fall line, it's so cliche

Say something wiser or forever hold your peace

That means you are not wise, you insulted someone and you are saying wise people don't insult
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 247Dior(m): 8:08am On Jul 22, 2016
priceaction:

The problem I think is that government need to find a way to increase dollar inflows without borrowing ,alternative to oil sales. And that is what I think we don't have at the moment.
This problem would have been minor if buhari has immediately carried Niger Deltans along diplomatically. Make amendments with the igbos despite their low support for him. Everything is not about force.
But here we are. Lose lose situations. No direct investments. Nd wahala, low oil sale, low oil price, deflection in FX accounts, increase in foreign goods dependant. Mono economy over long time in the midst of abundance of resources.

Even if jona is there , we will have similar situation too because BH will be the one bleeping the economy. Nigeria is already Bleep.d up by our own leaders and it will be hard to redeem it as at now. Only decentralization of Central government and resource control can slightly improve the problem and that is what elites don't want .
bro things wouldn't have been like this if it was GEJ because he has a good ECONOMIC team and BOKO HARAM is never a threat to the economy.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: First Bank To Solve Education Challenges Facing Parents / Can GTB Naira Mastercard Make Online Payment / Bank Customer Speaks In Tongues At The ATM (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.