Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market (22323 Views)

Naira Sinks To Record Low At N420 Against Dollar / Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market / Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Joehong(m): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2016
THIS BOY MOHAMMED ILIYASU HASSAN LEFT HOUSE ON 17TH JULY 2016 AND NEVER RETURN HOME. ANY BODY THAT KNOW OR SEE HIM SHOULD CONTACT 08166451490

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by chuose: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2016
yang:
The zoo must fall

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by longview007: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2016
$1=#1. I don't know what to comment pls. I have seen this even befor his election. still expect more fall.
TAX increament from 7% to 18% is fast approching. by then, Nigerians will see the full hardship.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2016
The zombies have said "keep calm oh ye nigerians, the economy is only technically in recession, it will pick up in 2017", these are the strategy of the a con man, first prey on the gullibility of your victim,then when they start loosing faith and start asking questions, bring in patience to stall. Anyway na we all go suffer am, somebody sai baba grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 247Dior(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2016
countsparrow:
I dont know why people keep blaming Buhari for our woes, Nepa take light... Buhari, Dem steal cloth for market... Buahri

what of those that depleted the national reserve, sharing dollars in order for people to vote for them, Nigerians are quick to forget, and maybe that is cause suffering has been imbedded in their DNA, not mine tho... smiley

i am not here to defend Buhari, before you peole come for my head. But politicians lie, and his Party lied about fulfilling campaign promises they cant deliver on. But i will rather have a lying politician rule over me than an Ignoramus, lying and stealing politician....

After una collect bag of rice and oil finish una dey complain, we are in all this together, infact all traveling activities should be grounded till further notice, so nobody will think they can escape from this mess we find ourselves.
listen and learn y buhari is to blame (1) 97-5% comment devided the country and when people are decided they fall 'united we stand &devided we fall (2) bad or no ECONOMIC team and rookies incharge (3) Niger delta militants (4) Buhari's stubbornness.. when he would have devalued the naira he refused but only to devalue it when it's already late and things have already gone out of hand... this is y BUHARI/APC is to blame for all the problems of this country and the previous government....

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Princepoint(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2016
naira sucks

Bring in the pounds
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 247Dior(m): 8:26am On Jul 22, 2016
BUHARI/APC is to blame for all the problems of this country and here is why..

(1) 97-5% comment devided the country and when people are decided they fall 'united we stand &devided we fall

(2) bad or no ECONOMIC team and rookies incharge

(3) Niger delta militants

(4) Buhari's stubbornness.. when he would have devalued the naira he refused but only to devalue it when it's already late and things have already gone out of hand... this is y BUHARI/APC is to blame for all the problems of this country and the previous government....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2016
YOU WANT TO LEARN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY?

You want to learn PHOTOGRAPHY? You want to capture those little moments that are special to you or your client; true interactions, true emotions?. Then this celebrated photographer is the real deal. MOTIF!

In his word.....

"Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that visually tell a story or record an event.

Getting to know my clients, capturing real interactions, and telling their story, is what inspires me. Each shoot is unique and a new chance for me to share with others my passion for modern, documentary, candid style photography.

Having taken photoshoots for brands, celebrities, corporate outfits, weddings, models, documentaries in my professional career, I will guide you through the process of phootshooting (Sometimes, just by using natural light and unique locations, we capture artwork that could never be created in a studio), professional editing pictures and much more at UMS TRAINING HUB - 100% Hands-on Practical

I AM sAM OBAD, CEO of MOTIF PHOTOGRAPHY"

ULTRA MEDIA SOLUTIONS | +2348187428339, +2348187434413, | INFO@ultramediasolution.com l BBM: 5c3ABB44 , 7AF02B2D l Website : WWW.ultramediasolution.com

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 4nobody4every1: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2016
Flexherbal:
Too bad!
If the Naira were to be a male organ, I would have cured it permanently, from this premature expulsion and weakness that it's experiencing with its partner, the Dolla, with My Highly Potent Herbal Tea For Men!
Nairaland Una go kill person with laugh grin grin grin

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by midasbliss(f): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2016
Truth234:

and why now, why not during GEJ?

BH was there for him...
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by ClitRaider: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2016
yang:
The zoo must fall
bubu be like; nyamiri, when u go repent na?!

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2016
by 2017, it must have reached #500, hehehehehehe, that's change
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by murmee: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2016
onatisi:
Ppl need to ask the cbn governor and buhari about the billions of yuan they said was coming. Or has china changed her mind too
I wonder o. We don't hear anything about this Yuan business anymore. The idea was that if your import is from China, you don't need the almighty dollar. You exchange Naira for Yuan and import. So why is everyone after the dollar when most imports are from China. Abi China has backed out of the deal? Can someone tell us?
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Truth234(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2016
midasbliss:

BH was there for him...

and now?
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by vizion: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2016
Icecomrade:
[b]So why has Buhari finally succumbed to naira devaluation? Economic experts had advised him long before now and he remained restive? Why? Just to show that he is Buhari? And his blind empty brained applauding him from the sideline.

Did someone say NDA should stop pipeline vandalism? President Musa Yaradua in his wisdom granted amnesty to Niger Delta Militants and paid allowances to parve way for peace.

President Goodluck Jonathan awarded contracts security of pipelines to Ex militants and OPC knowing that they were respondsible for vandalism. This helped reduce vandalism almost to nothing.

PMB came on board and said the approach by the past administrative was structured to promote corruption and decided to scrap it.

Empty brained supporters were applauding at the sidelines and taunting the wisdom of the past government.
T
With all the effort to discredit the decisions and wisdom of other past administration, am yet to see this APC government putting up a more superior and better workable policies.

Things gets worse and the excuse they sell to cheap minds is that it's corruption fighting back. How does it improve anything
[/b]

If you have 5000 Militants in the region, and you pay them 20k every month, that would be a 100Million in a month, and 1.2Billion Naira in a year.

In a region of over 10million ppl, is this how we should be operating.

I would rather the government open a farm, and have those ex-militant go and earn a living.

What message do we send to the hardworking, crime free citizen earning a minimum wage of less than 20k in a month.

can government foot the bill if every mail in the region pick up arms and wait to be settled? what have has the money spent sofar brought to the region?

The Government was right to stop the payment to the ex-militants. let us learn to do thinks right.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2016
vizion:

If you have 5000 Militants in the region, and you pay them 20k every month, that would be a 100Million in a month, and 1.2Billion Naira in a year.

I would rather the government open a farm, and have those ex-militant go and earn a living.

What message do we send to the hardworking, crime free citizen earning a minimum wage of less than 20k in a month.

can government foot the bill if every mail in the region pick up arms and wait to be settled? what have has the money spent sofar brought to the region?

The Government was right to stop the payment to the ex-militants. let us learn to do thinks right.

Finally some zombie understands mathematics

We have over 270 lawmakers earning roughly 150billion naira in a year. We know we dont need that much lawmakers but we do that just so everyone gets carried along

Militants being paid 1.2 billion naira allows 4.5 trillion naira to come into your purse while you try to diversify the economy.

University of Nigeria. 100 level exams
Common Sense 101
Answer the question below.

In an hypothetical country in west africa being a zombie
Looses 4.3 triilion naira and earns 1.2 billion naira. The reverse logic was employed for 8 years by the wailers

1. Solve the sense ratio between a wailer and a zombie.

Answer
Zombie sense= N1.2 billion=amount gained=pmb logic
Wailer sense = N4.3 trillion=amount gained=gej logic

Plz complete the maths
[i][/i]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
AreaFada2:

Maybe, but not so badly. Despite lower oil price, crude oil would have been flowing steady. Because militants were kept in check.

NOI warning meant she was good and foresaw difficulties ahead. That is the first step towards preparing for it. GEJ would have together with NOI and CBN gov worked out a reasonable way forward. Not dictating from ASO Rock without a proper economic team and a rookie finance minister to boot. grin

Saudi, Algeria and others are affected by low oil prices too. And they are still not living on their foreign reserve entirely. So depleted reserve is not entirely responsible.

Low oil output and poor economic policies are chiefly to blame
and the oil is not even enough for 170million Nigerians
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Icecomrade: 11:06am On Jul 22, 2016
vizion:

How does this your long grammar and mathematics resolve unrest in Niger Delta.

Have you calculated how much the Federal government loss to Pipeline vandalism and rapid loss in crude production.

Isnt your idea Penny wise! Pound foolish idea?
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 22, 2016
Skmoda360:

even you....

Who be this?
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AxeurdaddyIX: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2016
passionate88:

That means you are not wise, you insulted someone and you are saying wise people don't insult

Now read carefully, The person I allegedly insulted made no meaningful contribution towards the topic, the person I corrected insulted someone who proffered a solution. Can you comprehend that??
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by rockyh(m): 11:39am On Jul 22, 2016
countsparrow:
I dont know why people keep blaming Buhari for our woes, Nepa take light... Buhari, Dem steal cloth for market... Buahri

what of those that depleted the national reserve, sharing dollars in order for people to vote for them, Nigerians are quick to forget, and maybe that is cause suffering has been imbedded in their DNA, not mine tho... smiley

i am not here to defend Buhari, before you peole come for my head. But politicians lie, and his Party lied about fulfilling campaign promises they cant deliver on. But i will rather have a lying politician rule over me than an Ignoramus, lying and stealing politician....

After una collect bag of rice and oil finish una dey complain, we are in all this together, infact all traveling activities should be grounded till further notice, so nobody will think they can escape from this mess we find ourselves.
I would prefer to dine with a man who stole billions yet gave me food n comfort than stay with someone who said his fighting corruption With billions recovered from a supposed corrupt person yet am suffering bitterly n he's forcing policies that would make me worse than before. As far as the president is still in power expect the worse of today for tomorrow n worst for the future cos he's a dictator with a humble smile deceiving those without fore sight
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 400billionman: 11:55am On Jul 22, 2016
onatisi:
Ppl need to ask the cbn governor and buhari about the billions of yuan they said was coming. Or has china changed her mind too

Voicemail..
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by 400billionman: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
Feranchek:
Nna OP you can lie for Africa o0oo!! N330 and you talk sey na all time low??!!! Ah ah na..... naira don reach N400 before! I've bought goods online with N360 per dollar before (the tin hook me and I got no choice buh to buy it cry )

Black market rate is always higher than Interbank rate.

Interbank at N330 means Blackmarket rate must have exceeded N400. The report stylishly avoided mentioning it..
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by passionate88: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Now read carefully, The person I allegedly insulted made no meaningful contribution towards the topic, the person I corrected insulted someone who proffered a solution. Can you comprehend that??
it doesn't matter

AxeurdaddyIX:

Wise people drive home their points without an attack on persona. He gave his own suggestion, kindly discredit or point out the flaws, you can do that without resorting to crude insults
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AxeurdaddyIX: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
passionate88:
it doesn't matter

It does.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by mrZENographer: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
Did Naira drop or not ??

According to the news , Naira traded for 280 to USD , is this good news or not ? Yes it is good news for those who don't know , it means Naira is getting stronger and healthier and contrary to the claims of these bad news agents, Nigeria may not be as broke as they want us to believe , And since this is good news , someone say with me

SAI BABA oooooooooooooooooooooo

You asked a reasonable question, but you asked sarcastically , I personally have not forgotten the Yuan deal, i think the reason why the deal has not taken effect is probably because naira is yet to stabilize , to introduce a new currency to our CBN , i think Naira has to be climing against USD or should be at its peak and stable

Are you dumb? Someone above you just said Buhari devalued Naira. Which is something that should have been done since as was advised, not now that is has almost drenched.
And devaluing naira is not a good thing but is still an alternative to help the economy.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by Caleycash(m): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
Did Naira drop or not ??

According to the news , Naira traded for 280 to USD , is this good news or not ? Yes it is good news for those who don't know , it means Naira is getting stronger and healthier and contrary to the claims of these bad news agents, Nigeria may not be as broke as they want us to believe , And since this is good news , someone say with me

SAI BABA oooooooooooooooooooooo

You asked a reasonable question, but you asked sarcastically , I personally have not forgotten the Yuan deal, i think the reason why the deal has not taken effect is probably because naira is yet to stabilize , to introduce a new currency to our CBN , i think Naira has to be climing against USD or should be at its peak and stable
You are very naive," am sorry to say so... so you think yesterday update remains today update?
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by DaBullIT(m): 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
Caleycash:
You are very naive," am sorry to say so... so you think yesterday update remains today update?

You think Naira will jump from 290 all the way to 350 in one day

Nna na waa for you o
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by achieverme(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
eddiebruk:
The Whole of this Country needs a reform, Irrespective of our differences

Best of reforming is to allow resource control or outright dividion. Let those who feel they can stay alone go their ways. Being part of Nigeria is no by force.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by AreaFada2: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
VenusBetty:
and the oil is not even enough for 170million Nigerians

I have been making this point for years. Even 10m barrels/ day won't take 9ja anywhere without using the money to diversify economy and fund infrastructure and education.
Re: Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market by midasbliss(f): 5:58am On Jul 23, 2016
Truth234:

and now?

well, you know the rest...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bank Customer Speaks In Tongues At The ATM (Video) / Can GTB Naira Mastercard Make Online Payment / 23 Banks Got N28.7bn Inflows From Dubious MMM Transactions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.