Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Ideal Lunch Package For Kids - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ideal Lunch Package For Kids (30172 Views)

See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / What Are You Having For Lunch / What Did You Eat For Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by Gamine(f): 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2009
1 Chicken Nuggets [/b]Any fast food that's breaded and fried is bursting with fat. Nuggets and their dipping sauces also have a lot of sodium, which can contribute to high blood pressure in adults. Don't let your child's taste buds get used to salty foods.

2 [b]Chips
Giving your child a handful of chips with lunch on occasion is fine, but keep in mind that potato chips, corn chips, and cheese puffs are mostly fat, sodium, and empty calories.

3 Doughnuts Most are packed with artery-clogging saturated fat and trans-fatty acids. An average doughnut also has 200 to 300 calories and few other nutrients.

4 French Fries It's unfortunate that fries are the most popular vegetable dish in the U.S. Kids love them, but they're extremely high in fat and have few vitamins. If your children clamor for them at the drive-through, at least stick with a small portion.

5 Fruit Leather Most rolled-up dried fruit has a dab of fruit, a teeny bit of fiber, few vitamins except those that have been added, and lots of sugar. Serve fresh fruit instead.

6 Hot Dogs
Regular dogs are high in fat (13 or more grams per serving), have lots of sodium, and don't provide much protein for the calories. They're also a choking hazard for children 3 and under. Serve only occasionally, look for lower-fat brands (try turkey dogs), and cut into very small pieces for young children.

7 Juice-flavored Drinks Most are no more than 10 percent juice; the rest is water and sweeteners. (Don't be fooled by 100 percent juices made from grape, pear, or apple concentrate. Much of the nutrition has been removed from concentrates.)

8 Prepackaged Lunches [/b]Sure, they're convenient, but they also tend to be high in saturated fat and sodium (more than 1,200 milligrams in some, about half the recommended daily max) and packed with sugary treats. Most also are nutritionally unbalanced, because they contain no fruits or vegetables.

[b]9 Soda
American children drink more soft drinks today than ever. The average 12-ounce can of soda supplies almost ten teaspoons of sugar, which can contribute to obesity and tooth decay. Kids who drink soda instead of milk are also shortchanging their bones of calcium and other nutrients.

10 Toaster Pastries
These contain lots of fat and not much fruit. Instead, make a piece of raisin toast for your child, and serve it with jam.

Oh no, its just baby fat! shocked

Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by onimine(f): 1:52am On Sep 24, 2009
for me and i know a lot of mothers who do same,i . give the following. indomie with egg or fish, jollof rice with egg or fish, spaghetti or macaroni, fried rice, boiled yam or plantain with fried eggs. i pick a different meal each day of the school week for lunch for my kids. i add either caprisonne, ribena or bobo drink .i drop my kids at 7am and dont pick them till 4pm and i dont think sandwhich would go. i am speaking for myself mind you . i also add biscuit to the lunch pack. My kids are aged 3 and 5

2 Likes

Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by mohawkchic(f): 2:01am On Sep 24, 2009
~No friuts? Do you boil the egg sometimes? All that frying cant be too good ie Plantain,eggs. . .
Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by onimine(f): 2:05am On Sep 24, 2009
i boil the eggs most times. its only when its boiled yam or fried plantain that i give them fried eggs which is oncea week. i dont give fruits. I guess it makes sense to add fruits
Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by mohawkchic(f): 2:21am On Sep 24, 2009
~Oh Okies. .

~Yes you shud add fruits. .it wud somewhat balance their diet. . . They wud benefit from it too
Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by Gamine(f): 2:24am On Sep 24, 2009
indomie with egg or fish, jollof rice with egg or fish, spaghetti or macaroni, fried rice, boiled yam or plantain with fried eggs. i pick a different meal each day of the school week for lunch for my kids. i add either caprisonne, ribena or bobo drink .

people are killing they chillun >_<
Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by bethelm: 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
KID TABLET
Ignite the genius in your child and see them come alive with the new edutablet that provides educational content in a fun and interactive manner‎.‎

Proven to significantly Improve intelligence and absorption rate in kids between 2 and 12 years through its preloaded 15 educational apps and games‎,‎ it includes African‎‐themed learning games with a kid‎‐friendly user interface‎.‎ More apps are available for download via Google Play Store‎.‎ It has a special high density silicone case cover protection to prevent damage on drops from heights‎.‎

[url]http://www.mendelsedutablets.com/index.php/ct-menu-item-5[/url]

Item Type: Tablet PC

Tablet Data Capacity: 8GB

Network Communiction: Wifi, External 3G

Screen Size: 7"

Extend Port: 3G External, DC Jack, Earphone Jack, TF card

Net Weight: 0.29

Supporting Language: English,Russian,Spanish,Swedish,Portuguese,Turkish,Italian,German,Chinese,French,Japanese,Polish,Ukrainian

Touch Screen Type: Capacitive Screen

Processor Main Frequency: Quad Core

Feature: Multi Touch, G Sensor, OTG, Dual Cameras

Memory Capacity: 1GB

Operating System: Android 5.1.1

Display resolution: 1024x768

Cell Capacity: 2800

Brand Name: Mendels

Second Webcam Pixels: 0.3

color: blue, pink

Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by Nobody: 7:47am On May 03, 2016
More ideas please... Mums, aunts and dads (eyes rolling. Lol) please keep them coming, more suggestions please....
Re: Ideal Lunch Package For Kids by babythug(f): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2017
Fried or boiled potatoes-sweet or Irish /yam/plantain served with eggs or flaked fish sauce

White/fried/jollof rice with beef/chicken or fish

Spaghetti or macaroni with minced or corned beef sauce

Sandwiches

Noodles with mixed veggies and boiled eggs

One serving of fruits - water melon, Apple, banana or pineapple or orange juice

One biscuit or chocolate bar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made / Talk To Us On your Varieties Food:Our Service Delivery Is Free And Affordable / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.