Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

The World's Most Corrupt Football League - Iamdmentor1 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The World's Most Corrupt Football League - Iamdmentor1 (2485 Views)

Nigeria Professional Football League Table After Week 8 Sunday Games / Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Always Travels With His Family (Photos) / Top Ten Veterans In Nigeria Professional Football League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World's Most Corrupt Football League - Iamdmentor1 by Iamdmentor1(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
AN ARTICLE BY ALEXANDER THEGREAT ABDULSALAM

Have you ever sat down to watch a match in the Nigerian Premier League? Well if you haven't, I suggest you should try it if you want to get bored. The game structure is a one sided thing where only the team at home wins. It is very rare for an away team to win in the Nigerian Premier League and this compelled me to do some research on the issue.
I had the opportunity to speak with some referees, who officiate in the Nigerian Premier League and the stories they told me were the same sadden story. According to one of them (name withheld), they are bribed before almost every match so they (the referees) should support them during the match. Some of the referees are disciplined that they do not take bribe but most of them succumb to the pressure and even the christian referees compromise their faith.
The bribe according to the referees amount up to NGN500000 depending on the importance of the match.
On the issue of the home team always winning, I was in dilemma and needed information to help me with it so I had to ask different referees why it is so, because I see no reason, why a team will always win at home and rarely or never win away. I was therefore enlightened that, they (the referees) are threatened before the match by fans or even officials. One of them told me that he once was officiating a match in the northern part (club withheld), and one of the fans said, "Oga if these people win eh, your head don comot", and because of that, he was not settled through out the match and was forced to support the home team.
After examining all these, it all made sense to me. The best teams are shown in a neutral match (no home or away). Furthermore, to prove my points, I implore you to have a look at the Nigerian Premier League table. Even the team at the bottom rarely loses at home. This is probably because, they are not so financially buoyant to bribe referees.
http://www.dmentorlive.com/2016/06/nigerian-premier-league-one-of-most.html

Re: The World's Most Corrupt Football League - Iamdmentor1 by jimmyroger: 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
On this is not the current season now things as changed

(1) (Reply)

Football Bettor. Sure Win Betting Tips / AFCON 2012: Angola Vs Sudan (2 - 2) On January 26th 2012 / Download UEFA Video: Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich 1-5 2017 All Goals And Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.