Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying (419 Views)

Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) / Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Why Is It Necessary To Appeal To God For Objective Morals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by evy1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
Many people believe that you must close your eyes while praying, some don't believe in that. So do you think its necessary to close your eyes while praying for your prayers to answered.
Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by Evergreen4(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Yes, it helps u focus

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by donTbone(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Funny enough... The Bible doesn't specify either to pray eyes open or closed.

But as it stands, closing your eyes while pray helps to focus and ignore distractions. If you are guaranteed that you will be aligned with God, then...

My self as an example, I pray, most times, eyes open and closed at intervals, cos I love to walk while praying(no matter how small the space.) But if am lying or kneeling or just at a spot, then there is no need for me to Open my eyes till am done praying.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by mimopel(f): 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
donTbone:
Funny enough... The Bible doesn't specify either to pray eyes open or closed.

But as it stands, closing your eyes while pray helps to focus and ignore distractions. If you are guaranteed that you will be aligned with God, then...

My self as an example, I pray, most times, eyes open and closed at intervals, cos I love to walk while praying(no matter how small the space.) But if am lying or kneeling or just at a spot, then there is no need for me to Open my eyes till am done praying.

hhhmmmmmmmm...see prayer warrior smiley smiley...where do u worship
Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by mimopel(f): 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
well....its not mandatory but i think its neccessary. for me i close my eyes while i pray 90% of the time
Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by donTbone(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
mimopel:

hhhmmmmmmmm...see prayer warrior smiley smiley...where do u worship
gringringringrin You wanna come worship?
Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by mimopel(f): 3:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
donTbone:

gringringringrin
You wanna come worship?

yea....if its bible believing y not...oya tell me jhor smiley

modified: no worry i no want know again...i don see one of ur topic i don run undecided undecided
Re: Is It Necessary To Close Your Eyes While Praying by donTbone(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
mimopel:

yea....if its bible believing y not...oya tell me jhor smiley

modified: no worry i no want know again...i don see one of ur topic i don run undecided undecided
Ok... And what happened to the topic? undecided

Well... Am a bible believing church goer. Mind u, I do a balanced Christianity which wouldn't make me look like an hypocrite.

Being hygienic and pubic hair treating is part of it.

(1) (Reply)

My Damaged Car Bumper / A Country Of Religious Mugu's - Article By Charly Boy / Correcting The Erroneous Belief That The Earth Is Satan's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.