Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

How To Erase Tribal Marks? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Erase Tribal Marks? (37596 Views)

Silicones Erase Pores To Make The Skin Care / Scientists Find A Way To Erase Frightening Memories / 4 Ways To Erase Wrinkles Without Surgery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:14am On Sep 18, 2009
Lmao. You people are sick
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2009
It depends on how bad the tribal mark(s) is instead there are some gud looking fitting tribal jams on the face.
My dad has about 12 tribal marks lined up on his dear handsome face. angry
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Dotman01(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
Can someone pls describe how bini marks lool like
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
go marry bini girl with tribal marks. then you will know. grin
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2009
LoL
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
bawomolo:

things that ugly people say. abeg jare

Self commiseration.
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2009
LoL
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2009
***winks*** grin
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Mayodsaint(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2009
well i think the best thing to do is for tht fellow to opt face transplant. just like what michael jackson did.
we nigerians we fail to appreciate our culture, appearances etc. which God bestowed upon us.
pls and pls let him/she praise God as far as you are alive, you r not better than those dead so learn to be contended & let the spirit of God guide you in all u do.
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by AloyEmeka6: 2:33am On Sep 19, 2009
oyinda.:

i agree.
I met this lady with a slight burn mark (fire accident or something) on her face and thought that it very peculiar in a nice way.

Go do am now?
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Africason(m): 11:40am On Sep 19, 2009
Sandpaper and caustic soda will do the job! Wink

What?! U want make am turn MJ? grin
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2009
and where is mj now?
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by sosisi(f): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2009
It's very easy for folks to say tribal marks are no big deal when they don't have to deal with those scars on their faces.
Anyone here who had teenage acne growing up can agree with me that it erodes one's confidence because you think everyone around you is counting and measuring the acne bumps on your face.
@ the poster,advice your friend to see a good cosmetic surgeon if they are in a developed country .Unfortunately most of those deep groovy ones cannot be completely erased but can be lightened and covered with good make up.
A woman's looks are everything ro her.
I met a young woman recently (here in the states),a recent immigrant with very long horizontal and vertical marks on her face and she couldn't even look people in the eyes.

It is now illegal in Oshun and several other states to tribally mark innocent children.
Those things serve no purposes in today's world,they are barbaric.I wish the government would use a few handful of parents to set an example and warn others not to do this to kids.
If an adult wants tribal marks,he can get 64 on each cheek if he chooses, not children.
That is one culture that ought to be dead and buried together with FGM.

1 Like

Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2009
she couldn't look people in the eyes because of low self-esteem - not necessarily because she had tribal marks.
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by gozzik(m): 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2009
I don't just know what 2 suggest but whatever the very person does about it, she has 2 be veeery careful knowing fully well dat she is dealing life. GOOD LUCK.
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Naija4ward(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2009
I cannot remeber the exact spelling, but its called Bacuten or Carnestein. Ask your local Nigerian chemist. It works over a period of say 4 months.

Caveat emptor
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
bros, becuten na for eczema not for tribal marks oooo! shocked
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by StEdwin(m): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2009
USe Eraser and acid cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by monopolist: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
Try Sand Paper and Body Filler but do not fight Lion again

Just give thanks to God. Do you know Seal?
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by cannonball(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2009
Its extremely difficult for tribal marks to be removd or reduced in African / African americans. This is becauseof the fact that we produce a lot of scar tissue with any invasion/breakage of the skin. Any process to try and even it out would require further breaking the skin which could lead to worse results (ask seal) smiley
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by DatNiggaAk(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
abacha outlawed tribal marks when he was head of state.
to me its barbaric
thank God i dont have one,
i would have shot my folks for that, grin grin
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by koolchicco: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2009
Na waoo,Is this thread still on?. . .The Poster neva cut that yin face troway? grin
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by ayobase(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2009
To erase a tribal mark,
it is just mere seeking
for a worse one as the
case may be.

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by booberry: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
ERASE KE? abeg get selfconfidence jo. wetin d mark wan do now wey e don get owner? who go accept am if u reject am.ageg hold ur tin, vex small 4 d person wey put am 4 ur face.
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
George_D:

she couldn't look people in the eyes because of low self-esteem - not necessarily because she had tribal marks.

what gave her the low self esteem in the first place? is it not the stupid tribal marks?
maybe u shud et one so u ca know ow it feels.
@poster let her visit one of this beautishops.
you can try quincy. or better still use google search
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2009
a number of factors other than the tribal marks could have been responsible for the low self-esteem. societal pressures, peer group, etc
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by denny4ril: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ dappssee, ve u tried that acidic formula urself? I BELIEVE THERE IS NO NEED REMOVING TRIBAL MARKS. IF U HAVE IT, LIKE IT 4 U ARE WHAT AND WHO U THINK U ARE AND WHAT PEOPLE SAY U ARE. IF I VE TRIBAL MARK, I WILL WALK AROUND IN IT, SHOULDER HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS MY ROMANTIC GIST FOR THIS POST
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by sweeti14(f): 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2009
i dont hav a permanent solution but i'll suggest make up.if d scars are not too deep and broad den a gud concealer and foundation should du d trick wink,yul b surprised at d outcome! plus she should please get help on d self esteem issue,she should come 2 accept and luv herself d way she is and focus more on her inner self(i noe it wunt b easy 4 her),gud luck grin
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 27, 2009
i think the tribal mark tingy started during the trans atlantic slave trade,and it went on and on,so that identification can be easy,and people can trace their anscestors,its of no use now
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by No2Atheism(m): 12:45am On Sep 27, 2009
uplawal:

i think the tribal mark tingy started during the trans atlantic slave trade,and it went on and on,so that identification can be easy,and people can trace their anscestors,its of no use now

shocked source please
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 27, 2009
@no2atheist,me no good at digging o,just had the knowledge from history class ,you can helep me abeg,no offence though,ask davidlyan,he will tell you av never dug before on religion section grin

and why are you shocked? wink
Re: How To Erase Tribal Marks? by sosisi(f): 2:35am On Sep 28, 2009
uplawal:

@no2atheist,me no good at digging o,just had the knowledge from history class ,you can helep me abeg,no offence though,ask davidlyan,he will tell you av never dug before on religion section grin

and why are you shocked? wink
It was during intertribal wars amongst the Yorubas .
The Oyo people wanted to know their people and differentiate them from the Ijebus etc
Obviously a smart way to identify who was who.
It had it's place then
not needed in today's world
no need to stigmatize kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / Man Who Was Unable To Pay For Wife's Medical Bills, Gets Help Through Twitter. / Nairalanders Help! Don't Know What Is Happening To My Skin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.