Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,239 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

US Election: Reasons Why Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Election: Reasons Why Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate (716 Views)

Hillary Clinton Collapses At 9/11 Ceremony, Rushed Out In Ambulance / President Chooses Wife As Running Mate / Donald Trump Meets With WWE Owner Vince Mcmahon About Serving As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Election: Reasons Why Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by rawglobalnews: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hillary Clinton on Friday tapped Tim Kaine, a popular Spanish-speaking senator from the swing state of Virginia, to be her running mate in the White House showdown against Donald Trump. The pick comes three days before the start of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, where Clinton — and now Kaine — will be elevated as the nominees to the party’s presidential ticket. “I’m thrilled to announce my running mate, @timkaine, a man who’s devoted his life to fighting for others. -H,” the former secretary of state tweeted.

Widely seen as a safe choice in a brutal election race — Kaine himself jokes that he is “boring” — the senator emerged as frontrunner in the veepstakes because he ticks so many boxes. An experienced foreign policy hand who serves on the Senate Foreign Relations and Armed Services committees, he could help Clinton lock in two key voting blocs: Hispanics and the battleground state of Virginia. Politically a center-left Democrat, with working-class roots and a spotless record both as governor and senator, he is also seen as helping Clinton win over votes from reluctant independent male voters — although at risk of alienating the party’s progressive left wing. The pair will hit the campaign trail together in Florida on Saturday. The 58-year-old Kaine swiftly tweeted: “Just got off the phone with Hillary. I’m honored to be her running mate.

Read more from RAW GLOBAL NEWS via http://www.rawglobalnews.net/us-election-reasons-why-clinton-picks-tim-kaine-as-running-mate/
Re: US Election: Reasons Why Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by kianeli: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
pls who has gone for the American Embassy English language Test?? i am invited for one. How is it like?
Re: US Election: Reasons Why Clinton Picks Tim Kaine As Running Mate by muri4mig(m): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
All u need is brighter grammar. Thank me latter.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Hillary Clinton Still Alive With HIV, Parkinson And Lupus? / Hillary Clinton Faces Major Humiliation After Latest Email Hack. / May I Present To You First Fady Of The United States FLOTUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.