Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

#madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo (1100 Views)

Real Madrid Fans Plan Super Cup Protest After Cristiano Ronaldo Ban / Airport Named After Cristiano Ronaldo / Ronaldo To Have Madeira's Airport Renamed After Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by Landloard01(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
Cristiano Ronaldo’s hometown of Madeira honoured the island’s favourite son by naming their international airport after the EURO 2016 winning Portugal captain and Real Madrid star.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s hometown of Madeira honoured the island’s favourite son by naming their international airport after the EURO 2016 winning Portugal captain and Real Madrid star

Ronaldo, 31, captained Portugal to their first major tournament title in France earlier this month, helping Fernando Santos’s men secure a 1-0 win over the host nation, despite suffering a knee injury in the final.

The announcement came on the same day the former Manchester United forward and three-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo opened his own hotel in the city.

#Madeira Airport, one of the most difficult airports to land @ will be renamed in honour of Christiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo and Albuquerque attended the opening – the first in a global chain of hotels in a venture with Pestana Hotel Group, with locations in Lisbon, Madrid and New York set to follow.

“The first Pestana CR7 had to be in Funchal – my city that also is considered the best island by the World Travel Awards,” Ronaldo said.

“It is a great pride for me – the opening of this my first hotel. It marks my entrance into a completely new area. This new project is going to be a huge success in the four corners of the world.”

[img]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2016/06/14/RONALDO-afp-xlarge_trans++CN7uvI6lmBJwVGFXCvGtPRXrMbOVcYENbE3Ptaa4_bY.jpg[/img]

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, Mynd44
http://www.musbizubeat.com/2016/07/madeira-airport-renamed-cristiano-ronaldo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by Titheman(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
nice one
Re: #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by plainol(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oluwa bless my hustle
Re: #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by Landloard01(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
He's blessed
Re: #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by Landloard01(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
God bless us all
Re: #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by clintino700(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
Saw it earlier today..
Re: #madeira Airport Renamed After Cristiano Ronaldo by rottennaija(m): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
Good one there. He should make plans to expand the airport, make it big for business

(1) (Reply)

3 Odd Daily / Nigerians Representing Other Countries In Rio Olympics!! / Amputee Ibrahim Hamato Plays Table Tennis With The Bat In His Mouth (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.